Sign in to follow this  
munish_lubana

Figo or WagonR

Hello friends

I want to buy a new car for that i have take test ride on ford figo EXI petrol & Maruti sazuki wagnor VXI .Please suggest me which car is better if we compare the both.As per my information ford figo have little less milage & wagnor has good milage in the city.But i want to know what will the figo milage if i go with the FIGO petrol.I like figo because of the bigger hatch backsmiley32.gif.Now i am confused please give your valuable information about ford.

Both are both Good cars in their Own sense,

but Wagon-R's light weight body & Smaller engine gives better fuel efficiency even of upto 18+kmpl on Highways(after her Run-In period completion), whereas Figo can give Max upto 15kmpl, IMO.

@manish: Are you having another options on your mind than these, from whom you can Shortlist further.

Decide between space and f.e., you will get your answer. If your family is fine in sitting in Wagon-r and the boot space is enough for your requirement, go for it. Else, Figo is overall a very good car.

You will get 14-18 in wagon-r and 12-16 in Figo for city-highway respectively.

All the best.

Both these cars represent different segments. Figo has a 1.2litre motor while WagonR a 1.0litre engine. WagonR is largely a city car.

If fuel efficiency is the major concern then WagonR is the obvious choice.

If possible provide more information on your type of travel and your personal requirements.

hi,

As everybody has already very correctly stated that it's all about your priorities.

If you want a car to run just fine in the city, with fine space and equipment and good mileage, then it's wagon-r for you.

If you want a bigger and more comfortable hatch. which would be more safe on several highway runs(if you have them), a lot more features and good boot space,then it's figo for you.

But, I would not recommend beat, as the car itself is not doing good numbers,although it is priced on par with Figo and the likes.

i totally disagree....

1. @figo: petrol engine is way underpowered....interiors look cheaps....silver rims over ac ventssmiley4.gifsmiley4.gif

@figo diesel is ok.....but its no way an enjoyable drive...on highways it still lacks power

ALSO after sales service EXPEnSIVE.

bad resale value

2. wagonR looks outdated...the new model looks lik an old lady wit excess of make upsmiley4.gif

ride quality also is not tat gr8....especially wen turning....u feel tat element of uncertainty in ur ride....

WAT I SUGGEST.....is SWIFT lxi

superb drive

excellent handling

good resale value

best sale service

CONS:...less rear leg room....as compared wit wagon R...i found figo equally bad

i totally disagree....

1. @figo: petrol engine is way underpowered....interiors look cheaps....silver rims over ac ventssmiley4.gifsmiley4.gif

@figo diesel is ok.....but its no way an enjoyable drive...on highways it still lacks power

bad resale value

2. wagonR looks outdated...the new model looks lik an old lady wit excess of make upsmiley4.gif

ride quality also is not tat gr8....especially wen turning....u feel tat element of uncertainty in ur ride....

superb drive

excellent handling

good resale value

best sale service

CONS:...less rear leg room....as compared wit wagon R...i found figo equally bad

Actually interior quality of Figo is decent and way above that of the new WagonR. This is the first time I'm hearing somebody say that the Figo is 'in no way enjoyable to drive'. Its the best driver's car in the segment. How can you comment on the resale of the Figo so soon?

I suggest you look at the Micra, Figo diesel and Swift.

i totally disagree....

bad resale value

superb drive

excellent handling

good resale value

best sale service

First of all, your post does not abide by the rules of the forum.

NO SMS ,LINGO LANGUAGE IS ACCEPTED. DON'T USE THAT.

coming to the facts and your opinion :

Figo petrol: who said it's way underpowered? It's nothing like that. It is just a smaller version of the world famous dura-tec range of engines from Ford. They give you the best driving experience.

Interior quality is miles ahead of what maruti gives.

Figo diesel: This is just unexpected. It is the same engine which is being used in Fiesta. It is running good on the bigger car and is doing great on the smaller hatch.

As for the a.s.s, I think you should get in touch with the latest ACI, which has provided with the spare part cost for many cars in India. In that, Figo is one of the cheapest in segment.

It is too early to comment on the resale.

Wagon-r has been completely changed and is doing decent numbers. Your point on tall ride is valid and a degree of uncertainty is there on highways.

As far as swift goes, is a good car, but is due for a replacement soon. Hence it is worth to wait for it.

i have been driving a swift Dzire diesel, before that i had a zen. I test drove the car on the road from calicut to bathery. It is ghat section with a few bends. When i test drove the figo petrol it felt way underpowered.

The ford diesel is pretty decent, but its no match for the swift diesel. It has the same fiesta engine, but they have under tuned it. On the highway once u cross 140 its refuses to pull. Thats wat happened in my TD car.

Swift is defi the best drive.

Resale value for all ford cars drops considerably after 2- 3 yrs.

Figo Petrol is underpowered when you look for excitement. If performance is your primary requirement, then the Swift will do. Looking at the acceleration figures, the Micra is not too far behind either. its less then a second slower to 100km/h. I even hear that its got better ride and handling than the Swift too. It is worth a try.

IMO, Figo petrol isn't truly Underpowered, instead it's just Adequately powered, neither too Slow nor too Fast.

Its performance levels are very much upto the Other competitors in the Market like Chevrolet Beat, etc.

Truly Slow & Underpowered is the Punto 1.2 petrol, it's very Poor performer on the Highways with its Poor engine top-end range.

Even in the City i.e; 0-40 or 0-60kmph range all of these cars are almost Similar performers, like Figo, Micra, Polo, i20 1.2, etc. 

chev Beat then what will be the milage for that

She delivers 12-13kmpl in City conditions & 16-17kmpl on Highways.

dr_nishu2010-09-02 14:46:14