arkboypunk1

Used Accent CRDi. a good choice?or WagonR instead?

Search for a used i10 kappa. I ve seen i10 used in mint condition for less than 3.75L.

OT- Why not ask your GrandPa to TD a A*. It will be best to drive, its only -ve is boot space & to some extend rear leg room. If you can slightly increase your budget, you can go for A* Auto, the perfect recipie for your GP

@CB

You have stolen words right from my mouth. or rather my hand which would have typed it.

My Sisters in laws just bought it(Manual) as their retirement car and in their word the main reason was that no other cars till Swift had such comfortable front seats. They wont be using the backseat much so that was not the problem.

If the same is the case for your GrandFather do tell him to check it out.

My GP doesn't like the Swift.

We will see the i10 soon. Saw the WagonR y'day. Waiting period of 1 month for the LXi.

We are also considering the Vista (either Mjd or TDi) and Figo TDCi. I will keep you informed. Comments and advice welcome.

Arkin: More and more cars are coming under your scanner. I think the Wagon R and i 10 are both very good cars. The Vista is also robustly built and the engine is quite fantastic.

Do choose the best liked and suited to your needs.

My opinion:

Petrol - i10 Era/Magna (1.1)

Diesel - Vista Aqua

Let's see what he decides. He is calling the Vista an " Indica type vehicle. When I go to service the car, I will have to sit with drivers" I personally felt hurt, as I love our Indigo, so I'm going to give him a piece of my mind (literally) in the morning, to see that he takes the right decision.

One question: Is the Vista TDi a good option?

Research and discussions with my family point out that the i10 1.1 MAgna is the Most viable option for us. Over the next few, we shall call dealers in Rayalseema and here in Bangalore and enquire for the best offer and if they have cars in stock.

Hi, I don't think, I-10 1.1 is available in Magna version. Magna is available in 1.2 only and 1.1 has Era version, which is less feature rich. So better go for1.2. It is the perfect machine and resale will be much higher than the difference in the initial investment. All the best.