charan911

VW Golf Spy Pics

I dont think the Golf will make it to India since the Jetta is already here. And Jetta is nothing but a boot attached to the Golf. Even if it is launched it wont see a price tag of less than 10Lacs which pretty much makes it a disaster waiting to happen. Probably meant for export and just being tested.

even i'm little sceptical about it's launch but there's an unexplored area of "luxurious hatch". the best we have is the Honda Jazz! and then Fiat 500 and the VW beetle are poor performers! Do we have any performance Hatch? i guess there may be many people wanting a reliable, safe and good performing hatch with a budget of 10-14 lacs!

even i'm little sceptical about it's launch but there's an unexplored area of "luxurious hatch". the best we have is the Honda Jazz! and then Fiat?500 and the VW beetle are poor performers! Do we have any performance Hatch? i guess there may be many people wanting a reliable' date=' safe and good performing hatch with a budget of 10-14 lacs! [/quote'] Yes, there is an unexplored area, but i dont people will be willing to spend this kinda on GOLF...

Maybe on A-class, A1, 1series, etc...

This might be just for testing purpose, also companies prefer to have few cars at their factories even if they are not for sale purpose, to test it or to give it to their bosses or for any other purpose.bluesapphire2010-07-26 10:49:39

I dont think the Golf will make it to India since the Jetta is already here. And Jetta is nothing but a boot attached to the Golf. Even if it is launched it wont see a price tag of less than 10Lacs which pretty much makes it a disaster waiting to happen. Probably meant for export and just being tested.

Why would VW test a car that has been already on sale since years.

And a new Golf is coming soon,so why test the old one?

Golf is coming to India, that would be great. And jetta is actually the last generation golf with a boot. Mark 6 golf, the latest one is a different story all together. Or else how about giving jetta a facelift?

Golf is coming to India' date=' that would be great.

Or else how about giving jetta a facelift?[/quote']

Golf might not come to India, due to Poor demand of SuperHatchbacks in India, even was also Intended to launch their Bravo here, but shelved its plans after Feasibility Studies.

While new Jetta will may come by Upcoming Year or so, probably.  

new jetta' date=' just saw it in todays TOI. Looked somewhat like the vento or did the guyz at the newspaper mix the two up?[/quote']

Its not the TOI error.

Actually, both the Jetta 2011 & Vento looks Quite Similar with Minimal differences, even both actually looks like Scaled versions of each other(can be compared in the pics below with Vento on Right & New Jetta 2011 on the left);

vwjetta20111.jpgimg99352.jpg

When is this car expected ? Im looking foward to this..

Jetta shown in the previous Post is coming by 2nd Quarter FY2011. But its Worth the wait..

But VW isn't having any plans for launching the Golf in India, due to very Scanty demand for this Sized hatchbacks in India.
dr_nishu2010-12-07 19:10:38