Sign in to follow this  
soumya

Getz 1.1 GVS Ownership Report

I settled for the Getz 1.1 GVS. I bought this beauty from Saini Hyundai in Kolkata on Wednesday (10th October) for 4,64,00 OTR with Keyless entry, Full anti-rust and Teflon coating, matting and a car cover. That was a steal, I tell you. The color we chose was real earth. The waiting period was about 2 months. Nowadays they have enlarged the tires and also added a rear spoiler. Once I got inside the vehicle, I thought that I was inside of a sedan. The beige interiors and wooden finishes here and there really adds to the sedan look. Surprisingly even 4 people can squeeze in the rear seat and the boot space is huge! The ac was quite okay but it may not turn water into ice but it's more than adequate. When I started the engine, I thought I was bound to get disappointed but it turned out to be an impressive performer. It was really easy to drive and the ride quality was excellent with no engine noise. The suspensions were equally impressive. If you close your eyes, I bet that you may even forget that you are inside of a car! I suggest that people looking for a hatchback should seriously consider this. Take a test drive and see it for yourself. I will post more details and pictures soon if you guys need it!

Getz Vs. Swift

Now to get some facts straight. I was heavily in favor of the Swift but my parents rejected it due to lack of space, refinement and for the bumpier rides in the rear seat as compared to that of the Getz. Now they were in a position to see that the only thing huge difference which the Swift has, was that of the 1.3 engine but the Getz had an equally impressive space of a sedan, much much better interiors and a smooth and silky ride quality. Though it is much more fun to drive the Swift, the Getz beats Swift in regards to space and refinement. Fuel economy is more or less equal and there is no doubt that the Maruti service is still numero uno but Hyundai is not bad either. My advice is that if you are an individual go for the Swift but if you have a family, the Getz is a much better deal. Don't go for the HYPE!

I settled for the Getz 1.1 GVS. I bought this beauty from Saini Hyundai in Kolkata on Wednesday (10th October) for 4' date='64,00 OTR with Keyless entry, Full anti-rust and Teflon coating, matting and a car cover. That was a steal, I tell you. The color we chose was real earth. The waiting period was about 2 months. Nowadays they have enlarged the tires and also added a rear spoiler. Once I got inside the vehicle, I thought that I was inside of a sedan. The beige interiors and wooden finishes here and there really adds to the sedan look. Surprisingly even 4 people can squeeze in the rear seat and the boot space is huge! The ac was quite okay but it may not turn water into ice but it's more than adequate. When I started the engine, I thought I was bound to get disappointed but it turned out to be an impressive performer. It was really easy to drive and the ride quality was excellent with no engine noise. The suspensions were equally impressive. If you close your eyes, I bet that you may even forget that you are inside of a car! I suggest that people looking for a hatchback should seriously consider this. Take a test drive and see it for yourself. I will post more details and pictures soon if you guys need it!

Getz Vs. Swift
Now to get some facts straight. I was heavily in favor of the Swift but my parents rejected it due to lack of space, refinement and for the bumpier rides in the rear seat as compared to that of the Getz. Now they were in a position to see that the only thing huge difference which the Swift has, was that of the 1.3 engine but the Getz had an equally impressive space of a sedan, much much better interiors and a smooth and silky ride quality. Though it is much more fun to drive the Swift, the Getz beats Swift in regards to space and refinement. Fuel economy is more or less equal and there is no doubt that the Maruti service is still numero uno but Hyundai is not bad either. My advice is that if you are an individual go for the Swift but if you have a family, the Getz is a much better deal. Don't go for the HYPE!
[/quote']

Hey Soumya,

Bull's eye! fantastic review abt a fantastic car.... i own a Getz 1.3 but i still say wow when i read your comments and see the pics.. but mine doesnt have the wood finish dash board which are being added recently... i agree to each and every point of your review... even after 3 years the fun i have to drive is no less and i have always been appreciated by everyone travelled in my car for it being so much comfortable and spacious.... even now i havent felt an urge to change to a bigger car and i dont have any plans to upgrade to sedan as i didnt feel necessity... i only wanna buy an SUV a couple of years later

finally, yu must thank god to have given you such knowledgable parents who guided yu at the right time to make the right choice.... welcome to the club of proud owners of Getz! Happy Driving!!!

Nice review Soumya , you and i never knew Getz 1.1 was coming with Beige entirior and your snaps revealed it to me , by the way please do post us the Exterior pics od your getz,

Regards,

Priya

did you put those Wooden trims afetrmarket?

Whats the milage you are getiing?

well, i have not calculated the mileage as of yet, and the beige interiors came with the car itself.

My Family is planning to buy a car. Have to choose from Getz' date=' U-VA, Swift. From ur experience Getz look like a good option. Post some of your Getz experiences and if possible some more pics as well.[/quote']

I feel the Maruti 1.3 Swift will be  better option than getz and Uva or else go for i10 forget your worries and enjoy

regards,

Priya

My Family is planning to buy a car. Have to choose from Getz' date=' U-VA, Swift. From ur experience Getz look like a good option. Post some of your Getz experiences and if possible some more pics as well.[/quote']

I feel the Maruti 1.3 Swift will be  better option than getz and Uva or else go for i10 forget your worries and enjoy

regards,

Priya

hahaha...  Ok here she goes again with the caption for i10...

Hey Vinaysurya, Getz is really good car in its own rights. Please go through the threads on Getz in the forum, am sure you will have enough information to select. Am not trying to be mean but really there are many threads discussed on comparin the three cars!

Guys,

Getz CRDi is already in the market. its carrying same 1.5 lit Verna engine, so is worth a look... only thing is there are no verients and is no match (in terms of interiors) with top end petrol option...

I havent taken any test rides nor visited the dealer to check more but verna disel is doing good so hopefully this shld be worth...