Sign in to follow this  
maverick786us

Need Suggestion

I have a Dzire VDI which has got

1) Onboard Music System and

2) Onboard Central Locking

Now what I am looking for is

1) USB support for the Music system

2) Wanna add some extra bass. Since Woofer might affect the trunk space so what would you like to suggest? A bass tube or some high end speaker that can produce the bass and loudness equivalent to a woofer?

3) The central locking looks OK, but I want to add an extra feature in which the windshield closes while pressing the locking button. Do I have to change the entire central locking or just an addition of chip can change it?

Thanks in Advance

3) The central locking looks OK' date=' but I want to add an extra feature in which the windshield closes while pressing the locking button. Do I have to change the entire central locking or just an addition of chip can change it?

Thanks in Advance
[/quote']Pardon me, but the windshield closes?  Did you mean you want driver side window to close?

I am clueless about the existence of such kind of central locking.

Coming to the ICE part, Dzire on board Head Unit can be easily replaced with other 1Din or 2Din HU. But I would not recommend that if your car is within the Warranty period.

A bass tube or a Woofer takes up too much space and adds weight. So I would rather recommend a 6speaker setup with front components of Kevlar materials, a set of rear door speakers and two rear 6X9 3 or 4 way coaxials with PP or Al cone, which are better in terms of bass compared to conventional paper cone speakers. You need an Amplifier too. But it cannot replace the bass of a woofer honestly. But that is the most you  can do if you want it without a woofer or bass tube.

Try to give an approximate budget for your ICE. That might just help all to select the best option for you.

Within 15k you will not get a good setup with woofers. So you have to stick to speakers setup. A six speaker setup with a USB head unit and Amplifier can be done I guess. But it will not be of the top of the line product.

Is your car out of warranty ? How old is it ?

Go for a premium 6*9 at the back with a wooden plonk.

Why will he need a wooden plonk for a Sedan ? It has one fiber board by default

I guess spending around 10k-11k can get you a good six speaker setup. Or go for front components and premium rear ovals, with a good amplifier. Both setup can be managed within 11k.

Since Dzire's Stock Music System comes with Aux-In port, so why look for Expensive USB-Port Cables or anything else, Instead buy One Base model/Cheapest I-Pod(say 2 or 4GB), Use it for Storing your favourite & needed Audio Tracks & just Plug & Play in that Awesome looking Flush fitting Music System.

For Speakers: Dzire already comes with 4-Speakers Setup(1 in each front door & 2 at the Rear Shelf), but is having Provision for the Rear doors also(In sum total it's having 6-Speakers setup option)

So, Get some Good Quality & Branded speakers for Front(JBL or Xplod or Kenwood) & move the Original Front Speakers to the Rear Doors & also Replace the Rear Shelf's speakers with the Branded Oval Speakers of around 400 Watts PMPO.

By this method you'll probably get One of the Best Sounding system at price of around 5-7k(for whole modifications) & make your 'Car Rocking' w/o Installing the Amplifier.

You can also ask the Accessory Dealer for Prior to fitting Demo for Trail & Satisfaction too. smiley20.gif
dr_nishu2010-08-02 19:27:20