rssh

Scorpio M-Hawk EDIT: Now Launched

The new Scorpio with 2.2lt engine is getting released with 120bhp engine and it not eagle the alloys are Std minor face lift to exterior ,improved gear and steering mounted control for music system and less body roll .

Source :ACI dec issue.smiley2.gif

Both of these are more or less in the same category... SUV's (Sadly Unfit Vehicles). You'd get a better deal and a much better car from maybe Toyota or Honda. If you wanna sell good, your product must be top class. Mahindras and Tatas, are you guys listening?

Both of these are more or less in the same category... SUV's (Sadly Unfit Vehicles). You'd get a better deal and a much better car from maybe Toyota or Honda. If you wanna sell good' date=' your product must be top class. Mahindras and Tatas, are you guys listening?[/quote']

No mahindra or tata can reach witht he Toyotas or the Hondas , but so  far no news of Honda or toyota launching an MUV or SUV below 12 Lacs or so,

regards,
Priya

the cost advantage will help india suvs very much. but i am wondering' date=' why is tata and mahindra launching new real suvs in india (let alone mere face lifts)[/quote']

Both Mahindra and Tata are not very well known for desgin and styling too and also has not been a real success too , and when they start loosing thier sales they come out with some Cosmetic changes and give it some minor Repair of the Earlier drawback and give it a huge publicity and hence will boost thier sales for a couple of months but after that again the sales come down! may be A fully Changed and Revised edition should be launched rather than Mere Facelift

Cheerssmiley20.gif

Both of these are?more or less?in the same category... SUV's (Sadly Unfit Vehicles). You'd get a better deal and a much better car from maybe Toyota or Honda. If you wanna sell good' date=' your product must be top class. Mahindras and Tatas, are you guys listening?[/quote']

In this regard, I fully agree with you.

Both of these are more or less in the same category... SUV's (Sadly Unfit Vehicles). You'd get a better deal and a much better car from maybe Toyota or Honda. If you wanna sell good' date=' your product must be top class. Mahindras and Tatas, are you guys listening?[/quote']

In this regard, I fully agree with you.

Ha ha , yup even i agree Fully agree with you both only on this Apect smiley36.gif

regards,

priya

I'm surprised that they have detuned the engine because the older gearbox would not cope up with the extra torque.  Fair enough, but couldn't they have re-engineered the gearbox as well and given the full output of the engine?  I don't think that was an impossible feat considering the fact that they had roped in AVL for the engine and Lotus for the suspension.  Beats me, really.  If they had taken so much pains to do such extensive modifications, why lynch about the gearbox?  Seems like Mahindra was in a hurry as the Safari 2.2 L is already eating its share of the pie. 

I saw the Mahindra First at the ACI show and had mixed emotions about that.  They have done a lot but still a lot has to be done if it really wants to be a true chauffeur driven car.  I wondered if the back seat was meant only for kids.  It didn't feature head rests either.  It could do with two bucket seats or may be even massage seats which would make it really worth the trouble. 

Jitz