20100823_164727_5.jpg20100823_164433_4.jpg20100823_164350_3.jpg

Details:

Swift VXI, no ABS
Azure Grey
Registered - Jan 2007
Odometer reading when bought - 39k

Price bought - 3.45 lakhs
Accessories - Some Sony HU

My used car search ended with this Swift. Left for 40k servicing after a long drive in ECR today. The SA told, the car is worth more. The car is well maintained internally & externally.
creativebala2010-08-23 16:53:09

Congrats bala. The car looks good and really great snaps.

I still cannot digest 39K and 3.5L. Seems to be on the higher side, but your satisfaction is more important. smiley4.gif

Have a trouble free ownership.

and Yes, what is that belt on the front bumper??

Thank you all guys for all your wishes.

@DD, the place is Kalpakkam Township and all photos taken in same place within 10 metres. If you scan the entire thing, you would get plenty of sceneries there. The spark will be given temp rest 'n occational drives.

I choose this location because theres a park next to it, next to park is back water, behind is sea.

@sb, its some coir, the temple guys put for "Dhristy", don't know what they call in english
creativebala2010-08-24 05:09:15

Bala is it your first car?

Although MSIL service is good and you will not face any problem for service & maintenance but why decided for a discontinued engine?

Have you got both original keys?

Alok Mathur2010-08-24 15:07:07

Congrats alot bala for buying the 'You're the Fuel'-ed Swift 1.3 Petrol.

Yours is an 1st version of the Swift, I mean the version with Non-Clear lens type tail-lamps(that's why 3.45 lacs feels somewhat High, but anyways if the car is in Good condition & you'r satisfied, then this Maruti Suzuki deserves it)

The G13B series engine powered engine is really a Breeze & Wonderful to drive due to its Strong & Easy to Rev Top-Range.

Also do post some of her Interior's pics, revealing how much she's New Inside !!

Drive safely & do enjoy your Ride..

Gudluck. 

Congrats Bala.

So you are soon going the be the Malik of 2 Swifts!! One petrol and one diesel. Very lucky indeed. I feel the price you paid is very less, a killer deal esp. from a Bangalorean's point of view. We were offered a 2005 ZXi for Rs 3.6 lakh, lowered to 3.35 after bargaining, and a 2006 VXi ABS for Rs 4.1 lakh (didn't bother bargaining, in which case, the price would have been brought down to 3.85) So we are buying a new car instead. Sorry if I've gone OT here.

Who said Swift is cheap to run? A normal service 40k has costed me 7.5k, whats more, the 12v socket costed a whopping Rs1100 extra.So total bill 8.5k where as for our spark, its 10k for 3yrs or 45k kms.

@alok, we also have a spark & we got both keys

@nishu, the interiors is also well maintained

@arkin, totally agree with you. the used car market in chennai is damn costly and this is the only well maintained swift south of 4L

I like very much your car, Suzuki Swift is a big success here. In my opinion, the 1300cc engine is the better choice, it's a powerful engine with good fuel economy   smiley2.gif !

My aunt drives a Swift 1.3 4x4, perfect little car on the snow. Yours is a basic model? Have you the A/C or is it an optional equipment?

VXI did not have a 12V socket ? smiley3.gif. If I remember correctly even the LXi has it. Just beside the gear lever.

May be a breakup of the bill will help understand why is it that much. It is not supposed to be that high.

Have you the A/C or is it an optional equipment?

Air-conditioning and Power Steering are standard features on the Swift in India. Bala's Swift has A/C, PStr., Pwr. Windows and Central Locking.

BTW Bala, do you have enough space to park 3 cars?

Once again thanks for your wishes dude

@sb, the 12v socket was not working, so opted to change it from MASS. Even the driver side fog is not working. MASS quoted 450INR(1 bulb) & local shop quoted 650INR(1 bulb) for a good company bulb.

I m inclined towards Philips white fog lamp that comes with a wite jet bulb too. Cost is 1400INR . For asthetic purpose it will be good, functionally will it be any good?

@Arkin, Ours is an independent house dude, we can park more cars

@sarab, this is just our temp car, we are more likely to exchange this once the new swift hits the road, so no alloys or no mods

Yesterday fitted Roots windtone for INR 450( left Nautilus @ INR900 because of lots of negative review) & Philips Extremepower INR 775
creativebala2010-08-27 05:53:22

@bala :

You should not be spending anything other than necessary as you will not keep it for long. I guess fitting a fog lamp from Maruti is fine. No need of anything fancy.

The best colour of fogs is yellow and not white or blue. So avoid those. When selling it off just make sure every thing is just fine and nothing more.