shanthanreddyp

NEW TVS WEGO...How good is it?

Am planning to buy gearless scooter for my wife.

Trying to figure out wihch one.

Somewhat did not like all but put up my a short list for

Honda Active, HH pleasure, Mahindra Rodeo, Suzuke Acess & TVS Wego

Has anyone test driven the TVS WEGO.

I am inclined more for TVS, coz i have a TVS Victor bought in Nov 2001 (Amongst the first lots (First lot launched in Aug 2001) and has won my heart and it has clocked One lakh KMS (1,08,6XX) and has never let me stranded or troubled me till date. have over hauled engine at 65K Kms.

About the Wego

It looks good. I feel it looks better than the Activa.

Anyone to Compare and Comment.

TVS Wego is the new benchmark in gearless scoter market and is a real VFM you can go for it eyes closed .

The activa is a good allrounder but the Wego takes it a futher ahead and at the same price it is more dynamic and the one to go for.

I second what RSSH said.

I feel the WEGO is the perfect scooter in the market today. If I am in your place, I would buy a Wego with out a doubt. It looks cool, its silent, OK mileage, telescopic forks and for its highspeed stability, TVS ha done something.

Today have been to thr Honda Showroom.

They are not taking any new bookings for the Activa

Aviator commands 60 days waiting

Wego too faces a 60 days waiting here

Acess too has a waiting for about 20 days

and event the mahindra Rodeo has a waiting for 30 days (but salesman says he'll get it for me in 10-12 days)

Hi 

shanthanreddyp, i bought Tvs wego last week(2/08/10), Itz cost me around 51,000 Rs. on road, i and my frendz tested it, it was splendid ,only pblm was fuel consumption.

@Jesso,

So you're using both HH Pleasure & TVS Wego !

Your Wego is delivering Low Fuel efficiency(FE), just as it's New & in under Run-In Condition & will definitely Improve as you clock more & more Kms on it, expect that after 1st 500kms.

By the way what's the FE your'e getting from it now ??

I too had been to the showroom to check out Wego. Was really impressed with the design, looks and tyres. Felt that the tyres are taller than its counterparts. Due to non-availability of stock, dealer was not accepting any bookings smiley21.gif Need to wait for @ 15 days or should check out another dealer.

Wego - although new, has breached the booking limit of Honda Activa and now its more than 60 days here and Activa (new edition that was recently launched) is available in 45 days.

Initially I was skeptical about TVS Wego going by the sales of the motorbikes of TVS, but now, the numbers speak for themselves.

close your eyes and go for wego, brought one two days back for my wife, and can confirm you that its a perfect balanced ride for them.Me being 6"1', wife and our 4 years old daughter could find our space pretty comfortably on wego, has enought storage space and good silent engine with new balance technology which does let you feel lighter on the vehicle, has good suspension setup.

11868d1287215940t-unisex-new-mantra-boug  

11870d1287215940t-unisex-new-mantra-boug  

posting a few pictures of our new Wego.

@thackervijay;

Congrats for buying the New Wego, please post her more of the Ownership review later on.

@c.bala;

TVS is a TN-based company & I'm really Surprised that Why Wego isn't launched still there !

The reason could be production constraint,

@south, some people blindly go behind TVS, so if launched, it would fly off shelves, so TVS doesn't want people to wait for months to enjoy it.

Another reason could be, scooty a very big hit here, may be in North, Activa rules, so TVS doesn't want to cannibalize scooty's nos.

It's a mind boggling vehicle. I have test driven it about a week back but did not update. The vehicle has a perfect balance. I have driven the Kinetic Honda and the Activa of a friend.

I loved this one. & I'll buy one soon.

But the waiting list here is nearly a month. I'll try other routes to catch one.

It's a mind boggling vehicle. I have test driven it about a week back but did not update. The vehicle has a perfect balance. I have driven the Kinetic Honda and the Activa of a friend.
I loved this one. & I'll buy one soon.
But the waiting list here is nearly a month. I'll try other routes to catch one.

well the reason for the waitlist is probably due to festive season where every dealer want to enjoy more funds by not giving deliveries even though available.This is general way of every dealers of any make.

Here its one month as well for black colour and 20 days for others from the dealer i brought and 3-4 months from other dealers.