gauravsimply4u

LAURA AMBIENT OR CIVIC ?

Helloo friends, i need some advice..my friend is looking for D segment car..he has short listed Civic n Laura Ambient..He is looking for power, performance n high speed stability.. fuel efficiency is not a concern but he is looking for low maintenance.. so please advicesmiley1.gif

hey priya' date=' thanx 4 the reply..can u tell me the bout high speed performance of civic and whats the top speed it can touch ? [/quote']

It depends on driving skill , my bro takes it zooming above 125 Kmph i feel the civic has got the Build to Last Feeling , and way better than Laura

Regards,

Priya

i think civic should touch the top speed of around 190 kmph very comfortably..By the way what mileage do u get in city traffic conditions and on highways? 

get around 9- 10 in city and around 12-14 in highway  , figures are aprox as my bro or dad gets refilled , and they say they get around that much

Regards,

Priya

i think the mileage is good enough..when it comes to styling n interior' date=' civic is way ahead than laura and it can even compete with higher segments cars.. [/quote']

Yup soo it will be an easy choice - CIVIC

regards,

priya

hows steering feel of the civic? is that too light like city? cause on highway well weighted and direct steering offers  much  driving confidence..

the steering confidence is aboslutely great! and everything is just Fine , bu the Ground clearence has been slightly an issue when in very bad roads

Regards,

Priya

but in these years the road quality is improving and in near future also we expect better roads.i dont think there wud be much difference in ground clearance between laura n civic..

Actually i have no idea about the Ground clearence of Laura , so i ont know how this car fares in bad roads , but civic is overall performar and great Car to Own

BETTER CIVIC than REGRET

Regards,

priya

The question itself is a no brainer: Honda Civic's the answer. No Skoda can match a Honda. Civic's a refined petrol and Skoda's a noisy underpowered diesel. Minus the toys Skoda's not worth it. For buying the Skoda your friend can buy an Accord, with a slight stretch in his budget. Durango Dude2007-11-24 23:09:57

Folks, please check out www.mylemonvw.com all accounts of pending cases against VW and its severe reliability issues. VW is rated way down the ladder in CR reports, Hyundai is rated above VW and Audi so make your decision wisely. Lastly, no comparison between the car that sells itself ie Honda and a VW clone made in Eastern Europe.

the civic would be my choice if i wanted styling. but, the fuel economy is bad and i would rather buy a laura ambiente than a civic. it's so frustrating to have to keep having to go to the petrol bunk

YUP Gaurav everybody says CIVIC and it would be silly if your friend would go for Laura , now what are you waiting for PUSH your friend rightaway for the True Beatuy of a car - CIVIC

Regards,

Priya

Hello friends, even i am evaluating Laura ambiente vs Civic. I agree with most comments posted on the columns and also since qty of run everyday being small, i am not too concerned with the lower fuel efficiency of CIVIC. However safety features of Skoda outweigh those of CIVIC. But hearing some comments on high maintenance cost of Laura Ambiente need some advise from experienced car owners.

Thanks

Civic will be the instinctive choice, and with a relatively short run every day should be the only choice. I believe it too comes with ABS and Airbags. So safety wise should be Ok. Side impact beams etc.are standard in this segment (and rapidly in even lower segments).The Civic is arguably the best car in the 15L segment, with the Laura coming in only for people travelling 25,000km+ per annum. Honda service also has a great reputation.

You have the two front runners on your radar, and the better refinement makes the Civic the obvious choice. However, you are not likely to go wrong with the Laura either except for the higher NVH and maintenance issues.

sgiitk2008-02-08 06:16:48