creativebala

A potential Taxi - Ritz G series CNG

IMHO, the not so successful Ritz can be made fly off shelves as Taxi?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. IMHO, the not so successful Ritz can be made fly off shelves as Taxi?

• Agree
    • Disagree
    • Neutral

1344088_f520.jpg

The not so successful Ritz can be made to fly off shelves by plonking Eeco's G-Series engine with a CNG option and some features can be stripped off, like body color bumper.

I think, this would not cost a bomb to aquire, but would be economical than our Indica D. So a best Taxi.

With the new Swift coming soon with better rear leg space, IMHO, Ritz sales would go down further, once new swift is out.

So, Ritz G Series CNG can save this car in India and make it into top10 sales chart.

MS is not going to spoil image of this family car by rolling it out for the taxi market. EECO and Omni are doing their jobs just fine.

Ritz sales are OK considering the cars that is shares showrooms with. They are nothing that would worry Maruti one bit.

If their is one thing I would want to do to Ritz is introduce the ZDI variant. That might speed up the sales. But nothing much.

Not everybody has to score. Its the team that matters.

I don't wanna see India's Best City Hatchback for families to become a Taxi.

& Also Marutis cann't bear the Sternous usage of the Taxi operators, except Omni or EEco which are especially dedicated for such purposes. 

1: The Ritz is an expensive car. No taxi-owner will buy it a much cheaper WagonR or even an alto

2: Taxi wallahs like conservative looking vehicles(but they add outrageous stickers), and they will not buy the Ritz.

Vista, Indigo, WagonR, Logan and many other cars(even Nano in future) would be a more sensible option as a Taxi than a Ritz.

Ritz won the car of the year award and is promoted, as others before me said, a family car. It does decent amount of sales (4 to 8K a month) and should in no way be bothering Maruti.

I think Ritz in diesel form is a really brilliant car and is in many ways better than the Swift, although I hate to admit that (I owned a Swift and absolutely loved it!).

I have seen many Suzuki Splashes (Ritz) here in the UK as well, some re-badged as Vauxhall Agila. Ritz has done enough and more numbers to safely declare it as a hit.

I think the Rtiz can have good taxi market because of the interior space it offers ,but taxiwalla won't buy it because the engine is bigger and the car is pricier than WagonR.

For City-Taxis,Omni or Eeco with CNG will make more sense. The Eeco with A/c costs only 3.3lakhs(with CNG, it may cost around 3.8lakhs) on-road. Hence there is not much point in Taxi operators going for a CNG Ritz, estimated at 4.9-5lakhs On-road! IMO, people will use the city taxis irrespective of if it is comfortable or not.

And for Taxis meant for long trips, sedans are the best choice!

May be a few Diesel hatchbacks like Indica, Swift, Ritz etc might also be used. But CNG hatchbacks are a big NO! With CNG tank fitted in a hatchback, there will not be any boot space left for luggage!smiley21.gif

And by the way, Ritz is very successfull here in in Kerala. I think lots of Ritz are there in Bangalore as well. Think in Tamil Nadu, Ritz was not given a warm welcome. However, in Coimbatore, TN (where I am working), I see a number of Ritz-es on the road!

Do not have much Idea about North India

Ritz looks like it doing great sales, they are everywhere on the road here in Madras. My neighbour just chose Ritz over Swift for his next car and I don't think it will ever be sold for the taxi market.

I don't wanna see India's Best City Hatchback for families to become a Taxi.

& Also Marutis cann't bear the Sternous usage of the Taxi operators' date=' except Omni or EEco which are especially dedicated for such purposes. 
[/quote']

I beg to differ, Swift, DZire, Alto and WagonR are popular taxis.

@creativebala. I don't think the Ritz is selling in too bad no.s. Even if Maruti did want to target the CNG Taxi market, they would be better off using the Estilo for such a venture.

BTW, Hasn't it ever occoured to us that a stripped down Santro with a scaled down 800cc version of the iRDE/eRLX engine can be cheap and charming enough to target the Alto?

Won't an stripped down Grande with maybe a scaled down  engine compete with the Bolero?

All these can just remain ideas to you and me. Car Manufacturers barely heed what we say.

Do not have much Idea about North India

Ritz is also doing wonders here..

Many of the Swift seekers are opting for Ritz(both petrol & diesels), as its almost readily available(except ZXi) & with somewhat discounts too..

Recently my cousin have bought Ritz ZXi(arrived a week after booking) with 25k discount & he's really enjoying it.

A week after booking? 25k discount? Was it lying in stock or fresh from the factory?

Yes it was 100% fresh & is June 2010 make.

But their deal with the Dealer was done a 1.5 month before & discount prevailing at that time was 25k, so they got the latter as compared to Presently going 15k onPetrol & 5-7k on Diesel.

I beg to differ' date=' Swift, DZire, Alto and WagonR are popular taxis.

BTW, Hasn't it ever occoured to us that a stripped down Santro with a scaled down 800cc version of the iRDE/eRLX engine can be cheap and charming enough to target the Alto?

Won't an stripped down Grande with maybe a scaled down  engine compete with the Bolero?

All these can just remain ideas to you and me.
[/quote']

-I haven't seen & heard of Swift or Dzire being a Taxi(Properly permitted by RTO Authorities & with Blue-Stripe markings) but Can't comment on some Owners who've put their dear Swift ones into the Taxi buisness w/o proper Permits, etc.

However, Alto & Wagon-R are seprate Issues, as they're used where No other options aren't quite feasible, like Diesel taxis in Himalayan Hilly reigons.

So, 'Something is better than Nothing there', so are their Taxi fares there w.r.t their Maintenance & fuel charges.

-800cc Santro is not feasible, considering its Size, weight, AC load, etc & if it would have been made, It have definitely performed very similar to Palio Stile with weak 1.1 FiRE engine with losing both on Acceleration & FE.

Even due to AC functioning, FE & Performance Issues Hyundai upgraded its Old 1.0l Epsilon engine to 1.1l Epsilon/eRLX one in its Zip Plus & Xing versions.

-Yes, Stripped down Grande can compete with Bolero, but currently Tata is not having any Engine except 2.2l VTT DiCOR for MUV/SUV's confirming to Current Refinement & BS-IV standards.

So, no other options, also due to Business reasons.

-However, your Ideas are Good, as these are the 1st Step towards the Growth/Development but Practicality is the limiting factor which matters & Over-rules the most in Actual-life.

Gud luck..smiley20.gif
dr_nishu2010-07-24 19:51:15

There are quite a lot of Swifts running legally as taxis with tourist permits, in fact Hertz rent-a-car and many other airport rental services have them. Jithesh2010-07-24 21:20:32

I beg to differ' date=' Swift, DZire, Alto and WagonR are popular taxis.

All these can just remain ideas to you and me.

[/quote']

-I haven't seen & heard of Swift or Dzire being a Taxi(Properly permitted by RTO Authorities & with Blue-Stripe markings) but Can't comment on some Owners who've put their dear Swift ones into the Taxi buisness w/o proper Permits, etc.

However, Alto & Wagon-R are seprate Issues, as they're used where No other options aren't quite feasible, like Diesel taxis in Himalayan Hilly reigons.

So, 'Something is better than Nothing there', so are their Taxi fares there w.r.t their Maintenance & fuel charges.

-800cc Santro is not feasible, considering its Size, weight, AC load, etc & if it would have been made, It have definitely performed very similar to Palio Stile with weak 1.1 FiRE engine with losing both on Acceleration & FE.

Even due to AC functioning, FE & Performance Issues Hyundai upgraded its Old 1.0l Epsilon engine to 1.1l Epsilon/eRLX one in its Zip Plus & Xing versions.

-Yes, Stripped down Grande can compete with Bolero, but currently Tata is not having any Engine except 2.2l VTT DiCOR for MUV/SUV's confirming to Current Refinement & BS-IV standards.

So, no other options, also due to Business reasons.

-However, your Ideas are Good, as these are the 1st Step towards the Growth/Development but Practicality is the limiting factor which matters & Over-rules the most in Actual-life.

Gud luck..smiley20.gif

Plenty of DZire and Swift Taxis are on hire in Bangalore. Check this:

http://greenscarhire.com/Bangalore%20To%20Outstation%20Tariff.html

Permits are also legal. DZires aer part of the Tourism Department call taxi fleet in BAngy.

Altos and WagonR are used as black +yellow taxis in mumbai. I've seen some in Bangy also.

Actually What a Taxi needs?

Cheap to buy/ run/ maintain' date=' comfortable seating, good space for lugguage.

IMHO, the Ritz i mentioned would tick all.
[/quote']

Ritz lacks a usable boot.

arkboypunk12010-07-25 05:30:54

Are we discussing about the broader taxi market or the rent a car taxi service ? smiley5.gif

All diesels have commercial plates. I have seen Merc E class CDi and BMW 320d as taxi as well as ford fiesta, SX4, Lancer and even the mighty BMW 7 series as taxi. Does that mean these cars are meant for taxi service?

For the broader market cheap price tag is equally important along with cheaper running cost. Cars like Ambassador, Indica , logan and Indigo does the job fine enough, so that Ritz and others are not considered.

A few flying here and there is not considered as taxi image

@Bala, i hope you are talking about Ritz as city cabs, Ritz as Highway taxi is a big NO.

For city, yes its good choice but why would Maruti plonk in the different engine, it would certainly increase the costs, right?

Instead Eeco is a better option, but Tata's are certainly made for Taxi's, they are comfortable, spacious, rough & tough, & our Taxiwala's are OK with Tata's i guess. Vista safire makes more sense than a Ritz to me, its more stable too.

And if with a little more budget, nothing to beat Logan, its the best car for commuting purpose if its maintenance costs arent too high which is heard somewhere.

My opinion, Vista better than Ritz as Taxi.

If it has to be tallboy or Maruti, it should be Eeco or a cheaper all new WagonR.

My opinion' date=' Vista better than Ritz as Taxi.

If it has to be tallboy or Maruti, it should be Eeco or a cheaper all new WagonR.[/quote']

The slow-selling Estilo would be a better alternative, and would benefit Maruti.

If it has to be tallboy or Maruti, it should be Eeco or a cheaper all new WagonR.[/quote']The slow-selling Estilo would be a better alternative, and would benefit Maruti.

Oh-no, please, why Estilo. Its not comfortable, not spacious, not enough boot space, nothing. The basic thing a Taxi should have is lots of 1.space & comfort, 2.low running cost & 3.reliability.

the 1st point is of utmost importance.

If it has to be tallboy or Maruti, it should be Eeco or a cheaper all new WagonR.[/quote']The slow-selling Estilo would be a better alternative, and would benefit Maruti.

Oh-no, please, why Estilo. Its not comfortable, not spacious, not enough boot space, nothing. The basic thing a Taxi should have is lots of 1.space & comfort, 2.low running cost & 3.reliability.

the 1st point is of utmost importance.

I believe the boot space of the Estilo is on par with the new wagon-r's.

Eeco is the ideal taxi, I agree, but defiantly, not just definitely not the ritz.

Almost everyone except 2 guys think so.

arkboypunk12010-07-26 17:11:16