pryas

need sugestion on FUEL

Hey guys , we have been using oridnary Petrol in our Civic and our civic is around 6 months old , wanted to know if we can fill 91 octane Fuel next time and will there be some affect on the car and milage? please Let me know your kind suggestions

regards

Priya

The additives keep the critical fuel system parts clean, here an ounce of prevention will save you good money in long run, not to mention a clean fuel system means optimum performance and mileage and long life for your engine.

well my experience with these higher octane fuels has been good.especially in high compression engines.

For instance.when used in palio 1.6, the engine is more smoother,more powerful and getting better fuel efficiency too!

With 91 octane fuel, fuel efficiency goes up by 1-1.3 kms on palio!

i Know its good But from the Begining we have been using the Ordinary Petrol and will there be any bad affect if i start using the Xtra Premium or the Speed 91 Octane petrol??

Regards,

priya

none at all................use it and see the difference!

even now.when 91 octane is not available....regular fuel is used. the difference becomes evident then!

Thank You very muh guys i will start using the 91 Octane Petrol from my nxt refilling

Regards,

priya

well my experience with these higher octane fuels has been good.especially in high compression engines.For instance.when used in palio 1.6' date=' the engine is more smoother,more powerful and getting better fuel efficiency too!With 91 octane fuel, fuel efficiency goes up by 1-1.3 kms on palio!

[/quote']

All Euro III fuel is 91ON! So it is the additives.

All Euro III fuel is 91ON! So it is the additives.

well........i didnt know that

is the fuel available in rural india also euro III now(i.e.91 octane)? i m not talking of metros here

You have to check this one out. EuroIII is mandatory in most mini-metros as well. In other areas please check since it is possible that the petrol firm may be supplying EuroIII only, not bothering to stock EuroII any more. Reliance may even be EuroIV.

Hey guys ' date=' we have been using oridnary Petrol in our Civic and our civic is around 6 months old , wanted to know if we can fill 91 octane Fuel next time and will there be some affect on the car and milage? please Let me know your kind suggestions

regards

Priya
[/quote']

Its ok you can fill the better 91 Octaned Petrol and its Better than Ordinary and priced a re higher , and this wont affect your Performance of the car or Spoil your milage too

Cheerssmiley20.gif

Even 93 is available as the Porsche Turbo uses it and is sold in Mumbai and Delhi as they are available with this fuel.

But dude here in Mangalore we only get the 91 octaned Xtra Permuim and Speed Petrol

Cheerssmiley20.gif

Hi Priya,

here is the simple theory behind octane numbers --

"Petrol's octane rating is a measurement of the fuel's ability to resist engine knocking. Knock occurs when the fuel-air mix in the cylinder explodes instead of burning in a controlled way. This shockwave moves within the combustion chamber, and creates a metallic 'pinging' sound.
Thus an octane rating is often referred to as an 'anti-knock index'. If fuel has a high octane number, it will have a higher resistance to engine knocking."

So to answer your question, it won impact engine if you upgrade and start using high octane petrol... only point i wld suggest is make sure you are almost empty when change fuel octane...

Cheers,

Mixing lower and higher octane fuels will only result in an intermediate figure. Remember most pumps abroad with octane selection (more common in the leaded days) simply mixed the lowest and highest octane fuel to deliver the requisite octane level. Also, modern engines often have an knock-sensor and will happily run on a lower octane, with a corresponding compromise on performance.

With 97ON costing a fortune more than 91ON as long as your engine does not complain you should be able to get away with 91ON in most normal cars.

Using lower octane fuel in high performance engines specially during summer will make the knock sensors in those retard the timing thereby reducing your performance, so its always a good idea to go higher on RON except that only modded cars can take full advantage of 97ON, 91-93 is fine for regular cars.