vinay

advice on used car

I am interested in an imported ford mondeo offered in an local news paper in bangalore it has the following specs - 95 ford mondeo turbo disel, imported in 2000 kerala registration , 71000kms done he says it gives an averge of 13 in the city and17 on the highway , i need your advice as to what are the things i should look for in the vehicle? and would th maintainance of the vehicle be affordable? and would it be worth buying ?

I am interested in an imported ford mondeo offered in an local news paper in bangalore it has the following specs - 95 ford mondeo turbo disel' date=' imported in 2000 kerala registration , 71000kms done he says it gives an averge of 13 in the city and17 on the highway , i need your advice as to what are the things i should look for in the vehicle? and would th maintainance of the vehicle be affordable? and would it be worth buying ?[/quote']

I think it will be better if you buy an Imported Honda Accord or the camry rather than buying a FORD MONDEO , the Fords are very expenisve in Maintenence and Spare parts.

You might get spares here due to the Mondeo still being on sale here, but they are indeed very expensive.  My cousin sold his Ikon for the same reason in spite of it being a very good car.  He said that one ignition coil cost him a whopping 30k!

Otherwise Mondeo is a very reputed car internationally and has won many prestigious awards.  Its only unfortunate that it hasn't been popular in India.

Jitz

Yeah the Mondeo was a flop here. I have seen these moving majestically on the German streets and the few Indian ones that were sold were imported  from Germany. Getting spares will be a big problem. Its a white elephant as far as repairs and spares are concerned. As far as the resale value goes, such cars depreciate very, very fast and in a few years it may be available for  around a lakh rupees or so, with no  buyers in sight.

My mechanic bought a Rover Montego (diesel) for Rs 1.1 lakhs very recently in Mumbai. This car cost Rs 10 lakhs a decade back and was the costliest car sold in India. But my mechanic is having fun with it and says he can fabricate many spares for this car.

I am interested in an imported ford mondeo offered in an local news paper in bangalore it has the following specs - 95 ford mondeo turbo disel' date=' imported in 2000 kerala registration , 71000kms done he says it gives an averge of 13 in the city and17 on the highway , i need your advice as to what are the things i should look for in the vehicle? and would th maintainance of the vehicle be affordable? and would it be worth buying ?[/quote']

I think it will be better if you buy an Imported Honda Accord or the camry rather than buying a FORD MONDEO , the Fords are very expenisve in Maintenence and Spare parts.

As MND says the Ford doesnot have Reliability and its always advisable to stay away from it where as the Honda and Toyota cars are very good even after many years and think you should go with honda or toyota

Regards,

Priya

Yep, dude. Though the Mondeo's a pretty good car, there's more meat from other contenders in the same segment like the Accord or the Camry. Go for any used one. But if you want to appear distinct, go for the Mondeo, but make sure everything is in order with the car. Or else, you'll end up paying heavily for 'em, and regret why you ever bit off more than you could chew.

I remember there was a survey in ACI regards, service costs of the premium cars. Ford Mondeo and the C- Class were very close as far as spares go 'cause it was an CBU import. Now, thats bad news isn't it. So stay away from the car. What do you say FRG, am I right?