the styling of the rear is still not cohesive or clear, even in the
flesh.

But how well does this car drive? The short answer is very well, much
as we would expect a

product from a top-drawer Japanese manufacturer to. Nissan is famous for
its innovative and

smart engineering solutions to automotive problems, and there are many
on this car. What is,

however, more impressive is that it all comes together so well.

The Micra is powered by an 1198ccc three-cylinder motor that makes
75bhp of max power.

First impressions are of a smooth motor that in some parts of the
powerband feels as refined

as a four- cylinder unit. The motor responds well once you are in the
mid-range and power gets

progressively stronger. It pulls really strongly from 4000rpm and
acceleration does not taper off

till 6500rpm, giving it a wide power band. Out on the highway, the
performance is pretty good

and the Micra overtakes without any fuss. Although the motor pulls all
the way to 6800rpm, it

Very tempting indeed and somehow I like the looks and the design of the dash. But with more 'entrenched' capable rivals, lets see how it fairs. If it's very reliable and fuel efficient, I think jobs almost half done. Car looks like a grown up A-Star. It will be perceived as a premium Japanese hatch, there by justifying the price tag.

The car seems great and ACI was nothing but raving about the car. I personally find it to be a great car but I am hoping it does not go down the Getz road. It was a great car but the looks were sort of uninteresting and therefore did not fare well with the Indian taste. I hope this car succeeds because it looks like a great product.

The car looks well built with funky looking interiors which may not go down well with everyone. I am surprised to see just a three cylinder engine but it seems powerful enough as per the article and anyway in this category I don't htink anybody would be bothered about power. Doesn't look as good in the snap as it does in the flesh.

The car may be longer than a swift with more boot space, but it is not at all wide. The rear seat is not good enough for even 3 people.

The same problem as with spark. Spark had more legroom but boot and width was no close to an Alto.

Agree with Subzero :

When the photos came in, it had so much more, now there isnt a metal badge on the steering. Interior colour is dull, with two tone effect not soothing. Even the Alto had a grey and black combo, which looks better than this.

I hope spare and service is not priced sky high.

When the photos came in' date=' it had so much more, now there isnt a metal badge on the steering. Interior colour is dull, with two tone effect not soothing. Even the Alto had a grey and black combo, which looks better than this.

I hope spare and service is not priced sky high.

[/quote']

Must be a lower variant.

Until the import content drops, unless Nissan covers, expect high spare prices.

Only the XV has this colour combo on the base it is grey and black which looks much better , Somehow I didn't feel the quality in Mircas plastics (the one in Hallmark NISSAN ,Mumbai ) . The car is big enough and the rear leg space seems bigger because the rear seat is small and literary no under thigh support .

Must be a lower variant.

What Autocar tested and what is showcased in showroom is always the XV(top) variant.

A lot of essential things are missing from this car.

No metal badge on the steering even on top variant.

d31j.jpg

No audio controls on steering and AC vents do not have a chrome ring

d20d.jpg

Very little detailing on doors, one colour is an eyesore. No fabric inserts or chrome on the door opener.

d19oc.jpg

Integrated headrest on the rear seat. and where is the large legroom. ?

d18n.jpg

Small door and upright seatback in rear.

d17i.jpg

alloy wheels in not even an option even. on the top variant

d42.jpg

@ Cyrus: you hit it at the nail with that statement. Its shape is just too feminine, I agree

EDIT: The all black interiors look much better than the grey.

5u3zEr02010-07-14 12:36:06

My Honda dealer found out the prices for me. These are ExShowroom Delhi. These are estimates, for exact nos. we have to wait till tonight 7 PM when the car will be launched.

XE =4.00 lakhs

XE+ = 4.40 lakhs

XL = 4.80 lakhs

XV = 5.30lakhs

The pricing seems to be good, and features for each variant seems to be perfect, even the base is decently equipped with engine Immobilizer, drive computer, driver side airbags along with AC & EPS. And mid range is almost fully loaded & XV being with creature comforts along with dual airbags & ABS.

Even the car looks decent & spacious but that non-chrome badge on steering looks awful.

Also why its being compared with the likes of i20, i guess its real competitors should be Ritz, i10, Swift, Figo, Beat & to some extent Polo too(due to its price tag), but still Polo/i20, etc all are premium hatches while Micra is not or may be... Too many hatches with similar pricing & features are possibly ending the meaning of Segment, they all start from base price i.e 3.5-4 which is were A/A+ segment is & ends towards 6-7lacs lacs which were premium segment is.

Also the Micra & Beat are better equipped than Polo, thats also the reason why Polo is not a hot seller, atleast their mid-variant should be well equipped compared to other smaller hatches.

I guess i will go tomorrow to check out this car.bluesapphire2010-07-15 12:03:04

I like the Micra , the pricing is good but not in league of Figo which has excellent pricing and features. According to me is its Achilles heel is its dealership - which is rare to find in cities like Delhi let alone small towns .

IMO , variant one should go for is XE which has the right blend of features and price

@BS

Nice seeing after such a long time. Where were you.

Coming back to the topic, the XE for me is the perfect city car for those who think safety features are not required. ABS are not required in many conditions in city driving, for them it is a well packaged car with all the features at a good price point.

They are planning for rapid increase in dealership so I think this car will be able to clock 1000-1500 units a month.

@BS

Nice seeing after such a long time. Where were you.

I think he's busy with his studies.

There's a huge price gap of around Rs1.3 lakh between the base and topend version.

XE+ seems real decent, as it comes with steering cover, stereo et al, so not need for the buyer to retro-fit too much stuff.

If the prices were even 30k less, I'd call them decent.

and AC vents do not have a chrome ring

d20d.jpg

Look carefully dude !! Silver-finished rings are there.. 

No fabric inserts or chrome on the door opener.

Variants_1.jpg

and where is the large legroom. ?
d17i.jpg

If pics don't tell then, Measurements prove that figures as pointed out by Nissan & even various Auto Magzines are telling this.

What If they are cutting some of the small features(Alloys, steering chrome logo, etc) but on the other hand what they're giving is much large- Better Build Quality, Well-Engineered product & some of the Extra-Ordinary features like Push-Button Start feature, etc & all at very tempting 3.99 lacs starting price.

IMO, This is the Ideal successor of the MS's Old-Zen in terms of Looks, Style, Engine Characterstics(as ACI test drive video shows) & its Overall Cheeky character, etc 

dr_nishu2010-07-15 18:18:20

Look carefully dude !! Silver-finished rings are there.. 

No fabric inserts or chrome on the door opener.

Variants_1.jpg

This is not what I posted. The one that was showcased in Auto Expo had everything. The XV that we will get lacks these. Just check the photo I posted the previous page. Do you see chrome on the door openers ?

Spares are not localized, so cost of these will be sky high. And all these "good engineered" and " technology" is yet to be proved. Test drives do not show how it will perform in the long run. I wonder how Nissan will manage with 36 outlets and 40 service center (that also by Dec'10).

Yes sb,

this pic is taken from the Nissan Micra tested by zigwheels.com & these Chrome handles are Absent in Pre-Launch display cars at Nissan Showrooms, while the Test cars of various Auto media are featuring this & are on their XV versions.

Even the Nissan is highly relying on its Pre-launch display feedback, Customers likings & dislikings & from that they've Promised that they are going to Update or Edit Micras before delivering it to the Customers.

& Most of the car is localised here(>50%), even its Engine is also 'Made In India'.

Japaneese cars are usually very Much Reliable, so Trouble Free Onwership from Service to Service/Dealer to Dealer point can be Easily expected unlike Tatas & Fiats.

& Yesterday Nissan have Inaugrated 5 more dealerships in the country:

Ludhiana, Jalandhar, Gurgaon, Surat & Calicut & are promising Nissan dealership at every 80kms on NHs.

P.Q: May I ask why are you so much Negative/Against Nissan India ??

May be it is the other way round. Pre-launched cars had this chrome and steering audio controls etc but the after launch and test cars are lacking all these.

I have nothing against Nissan, rather I love the "Godzilla" and the Skyline. What I failed to understand is why Nissan is out with a deserted market strategy ? When you are going to launch a new car (a competitive car) you need to have dealerships, service centers and proper methods of assistance. You cant scream technology and efficiency without having basic preparations. The 370Z or 350Z that are few in numbers here in India are niche cars, but take a looks at N Teana. It was a very nice car with quality and luxury much above that of Camry(toyota) but then where did it disappear?

Even Volkswagen India never had a small car before Polo but before the Polo launch they increased the outlets and sourced parts for the estimated sales for a year. When Nissan is going to start selling a car worth 4-5L it will have rivals which have already got roots in the Indian market. To compete Nissan cannot promote International image just to show how good they are in terms of technology.