5u3zEr0

Some nice cars in South Africa

Here are some picture of neat cars in South Africa which I took during my visit last year. Must mention that I have never seen so many AMG's and M's anywhere else but here. A lot of sports tuned cars abound and you can always hear a exhaust on the roads. Nice place and cars are cheap! Hope you guys like the cars.

An E 500 (yes it is a E500!) and this is the first new E I ever laid my eye's on and this snap is a year old. New cars are launched there immediately.

20100713_105143_E_500_back.jpg

20100713_105237_E_500_side.jpg

An Audi A5, the first time I ever saw one:

20100713_110906_Audi_A5_side.jpg

20100713_110945_Audi_A5_back.jpg

A VW Jetta 2.0T Fsi Sportline: Spent two days in this car and it was fantastic. 200bhp, DSG, stiffened suspension, 17" rims and whoa what pull!

20100713_105854_Jetta_Front.jpg

20100713_110015_Jetta_Sportline.jpg

An E 63 AMG:

20100713_110211_E63_side.jpg

20100713_110258_E63_front.jpg

5u3zEr02010-07-13 11:10:14

Well, SA is just a namesake part of Africa. They are possibly the only fully developed country in the continent. And there is a TON of money there. Remember, Diamonds and Gold!!

And also abject poverty in the slums. The world capital of AIDS! Wish things were that rosy. The gold and diamonds went to the Anglo American Mining Company.

And also abject poverty in the slums. The world capital of AIDS! Wish things were that rosy. The gold and diamonds went to the Anglo American Mining Company.

That's horrible.

Back to the topic, what are the body styles popular in SA, subzero?

EDIT: bSportsline? When will it come here??

arkboypunk12010-07-13 12:07:54

The last time I'd been in South Africa, I was chauffeured in - none other than our good old Ford Ikon!

I was actually fascinated to see the number of Indian made cars out there, the Mahindras and Tatas... hmmm... brought the sense of national pride to me...

My driver was of Indian origin and he was amazed to know that India has grown to be one of the major automobile hubs in the world... and the very car he was driving was made in India!

Well' date=' SA is just a namesake part of Africa. They are possibly the only fully developed country in the continent. And there is a TON of money there. Remember, Diamonds and Gold!! [/quote']

Same story in Kenya esp. among Indians there.

Why do only half the Indians drive a Merc in Nairobi ? Because the rest drive Beamers.

Thanks guys and yes I am lucky, all thanks to the Almighty!

@ arkboypunk: Sedans are the most popular by far and then there is a little bit of everything SUV's, Hatches and convertibles too. By the VW Gti is quite popular there too. And about the Sportsline, though I would love to see it sold here, I don't think it will ever come to India. 99% of Indians don't give much importance to power in a car, it the FE which counts unfortunately.

There is quite a bit of poverty there and poor people abound as I saw during my drive to the country side. And not to forget, the crime rate there is incredibly high in the big cities. Anyways I loved the place and would love to settle down in Durban if given a choice!

Well i was there in 2008 & just loved the place, and yes they actually love the German sedans, many Merc's E were taxi's there. Not to forget too many Harleys i saw there, but then when it comes to Cars, i was more excited in America this year, especially the west coast i.e in Los Angeles, Las Vegas & San Francisco, they had some real good muscular's and some great wheels on the go. Will post it soon, meanwhile i would like the MODS to create a single thread for international cars pics snapped by ACIans, that would be nice or else i will have to create a new thread for it.

But if country & tourism is concerned, till now i have been to 7 countries across 4 continents but South Africa was the best & i would love to settle down or go again & again to beatiful city of Capetown, just awesome.