aadisriram

Pulsar 150 refuel

Hey ! this is my first post, something weird happened today. I own a pulsar 150cc the new edition bought in may, yest my bike went into reserve and i rode around 30 km with that and then today when i refuelled full tank it filled 17 litres !!! is that possible ?

It could also be that the fuel station that you went to has a wrongly calibrated machine. So in effect you may have say filled fourteen litres but the reading on the machine could be seventeen. That is how a lot of fuel stations make some extra money.

@ aadisriram

No need to worry. Pulsar has the biggest fuel tank amongst all the bikes available. I've seen a couple of times my friend filling close to 18 liters. The reserve capacity of Pulsar is close to 3 liters combining both usable and non-usable capacity.

@aadisriram,

These figures are actually written in its Owner's Manual & Out of 2-litres Reserve -1.4 or 1.5 litres is the usable Reserve while 0.5-0.6l is Dead Non-Useable Reserve.

But this filling difference I've also noticed in mine Pulsar also, as  as per Bajaj its capacity is 15 litres only but it can easily Fills 17-18 litres of Petrol may be due to its Faulty Internal Fuel Tank Capacity Reduction partition, as Originally Its Tank was designed to Store >18litres of Fuel(not due to the Problem with Fuel stations too as sadsack quoted).
dr_nishu2010-08-08 11:21:02

Hi, I own a Pulsar 150 for past 4 years. Although it can accomodate 18 litres of fuel, it is reccomended you don't fill your bike fuel tank to full capacity. There are two downsides to this:

1. It makes the bike havey to ride.

2. Some of the fuel evaporates and gets wasted.

Best practice is to fill upto 8 liters of fuel at a time. And as Pulsar returns good economy, it can last for good one week, even if you ride a lot. smiley1.gif

yes it can accomodate that amount of fuel....but remember whenever your tank is completely empty..then fill atleast 2litres of petrol....... if not then it takes given amount of fuel into reserve and the bike woulnot be able to start.