PREDATOR

GM Cruze spare parts- horrible pricing

smiley5.gif Today i went to regent automobiles okhla for the service of my beat .after the service is being done i enquired my advisor about cost of service and spare parts of CRUZE . He told me for :

4th service the cost is 2500rs which is within 20000 km

5th service the cost is 4000 to 5000 which includes change of air filter and some a/c filter At 25000 km

6th service costs rs 10000 to 11000 which includes engine oil , break oil, collant car wash etc at 30,000 km

this all costs us about 18000 rs for 15000 km and when i ask him about price of clutch plate and pressure plate and fly wheel including labour it will cost rs. 50,000 . I was shocked while hearing this price .

I guess Skoda's ASS is better than this looking at the superior brand image in India. They are giving 3 years of Zero Maintainance at Rs. 11111/-

And the clutch plates are costing around 57000 inclusive of taxes( I know this because a cousin just got a fresh new set after an accident).

Doesn't Cruze have the Chevy Promise: 3 years free service package. Any D segmenter will have expensive spare part costs; give or take a few differences. So drive safe and drive less would be the motto; so that the parts last longer and you may not have to change it. If you get stuck in traffic too much with the Cruze (manual) your clutch and left knee would also need replacement; roundabout the same time.

1stly, Wearing Items like Tyres, Clutch Plates alongwith Spark Plugs & Battery aren't Included under Free Maintenance Package, even if it's available so..

And also the Engines & Gearboxes of both the cars are the Imported ones, so expect dearer prices of their Spare Parts.

Even the VW Polo TDi's 2nd Service costs around Rs.10k & 4th Service ranges from Rs.13-14k only.

Even the l'll parts of the Maruti Suzuki are not far behind, as I felt after Replacing my Alto's faulty Oxygen Sensor for Rs.2225 only + labour charges few days back, which led of continous Glow of Engine Malfunction light Indication. 

Nothing horrible about the pricing , remember it is a DIESEL vehical and by the 6th service most of these cars would have done 40K , wear and tear is imminent. You may or may not need certain parts replacement even at 6th service , it is just that these parts are likely to be replaced

Even the VW Polo TDi's 2nd Service costs around Rs.10k & 4th Service ranges from Rs.13-14k only.

The cost of the 2nd Service for a Punto 1.3 MJD for a 15000 Kms service was Rs.4500.00. This included a Logo replacement for Rs. 554.00, otherwise it would have been Rs.4000.00 only.

Look at the cost of the VW Polo TDi's 2nd service cost Rs.10,000. What would be the spares cost ?

2nd Service Bill.

punto2.jpg

NAREN642010-08-23 13:39:11

Nothing horrible about the pricing ' date=' remember it is a DIESEL vehical and by the 6th service most of these cars would have done 40K , wear and tear is imminent. You may or may not need certain parts replacement even at 6th service , it is just that these parts are likely to be replaced[/quote']

The cost of Spares compared are as follows.

lineamjdspares.jpg

NAREN642010-08-23 13:45:10

@Naren , the Fiat only include the cost or Clutch plate and pressure plate and not Fly wheel , secondly the sheet does not include labour charges.

The Linea clutch plate and Cruze differs , Cruze clutch can handle 400+ nm of torque while the Fiat would fail to do that .

there will always be a different as Linea is a segment below