dr_nishu

Gearless Scooter ! But which One ??

We are looking for 2nd(As our previous Activa is given to my Sis, residing in Hostel) Gearless Scooter for our Intra-City/Market usage.

Needed is the Scooter with Smooth & Powerful engine alongwith Somewhat better Fuel Efficiency.

What we've Shortlisted are:

-TVS Wego.

-Honda Activa.

-HH Pleasure.

But we are trying to Stay Away from Activa, due to its Relatively low FE(Its Fuel Gauge needle goes down very Quickly in City conditions).

Please Help me to buy the best.

& Anybody who's having(or any of your Friends) any one of the Above Scooters please Share their Ownership experiences & FE of them. 
dr_nishu2010-07-22 16:29:12

Hi, I m surprised to know that your Activa is not giving good F.E. Actually F.E. of 40 Kml is fine in city condition for automatic scooter. No other scooter will give considerably more mileage than this. However new Activa is 110 cc and they have modified engine to give better F.E. than previous version. Apart from F.E., activa scores much higher in all aspects of the two wheeler and that's why it is a leader in the industry. Even if it gives bit lower mileage, it will be compensated in resale value.

Wego has to prove itself and hence it will be a big gamble. Pleasure has the same engine which is used by Activa, i.e. earlier 100 cc engine. However being lighter in weight, it may give marginally more F.E. But considering all other aspects, my vote goes to Activa. All the best.

I remember an Autocar Show where a comparison of Activa and Wego was done. The activa proved better in terms of FE when compared to Wego. That leaves only HH Pleasure.

I wont be the best person to suggest you one, as I have never used one or never been on a ride in any of these. Just heard from people that Hondas have superior engine.

Suzuki Access 125

Pros:

1. telescopic suspension

2. low height

3. powerful 125 CC engine

Cons:

1. auto start trouble

Using since last 4+ months' date=' so far ride is excellent

[/quote']

Good suggestion and I would also like to add some pros. and cons.

Pros:

Just one is enough and that it beats Activa in all dept.

Thats why it is called as Activa Killer

Cons:

Long waiting periods due to huge demand.

Activa is very good, has a really really sweet engine.

Dont go for anything else unless you are bored of it.

The other scooters which I will consider are not in this list.

They are

1. Suzuki Access

2. Mahindra Rodeo

Activa is 100% allrite in all aspects.

But Its only in the FE where I've been facing the Relative Weakness.

She gave me 33-34kmpl during 1st 200kms before her 1st Service.

But Now its Improving.

Till to date It has clocked around 500kms on her Odo.

Just one is enough and that it beats Activa in all dept.

Not Actually..

Activa's Trailing link type front Suspension is better Suited for Low-Speed or City driving, due to its Soft travel & Trailing-link in it also dampens Jerks given by Bumps or Road Undulations,

as compared to the Stiff Telescopic-type Front Shock absorbers, which directly transmits the jerks to the Driver's Shoulders, as I've felt this after driving Aviator & Activa on same roads.

I will suggest you either TVS Wego or Honda Activa.

Forget about HH Pleasure. Do a test drive and you will know why. It feels like a toy. The foot-board is too high for comfort. IMO, it is suited only for ladies having height less than 5' 2". Also the under seat compartment cannot store a normal helmet.

Not much Idea about TVS scooter though.

And if you are interested in Access, it would be a good buy, like Cyrus has pointed out.

Test Driven TVS Wego today:

It felt both Comfortable, Stable & Powerful to the Max.(the combination rarely found these days in a One pack).

Even its 110cc engine felt much Powerful & Practical than 125cc Suzuki Access & Mahindra Rodeo & 110cc Honda Activa/Aviator without losing on Fuel efficiency(50kmpl as claimed by TVS for City conditions) & also noticed Its Refinement very equal to Honda Activa/Aviator with Vibration levels even less than the latters(actually noticed after back to back driving them both).

Pricing also seems to be Good too, i.e Rs.42,850(Ex-Showroom, Punjab).

Also taken its pics there, but will post them within few days as the Cell phone

in which that were taken played Menace with its display, so sent to SE service centre.

Also at the same time bought our Kinetic Nova 115 back home from Sis's hostel & given her New Recently bought Honda Activa there.

Will post its pics tomorrow.

dr_nishu,

I would say go for TVS Wego or Activa. Since you have owned an Activa before you know the pros and cons of Activa. Based on the reviews TVS Wego is also in line with Activa in all departments. Infact Wego scores better in the ride comfort over Activa.

If I were in your place I would go for Wego because of the ride comfort.

Driven Honda Activa on Highway Yesterday for some 65-70kms with One Pillion rider of 60kgs & felt Its drive at speeds of 60-65kmph was very much Strained due to its Small tyres.

Though Aviator feels somewhat better in those conditons.

Whereas TVS Wego felt some what more Powerful & Easy moving than Activa, as Noticed in its Generous 3-4 kms TD offered by TVS. 

Even our 8-years Old Kinetic Nova 115, rides somewhat very easily than Hondas & Suzi's baby.
dr_nishu2010-07-27 16:44:30

I've planned to sell our 2002 model Red-Coloured Kinetic Nova-115cc, clocked 10000kms, Excellent condition. Pic below;

image1367.jpg

Dealer is giving Rs12k for it..

Should I go for it or ask for some more ??

Please Do Advice..

Dr,Nishu, i have just brought new Tvs Wego for my wife and can confirm you that it offers the best of both worlds, performance as well as FE.Very easy to maneuover within city traffic, good comfortable space.Confirmed its FE of 50kmpl with a friend who brought it few months back when launched and they have gone to highways trips of 80kms one way quite often without any fuss.Go ahead and buy one and you wont regret.

Also its suspention setup is very good compared to activa which we, me and wife both felt that.

@Alok;

Earlier my Sister was used to drive this & Now she's bought the New Activa.

So, Nova stands always at our Parking place{as I mostly prefer to use My Pulsar 180, Bajaj Bravo(my dad's) for my All & anytime usage} & its condition is getting Worst day by day like Discharged battery, leaking Fuel lines, Jammed forks, brake leathers, Cracking plastics, etc & don't want to Spend a penny on it as its Too Old Now(almost 9 years) for its Sustainment.