amiti

Hyundai i10 -- 10 months ownership review

I will try to keep it short and sweet. Exactly a year ago, I started the hunt for a new car. Based on my requirements I decided for a petrol hatch. Though I did consider ANHC automatic.

The options considered at that time (a year ago) were,

1. Skoda fabia 1.2 elegance

Car exteriors

carside3.jpg

Car exterior 2

carside4.jpg

Interiors

interior1.jpg

Leather seats

leatherseats1.jpg

Leather seats rear

leatherseat2.jpg

Odo clocked till today

odok.jpg

Gear knob

gearknob.jpg

Keyless entry

keylessq.jpg

Good ORVMS

orvm.jpg

Stereo is good for car of this size

stereos.jpg

Sunroof -- No option, but comes by default on asta version

sunroofext.jpg

Sunroof from inside of car

sunroofint.jpg

Skinny car tire -- Doesnt really go with the car. Planning for alloys of 13" and 175/70 R13 tires from michelin

skinnycartire.jpg

Weak headlamp. However using the headlamp levelling device I am able to change the focus.

weakheadlamp.jpg

That's Really the Cool looking 'i' (i10 Automatic).

Just loved the Key with Integrated Central Locking Remote & Asta Exclusive 'SunRoof'.

-For Weak Headlamps, just Opt for Phillips Xtreme power 60/55 or Osram night breakers with 60/55 power rating. They'll not requires any Modification to its Wiring & will not spoil its warranty too...

-IMO, 175/70 will become too large for it & will probably Hit its Mudguard & Fender.

Please make sure this before opting for them otherwise 165/70 is the Best Option on both Standard Steel Wheels or for Alloys too.

Thanks Doctor.

Just let me know whether I am correct  for -- Planning to go for 5.5J alloys with PCD=100 and offset=38, Keeping the same stock tires.

@amiti,

Why are you thinking of retaining the Same stock tyres, at the time of when you're suffering from its Low Grip levels.

A l'll bit upgrade to 165/70 tyres will do wonders in both Handling, Grip w/o losing on its FE & Ride comfort.

While 175/70 or 65 will deteriorate its Ride comfort & FE to the Max.

Dear Amiti

The steering ratttle is very common for i10.  I got it rectified by ASS. I think u need to put pressure on them. In some other forum, I have read that, that they even replaces  the steering column, during warranty period

krish

That's a very good figure for the automatic i10. Pune's traffic not as bad as other metros I guess.

I used to get different fuel economies depending on the time of driving as well. If you drive in off-peak hours, higher fuel economy is assured.

I have always admired this beautiful little girl. i10 looks good in silver.I am impressed with the interiors of your car.I waiting to find some time for the interiors upgrade for my car. Lets see when till be possible.

hi amit nice review, i test drove the i10 automatic, its very smooth and strongly built, I'm thinking of gifting my dad one. It'll be very easy for him to drive.

Did u get any discount on the car?Any freebies?

The mileage u've quoted is excellent, do u always drive with AC on?

The only thing i felt annoying in car was reflection of the dash onto the windscreen.