Sign in to follow this  
ishanb1

no BEAT to compare?

I was going through hatchback's comparison in current August issue of ACI and was shocked to know that BEAT was not there in comparison. I think it's a very potential car though I doesn't own it and I am waiting for its diesel version.   

What's your take??

I was going through hatchback's comparison in current August issue of ACI and was shocked to know that BEAT was not there in comparison.

[/quote']

I understand  that the beat was not included, but nor was the i10 Kappa.I too was intrigued, but ACI probably doesn't consider the i10 and Beat as premium hatches. The beat is much cheaper than your average premium hatch, say the i20 and offers less interior. The i10 was probably left out becuase of its bigger brother , the i20.

Note: Please refrain from using dark fonts and sizes while posting, as it can cause inconvenience to the members.  Use these only while highlighting text, as in  here.

ACI Ommited the Beat from that Mega Shootout, due to its Relatively Smaller Size, Proportions & Price positioning & Is Included in the New Wagon-R & i10 1.2 kappa category.

Ford Figo is though an Bridge in between these Categories, due to Segment Interfering Low-Price Tag & is included in both the categories of Budget Premium & Executive Hatchback Segment. 

Would we see beat diesel in coming months?

Its coming soon, probably by the 1st Quarter of Year2011 & will be powered by the

3-cylinder 1.0l version of 4-cylinder 1.3l Fiat's Multijet Diesel engine, powering Swift/Ritz, Indica Vista, Punto, etc.  

By the Way its LPG version coming earlier than that & it'll be probably out by the End of this Year.

dr_nishu2010-08-03 13:23:00

Even if it were included' date=' it would have finished last.

It lags behind in every department(INCLUDING styling)[/quote']act the

I beg to differ. Though I personally don't like the looks of the Beat, most people who just love the looks.

In fact the people at ACI too are all in praise for the Beat's styling.

It is one of the class leaders in the plastic quality 'department'. Another point where it strikes the hot iron is that it is absolutely VFM. So  one can't say that it lags behind in every department, and definitely not on the styling front.

arkboypunk12010-08-03 15:53:05

Beat belongs to A*, Wagon R & i10's segment where the Beat score over the rest in many depts, to name a few,

Best Exteriors, Suspension, Highway Stability, Cheap maintainance for 3 yrs, segment first Diesel(soon), sequential injection LPG(soon)

I am not ACI's puppet that I blindly follow what they say.

The styling is crap and looks are a personal choice.

Somewhat agree with Nishu but it should have been included as it is a 1.2litre car and is with the same league as the others.

Indeed Beat has some weaker areas but then no car is just perfect.

I am not ACI's puppet that I blindly follow what they say.

The styling is crap and looks are a personal choice.

Look' date=' I know (rather guessed) you are not ACI's 'puppet', but mind you, I was contradicting what you said.

This is what you said-

Even if it were included, it would have finished last.

It lags behind in every department(INCLUDING styling)

You say the Beat will lag behind in terms of styling and all departments

Now look at what I said-

I say, the people at ACI are all in praise for the Beat's styling, VFM and interior quality. In such a scenario, how is the Beat going to be given poor ratings in an ACI test, when the people at ACI feel it has an edge over some models in some spheres?

Eg- If the Beat was in the test, ACI would've most definitely rated it ahead of the Maruti brothers, Indica Vista and Grande Punto in terms of interior quality.

So there is non saying if or if not the Beat would  come last in such a test by ACI.

Lastly, about the so called 'crappy' styling, please read my 2nd  post again.

Posting Pictures

You can use services like imageshack.us to post pictures on the forum. Kindly use thumbnails as not all users have broadband.

1. Go to imageshack.us.

2. Use the browse button to select the photo.

3. Check option to resize, use resize 320x240(for websites and email)

4. Click on Upload.

5. After uploading, you will get a set of links. Use the last link - Direct Link To Image.

6. Copy the link and paste in your post with the tag.

7. It should be entered as follows (remove the space in img and **) [ img ]**Direct Link To Image From Imageshack**[ /img ]