Greycloud

Want to buy a new bike

Hi,

I current have HH ZMR & now am looking forward to buy a new bike. There is nothing wrong with my ZMR, just decided to give it to my brother & buy a new one for myself. Yesterday I took a test ride of R15, I must says its fabulous!!! but it is too small & doesn't suit me (5.11"). So the only option left for me is P220 but don't you think am downgrading from a high quality product like ZMR? P220 is undoubtedly powerful & fast but it doesn't feel well built. So what should do?

Yes surely purchasing a Bajaj or TVS bike is coming some steps down, even I don't like Hero-Honda when things come to brand image. But these are the vehicles you can have at cheap rates with some compromise in quality and performance. As you can spend around 1 lack I would suggest you to go for Bajaj avenger 220.

I would advise you to wait for RTR 220 cc which might be launched later this year ,the bike really has good quality but the bike is small and may not suit yor height . If you don't want to downgrade quality then go for the Fazer which has better overall quality but less power.

@greycloud,

Although from ZMR to P220, one thinks it's like downgarded feel but the Reality is somethig else- As both the Bajaj & Honda/HH offers different kinda feel & both are poles apart in terms of Ownership experience, Ruggedness & Driving feel, somewhat like of a Mahindra & a Maruti Suzuki.

You'll feel different kind of World on Pulsar & ZMR.

So, if you're in a Hurry, Pulsar220 is also a good bet.

Otherwise if you can Hold your decision, then wait for upcoming TVS & Honda's 220cc bikes.

Gudluck.... 

Hi,

I guess the only option left for me is P220. I personally feel that Honda's 200cc bike will be a gud option but still I don't think it can beat P220. So far I've observed that Honda never tries to extract more power from made for India bikes so I guess Honda 200cc bike will churn out around 17-18bhp.

I heard that the length & height of Fazer is less then R15.

Seems that you haven't checked the New Fazer earlier !!

Its very much Taller than R15 in Ride & Seat Height & even looks too.

But Greycloud, make sure before buying it that- will its 150cc Engine satify your performance desires which you're having with 220cc Karizma..  

@dr_nishu : According to Autocar India Magazine August 2010 (Technical Specification, Pg No.279) Yamaha R15 Length (mm) 1995, Height (mm) 1070 & Yamaha Fazer Length (mm) 1975, Height (mm) 1045 so how can you say that Fazer is bigger then R15?

@Greycloud;

The Dimensions of the bike or any other vehicle are measured from the First to the End points of their Length, Width & Height, which Includes Mudguards/Fenders, Rear View Mirrors, etc, So related are the Actual Dimensions.

But In Reality, The Relatively High Positioning of the Fuel Tank(actually a Dummy-type) & Saddle height differentiated R15 from the Fazer.

Plus the fatter tyres of the Fazer also adds to some of the Bulbulous & Musculine looks into it..

@ greycloud:

Sorry to play spoilsport, but Fazer (14PS) from Karizma (17PS)would be downgrade for sure.

Fazer is nothing but normal FZ-16 with a fairing & raised handlebar. Infact, FZ-16 is a better handler as compared to Fazer.

Go for Fazer only if you are bowled over by its gorgeous looks (Blue Fazer looks so beautiful) and like its somewhat exclusivity.

But then it seems that you don't have too many options before you.

Pulsar, like all Bajaj bikes will have issues.

Being a HH customer, you must have now come to appreciate reliability.

I would advice you to get another ZMR.

1: ZMR

2: Fazer (it is a bigger bike than R15, go TD it. Stats to hell)

3: P220