Rajeevraj

CIVIC 2008 Hybrid in India

Read this in the Times of India a few days back. Honda are bringing the CIVIC Hybrid to India next year. But it will cost close to 20lacs... They are not looking at volumes.. Its more about increasing awareness itseems :)

Article said it will be priced close to 20lacs... as they will import whole units and not make it in their factory here.

i dont think the car will sell much because it's priced way too high. maybe they're bringing the car just to be the first ones to do it in india.... smiley1.gif

Article said it will be priced close to 20lacs... as they will import whole units and not make it in their factory here.

i dont think the car will sell much because it's priced way too high. maybe they're bringing the car just to be the first ones to do it in india.... smiley1.gif

Yup at 20 lacs one may get the Accord Diesel if launched in India , maybe 15 lacs or soo will be  aair pricing

But its cool to hear Honda has hybrid plans for India

Regards,

Priya

the article clearly mentioned honda as saying that they dont want to make it a best seller or anything. they are bringing it in for awareness it seems.. but i suppose in marketing laguage it means " we are the first once to get it here"  :-P

i dont think that is the rear portion of upcomng Civic hybrid ' date='

i guess it looks  like this

96757245ig6.jpg

[/quote']

It still looks worse than the present Indian Civic. If I really fell for something of the Civic, it must be the rear and the headlights as well. I really can't stop ogling at your profile pic.smiley2.gif

he he i am sure  if the same will be launched in India , but stil the rear one looks better than the one posted by the MND ,

Yup The rear end of my civics looks good ,

Regards,

Priya