Figo Diesel vs Polo Petrol

Dear

Friends,

I

have been searching for a hatchback in 5-5.5L range and already posted one

topic regarding the same. And again thank you all for your suggestions in that

topic.

But

since my requirements have changed, I have found myself at a crossroad: not sure

which option to pick.

According

my GF/to be wifey

Although 1000/1500km per month is not a diesel centric travel but nowadays using a Diesel car like petrol does not harm much. I feel that diesels are a better buy nowadays with superior engines, lower running cost, good performances and better resale value.

See, diesel cars will have a slightly more maintenance cost and first investment is more than a petrol one. But a Figo is moderately priced as a diesel. Figo handles and rides well too. Just that quality is not like VW Polo but not too bad to complain. Ford spares and service is better than VWs. Figo's another plus point is the space within.

Polo looks a stunner and as a petrol it will be more refined naturally. The build quality is good.

If I had been in your place I would go for the Figo Diesel, eyes closed.

Polo is much above Figo in terms of quality. Unless and until you are a spirited driver, or someone who drives a lot(>1200 km/month) Polo should do it for you.

Also look at the 1.6 Polo model. It is available now and the price is supposedly 50 k more.

In both cases I am assuming that you are going for the top variant. If not go with the car in which you can have ABS/Airbags

Both the cars have good road dynamics but the Figo in the diesel form is the one to go for simply beacuse it has Hydraulic steering and the feedback is awesome and the primary requirement of fun to drive is fulfilled.

Going by your primary concern i.e. better driveability , go for figo-diesel for some simple reasons as :

1.) It has a proven and trusted diesel unit, which is one of the most sought after unit by Ford, and also gives loads of mileage.

2.) VW polo petrol is not at all a spirited kind-a-drive vehicle. If you are too keen on driving pleasure, try the 1.6 polo petrol or the best of the lot in terms of driveability i.e. Ford Fiesta.

My choice would still be : Ford Figo

@itsanguine, If you were in Mumbai/Pune where service is available, I'd have told you to go in for the Polo. So now, GO FOR THE FIGO. You've made a good decision. Hope your GF/to be wife is happy with it. I recommend the Titanum for the safety on offer.