riteshzen

Bajaj Discover 150 vs CB twister

Hey Guys,

I am planning to buy a bike this month and I have shortlisted Discover 150 and Honda CB twister as per my requirements. I want style but I don't want to compromise upon reliability, durability and power. Which one should I go for?

Well discover 150 is not much a stylish bike. If you want something stylish, Honda twister, Yamaha FZ-S and Pulsar 135LS are the bikes for you.

Hondas and Yamahas are the best when it comes to durability. 

But what about maintenance? I have heared that maintenance of Honda and Yamaha are costlier. Is this true? All my friends having discover have very good experience regarding bajaj's service and durability

I want style but I don't want to compromise upon reliability' date=' durability and power. Which one should I go for? [/quote']

Yamaha SZ, nothing else close to it.

Is SZ already out in the market? No details are there on yamaha website. Also, I found initial reviews of discover very good.

No details are there on yamaha website.

Here it is..

Yamaha SZ clearly seems to be an Upmarket & Refined package as compared to Bajaj Discover 150

& Honda Twister is a 2-segment below to them.

No doubt Bajaj's are pretty Reliable but the Yamahas & Honda's clearly have the Edge in Product Quality, Refinement.

Okay.. my friends and relatives had bad experience with yamaha.

Yes may be, the yamaha bikes(YBX, YBR, Old-Fazer, etc)in the previous decades are not actually upto the Mark & was only the Attempts by Yamaha Motor India Ltd for their Survival not for customers/bikers.

New FZ-based Yamahas are Pretty Frugal, Refined, Reliable & are even better built than Hondas bikes.

Pulsar 135 is a good bike but is a Bit costly as compared to Discover 150, Yamaha SZ, etc

the yamaha bikes(YBX' date=' YBR, Old-Fazer, etc)in the previous decades are not actually upto the Mark

[/quote']

YBX & Old Twin eyed Fazers are good bikes, but like Fiat, it has been attached with Poor FE Image initially. One of my close friend is still using the Fazer with no problem. Its a pleasure driving it.

w.r.to YBX, its the one model I loved most. It may be a flop at many part of India, but I got shocked once in Tirupati few yrs before wen I saw, almost the third bike is an YBX. Actually this YBX is the second best looker after RX.
creativebala2010-08-09 04:59:15

Apart from you people over internet, everyone I personally know has been saying that yamaha is not good in terms of its maintenance. You don't get on the road maintenance for yamaha at every mechanic, and you need some special mechanics for a yamaha. Many times, only Yamaha service works. Apart from that, the spares are costly as well. Is this all true?

Apart from you people over internet' date=' everyone I personally know has been saying that yamaha is not good in terms of its maintenance. You don't get on the road maintenance for yamaha at every mechanic, and you need some special mechanics for a yamaha. Many times, only Yamaha service works. Apart from that, the spares are costly as well. Is this all true?[/quote']

If you ask the person who says the above, he would say nothing like a Splendor/ Passion. I can say, the Yamaha will be Much more reliable than your Bajaj prospect. From the looks, price, performance one can easily say SZ will be a hit, so no problem on Spares too. If you are going to use this bike for the next 20-30Yrs, don't buy a Yamaha or Bajaj, go for Enfield.

Yes, spares are costlier than others. It is true, but cannot digest that repair and maintenance part.

The Pulsar 135LS is very balanced bike with everything blended into one. If you like the looks you can go for it. It has also won "Bike of the year award" I guess. 

I am going for my first bike. As an engineer,I can see from specifications of SZ that yamaha is the best bet,and my personal viewpoint about yamaha is that this world class company xcls in quality. But since the last decision wud be of my dad's, he will go with bajaj only (Hamara bajaj really clicked at that time). Don't want to bet my money on a newer bike that has not been tested by indian people. No offence to yamaha lovers, Its the best although!