spearhead1909

Vento, Corolla or ANHC ?

The way things have been going for Honda in terms of sales of the City, we have not and might never see a sale on it. It is by far the most successful car in its segment and Honda has always been stingy in terms of discounts. smiley1.gif

I own ANHC and I can tell you one thing for sure, you will never regret buying this car. Before buying it you will feel, that car has more features, I should buy that, but after owning it, you will enjoy the car so much, you will never even miss the climate control.

Speaking of AT, as I have said already, the only thing that could have challenged the supremacy of Honda's paddle shifters would have been the DSG but they are not there.

Think of it this way. Honda is giving you a similar gearbox to the car a segment above, while VW is shifting from DSG provided a segment above to normal AT for this segment.

What you should be able to get is about 10-29k at most, mostly in the form of freebies - remember Honda gives only 4 alloys, one steel but throws in the fifth if asked as part of the deal, cushions, floor mats (they are good), etc. Also, sometimes they have a discount on the insurance.

@Sanjay Sir

I doubt they will be giving any discounts on City. Jazz and Civics would be getting them but ANHC is still the leader, so little chance of dicounts. Some freebies may be possible.

Better wait till October if you can for discounts season and Vento effect to help matters

@sgiitk sir, can you give me any suggestions on buying the Civic AT?

Reviews i.e.

Owner's words to make a new owner.

And will it be wise to buy an outgoing model since i feel that 2011 will be the year of the next gen Civic

I know that people were able to get accessories worth about 10k thrown in. The 5th alloy is something where I got the impression - throw it in if the customer catches this one!  Also, heard of 50% off on insurance on the City.

Yes, the Civic is likely to be going for an upgrade next year and the Altis may soon be replaced by the Auris. Since I keep my car for 6+ years (planning 10+ on this one), I expect at least one minor and one major upgrade in this period. So did not bug me. Do not expect too much on the Transmission front. May be the Honda engine goes DOHC instead of the SOHC at present.

By an large Honda enjoys probably the highest brand loyalty, and I am starting to see why. Toyoda sans stuff may be next.

sgiitk2010-08-23 03:11:01

I took 15K as discount on ANHC AT along with free floor mats, pillows and Body cover. I also got Deal on Teflon and Antirust both done in 5K.

But Once I closed the deal with advance cheque another Dealer agreed for better deal, so my take on this is you negotiate with 2-3 Dealers in your area and get the best Deal if not in a hurry.

Plans dropped @ Bobby

Thanks a lot for the info

But I am going to wat for the 2011 model.

I was thinking about going for the Altis but there is not much difference in my car and the Altis

I dont want to end up buying a same car.