Rapper72

Scoop: New Force Motors SUV (Force One)

@Khatbhej:

I think you must send a letter to the Force motors to give you the SUV for free,oh no,you must ask them to pay fuel bills too..smiley11.gif

Just justify your opinion in a practical manner,if you can?

I completely agree with Dr Nishu,force motors is also amongst the reputed brands here in India and all of their vehicle comes up with testes mechanicals.In fact I find their SUVs like Gurkha,Gama etc quite capable too.If you don't believe then you need to go for an off-road trial in them.

If they are developing a rugged chasis in India then what's wrong with the Chinese monoquo body shell,aren't their steel the true steel?They too know how to build cars and build them good too.

REST I CAN TRY MY HAND ON THIS SUV IF I AM ASSURED OF THE SERVICE AND IT HAS THE SEGMENT RIVALING QUALITIES.

Force is definitely a good company, but then Gurkha is one story and Force One is different altogether.

In very loose terms, people don't fall for a girl for her "sizes", but her beauty instead. Similarly, a car has to make a buyer fall in love with it, or else it's going to be a commercial vehicle. This car has got the looks only a mother could love. When its not a looker, hi-fi specs don't mean much at least in this price range, because people want to buy something that screams "I'm fu**ing expensive". Why else do you think Audi's new style statement (big grille & DRLs) instantly gave it a huge lift?

Licensing an old Merc engine doesn't impress me much, nor does the new chassis. They never made passenger cars, hence all that research over the chassis & suspension. That definitely promises a car which rides better than Gurkha, but how does that gurantee a car better than one in the same price bracket?

If it is indeed priced at 12L as rumored, even you will prefer an Aria or W201. Come on be frank smiley1.gif

Posting some interior pictures of Force One from oncars.in. Please judge them yourself.

161a35cba0eb1f9939c0922e34da9f46_555X416

a6c22ade5302cb6553157bf2c426fba1_555X416

93dd83a39390f7fd14b77aae4a7dbf18_555X416

ae7fee684ab5028cb55fee301879f751_555X416

khatbhej2011-08-11 19:09:56

@Khatbhej:

I on't believe any of the above shown interior pics or the exterior or the price until we get the true production model or the UV is unveiled by the company.

There are many such things done before launch and at last its many times found that the true car looks somewhat different from what was expected.

Force Motors have launched the Force One SUV, its first such product as it plans to enhance its presence in the passenger car business. With a brand ambassador like Amitabh Bachchan, Force Motors' Personal Vehicles Division will make its foray with 22 dealerships to begin with as the vehicle hits showrooms from 1st September.

The pricing is as follows -

Rs 10.65 lakhs, ex-showroom, Delhi & Rs 11.1 lakhs, ex-showroom, Mumbai.

The ARAI fuel efficiency cycle rates the Force One at 11.6 kilometres per litre.

7873_l.jpg

The Force One comes with a 2.2-litre common rail diesel engine which is a Daimler engine producing 140bhp. Force Motors claims it to have the best in class legroom in the second and third row seating. The Force One is a 2-wheel drive and the 4x4 will be launched in March 2012, a ABS and EBD version will hit the Indian streets by December 2012.

Specifications:

Engine:2.2-litre common rail, 141PS, 321Nm. BS V ready.

Drive: Rear-wheel drive

Frame: Ladder/Body on frame

Suspension- fine tuned by Lotus

Steering - Rack n pinion and only tilt

6-7 seater ( best in class leg space in 3rd row)

Day time running LEDs come standard

ZIGWHEELS has rated it 7.5/10

exterior_front_main_1_560x420_560x420.jp

detail_headlights_main_560x420_560x420.j

exterior_rear_main_560x420_560x420.jpg

interiors_dashboard_main_560x420_560x420

shanthanreddyp2011-08-19 11:16:22

Looks decent. Dash design is also neat and clean.

Another highlight of this vehicle is " 2.2-litre common rail diesel engine which is a Daimler engine producing 140bhp".

Wanted to see the inside space especially the third row. Anyone has photo of interior ?

Looks like it will appeal to the people who do not want to buy Ford Endeavour but want big car which has decent third row space. 

Any one has link to the e-catalogue of Force One. 

The Force One is not at all bad for 10.6 .Many people are being too critical about it for being an suv with chinese body and for the lack of safety features.

All Chinese goods are not bad,they make different quality for different markets and customers . Most of the famous Apple products are from China.

The only other suv or muv at this price point that offers ABS is Safari.Most of the cars sold in India are not equipped with these safety features and the market does not demand such things,those are considered as luxury.

This thing may not succeed but it is not a bad effort at all.

Definitely looks much better now and interiors too are better. As for the pricing I dont think they can price it any lesser than 10L as it is like self-degradation. Probably they will launch a lesser trim in the future based on the response and cut the price then. Waiting to see this on road.

So the estimated road price of the car should be 11.5-12Lacs. The interiors look shockingly bad and its not much of a looker from outside either. The FE should be around 8-9 which isnt very impressive either. I am not sure there is anything about the car that would persuade me to consider it over the Scorpio. Or even the Safari.

Wanted to see the inside space especially the third row. Anyone has photo of interior ? [/Quote]

Got some pictures of the interiors.

It's a six seater version.

So it is confirmed that the last row is only for two.

ROlLr.jpg

A16Rx.jpgshanthanreddyp2011-08-19 17:08:04

As far as I know, only the Body is similar to Chinese car, the chasis was developed in house with help from Lotus. Engine is ex-Mercedes. Interiors do resemble Chinese Explorer. But yes I agree, Its priced Rs 2 lakh higher than what it is supposed to be.

I am impressed with the steering wheel and the six seater configuration which looks decent in the given colors.  The red light on the inside of the driver's door is something I have not seen in others.  The roof rails on the white car looks decent.  While the steel and chrome garnishings on the white car is OK, it looks slightly gaudy on the red car as it gives a cheap plasticky look.  Waiting for the real thing to see and do a TD. 

Some more details:

The chassis frame was designed in-house using CAD/CAM and CAE. The chassis has been welded using robots.

The body is a high tensile. High yield alloy steel frame.

The steering is a rack and pinion with power assist.

16-inch alloy wheels are standard on the vehicle.

Force One is a 7-seat vehicle with 3 forward facing rows.

Also middle row can have captain seats to make it a 6 seater.

Electronics:

Distance to empty

Real time fuel-efficiency

Gear selection indicator

etc.

Others:

Daytime LEDs are standard

Electrically controlled ORVMs

The company claims that it has a best-in-class comfort and space.

I showed the vehicle on the net to my brother who had no knowledge about the vehicle's launch.

He just saw the vehicle and said It looks nice and was impressed. But the moment you spell the price many would want to back out.

But you cant expect any vehicle with a Merc engine to come for cheap. So I think it may sell and surely find buyers. but how many will still be a big?

Force motors also does not expect to sell in high volumes though.

Personally I liked this car. This can be a true game changer for Force motors. 10.6L for a car of this size and so many features is not bad at all. This is more value for money than a scorpio or Safari. The design impressed me. 

Indeed a Good looking car with Good visible fit-n-finish levels & Force motors laborious effort clearly shows.

From the size it seems that FM have targeted Endeavour directly than Scorpio or Safari & even its pricing also reflects the same.

Just waiting for its Test Drive..

The red light on the inside of the driver's door is something I have not seen in others.??The roof rails on the white car looks decent.?

Hey its not a New feature, most of the Tata's so called Premium cars(Sierra, Estate, Safari) featured this.

This is actually a Door Open Warning light for the cars coming from behind & is actually a very beneficial feature.

Even some cars feature Red Radium tape at the base of front doors for the same reason.

At 2510 kgs I feel its over engineered for its power plant and will require at least something like Santa Fe's engine figures to do justice for the heft it has to lug around.

I don't think thats an issue. Safari 4X2 also weights around 2700 kgs churning out 140 bhp.

You are getting Endevour class car at 60% price. It is seriously not over-priced.