Sign in to follow this  
sarabjeet

Merc C220 Cdi or BMW 330D

its been a week since i have sold my Pajero and today have T'Ded C200 CGI n C220 Cdi avantgarde have to take TD of the 3 series now including 330D and then will decide which way to go

PS: who say's CGI n TSI are fuel efficient, got the inside story max u'll get in bombay traffic is 5-6 kmpl
sarabjeet2010-08-09 09:55:36

its been a week since i have sold my Pajero and today have T'Ded C200 CGI n C220 Cdi avantgarde have to take TD of the 3 series now including 330D and then will decide which way to go

?

PS: who say's CGI n TSI are fuel efficient' date=' got the inside story max u'll get in bombay traffic is 5-6 kmpl
[/quote'] I know that you like changing cars quite frequently than most of us but changing brand new cars so frequently considering the cheque amount & depreciation is task of daring.

Anyways i have read before that you dont like the new C anymore if my memory serves right so why are you considering it now.

Also do consider the A4 TFSI or TDi, to me its one hell of car especially in RED. If your budget is around 35-40lacs you can also consider Volvo S80, its a segment higher but is priced just above the entry luxuries.

I know that you like changing cars quite frequently than most of us but changing brand new cars so frequently considering the cheque amount & depreciation is task of daring.
Anyways i have read before that you dont like the new C anymore if my memory serves right so why are you considering it now.
Also do consider the A4 TFSI or TDi' date=' to me its one hell of car especially in RED. If your budget is around 35-40lacs you can also consider Volvo S80, its a segment higher but is priced just above the entry luxuries.[/quote']

Audi is stright away out due too poor A.S.S and non availability of parts.

Actually dads titled towards Merc and we want 2 cars so was thinking about buying both 3series and C class corporate edition

But today autohanger give me an offer of 5 lakh discount of C220 CDI avantigarde hence it has put me in a tight situation.

Would have gone for X6 or something but since we want two cars we are thinking about entry level sedans .On the other side we have an option of second hand C220 cdi and 3series both are available at 17.50 and 2007 mfg & registered.

so now confused smiley5.gif don't know which way to go .

None of the sub 25 lakhs SUV's excite me , want diesel only had captiva , pajero , endevour and X-trail and don't like Fortuner so i am left with no choice and cannot wait for X1 since BMW themselves aren't commenting on its availablity.

So basically have no where to go . Tried second hand 5 series and E class but CE makes more sense as its brand new, am still searching for used Q7 no luck yet

Yes there is a good discount on C Avantgarde. 4-5lakhs depending on engines.

You can try if there is any stock of old 5series at good price, it was a brilliant car & was available with good deals at the end, dont know the current scenario.

@sarabjeet don't go for the merc as of now and it is true that the FE of the petrol is 4-5kpl, also when was the 330d launched? I think it is the 330i .I would say go for the second hand merc c class and new 3 series corp edition.

@rssh

i am against Merc C class but dad will have his way , 330D are imported on request by BMW have seen a couple of them , there is said to be a 335D on its way to India aswell.

Have also heared that BMW dealers are giving around 6-7 lakh discount on the old 520D model will have to do some digging

Note from Mod: Carry out discussions under relevant topics.

Thread created, Posts merged.

BornFree2010-08-09 18:26:25

Customer is the King smiley17.gif how every said that was right

made my intention clear to the german rivals that  i am checking out both bmw n Merc , and they started to pamper me with freebies and deals.

TDed a used LC prado V6 petrol

dads friend sent a LC prado to check out , didn't want to even see the car but on test driving it, i have forgoten BMW n Benz , only draw back is the 3-4 kmpl which she is returning ( Now i know why people is Saudis use Prados , it keeps them busy " they constantly need to fill her up" )

here are pics

img00494201008101512.jpg

img00495201008101512.jpg

img00493201008101511.jpg

img00496201008101512.jpg

img00492201008101446.jpg

img00497201008101513.jpg

img00491201008101445.jpg

img00498201008101514.jpg

sarabjeet2010-08-10 11:04:37

The interiors are again typically Fortuner type, ooops i am sorry, its typically Innova type especially its steering.

I dont know whats wrong with Toyota, why they keep same interiors in all their cars ranging from a 7lac MUV to a 40lac hardcore SUV.

I would suggest you to go for a BMW 320 CE. It's a good driver's car and is well priced. For your 2nd car you can also consider a SUV(new or used) since you are fond of SUVs. I like the Audi Q5.

good news guys , yesterday night after hard negotiations finally got a used 320D 2007 model and E270 CDI 2007 , have taken the delivery of 320D will take the delivery of E270 on mon/tuesday.

will share pix later