24 members have voted

1. 1. Share with us which Horn you use?

• Stock
    • WindTone Horn
    • Nautilus
    • Red Grill
    • Pipe Horns
    • Any other

Do share with us, what horn you use. Also mention us how much you paid for it 'n how effevtive it was on highways.

Windtone Horn:

162494.jpg

This is the Typical Skoda kind of Horn. It is not too loud nor too low but its far better than stock.

Famous brands- Bosch & Roots. I prefer Roots.

Nautilus:

stebel-nautilus-horn.jpg

These kind of horns sounds better 'n neat. It has a compact Horn, and most preferred horn for Swift VDI because of its lack of space inside. You have various size in this.

Famous brands- Steble. I am not sure whether any other brand is available.

Red Grill:

22236_35106.jpg

This is our Old fashioned horn, also known as Vibrasonic Horns. It is also available in various size. Its pretty reliable & louder than the other horns barring pipe horns.

Famous brand - Hella

Pipe Horn:

Air-Horn-RD-72BR-Red-Pipe-.jpg

The loudest of the lot. Its usage is against law. You have plenty of Tunes in this.

Famous brand - Steble.
creativebala2010-08-13 13:47:54

I use the stock horn in my Linea, it is very very good. In My Wagon R the stock horn was not good, added Roots horn(model not known). It is not not the wind tone, but like the Red grill shown in Bala's post.

Pipe horns are banned in our city.
NAREN642010-08-13 14:17:54

I use Stock horns.My 1987 Maruti 800 has German made Addon horns (double) doing the job since 1987 (without fail). The 1955 Landmaster has an after market Jalwa double horn set. The 2009 Scorpio has its OE horns which I will have to see (the make).

I use the stock horns on my cars.

Even though I got a `Stiebel' mini air horns for my Xylo E8, the M&M dealers are refusing to install it, as they do not want to tinker with the electrical circuitry of the `advanced' Xylo.  I am planning to get it installed later.

[quote=creativebala

How much you got this for? Does it need a relay? If so does it comes as a package or needs to be bought separately?

That was gifted to me by my younger sister.   It is made in Germany.  Package is without any wires and other electronics.  I took it to Chennai (VST Motors, Velachery) and their guys told me that they do not wish to install it as they are not sure of the impact on the Xylo's electronics/immobilizer.  However, M&M's chief technician in Hyderabad/Secunderabad has assured me that they would install it.  Now, I am waiting for an opportunity to take my vehicle to Hyderabad (700 km away from Tirupati).  He told me that they would draw a separate connection from the battery and install a new switch on the dashboard.  I do not think anything more is needed.  He also said they have since installed very many in many Xylos in Hyderabad/Secunderabad. 

i use specially tuned roots horn for my santro,stock horn for my city and upgraded the horns of my with that from a captiva!!!as the service guys say that only that horn is compatible with the car!

I have always used stock horn ,as a kid when there were lesser car variants in the indian market I could recognise the car by hearing different frequency of horn , that's why I find it weird to change the stock horn . Anyways I flash my lights before I find a necessity to blow horn in traffic .

None of my cars or even my bike rely on the stock horns except my Laura(in fact she has also got them doubled).

Innova:Pipe horns(for highway use,a different button installed for them,so no risk of  blowing them in city even by mistake) and windtone horns(4 at a time,so they are also loud enough to honk the hell out of anybody).Only BOSCH HORNS FOR ME.

i10:4 horns,looks something like red grilles but they are chrome finished...don't know what brand they are but not Bosch or Hella.

Laura:Got one more set of windtones..this one is also BOSCH.

Pulsar:A pair of  windtones..again BOSCH.

Even I also wonder,from where do these local mechanics arrange for space for so many horns,but they do it.I myself cannot find two of the horns on my Innova and i10 because they are installed below.While Skoda guys said that its not good to install more windtones but I forced them to do...everything is going on okay..

When it comes to pipe horns,I have a lot of them(an advantage of owning a fleet of buses and trucks)but never dared to installed them in my cars except Innova.

TSiVipul2011-05-12 10:39:37

Here's a change in horns in both of my machines 2-3 months back, its now;

-HELLA(Silver coloured) horns on our Alto now.

-ROOTS Windtone horn on Pulsar 180, while a retained a single stock Horn for very much Crowded market.

i myself installed the horns that were removed from my cruze to my honda aviator!!!!

Have you Installed additional Relay with them or are using it as such !!

As previously when I've tried to install my Car's Horn on my bike, got its main Battery Fuse blown, thanks to the High Ampere requirement of Car Horn as compared to that of 2-wheeler's one.

I have got OEM horn in my polo.Though don't know who is the manufacturer of this part. Which is distinct and pleasant. It gives my car a presence on the road . As i blow it, everybody looks which car it is. POM POM