krish-iitm

CNG Conversion of i10

Dear All,

Mileage of my i10 is pathetic. I am getting only 7-8 km/lit in city with 100% AC smiley19.gif. So I am exploring the possiblity of  CNG conversion. Can in it be done though Hyundai ASS? dear friends - please help..

I think it can be done. The CNG kits in Santro is dealer fitted, so I think the same can be done for this too. However you will totally be losing the boot space.

EDIT

Just saw on the price list page of i10 that CNG kit is available for 56000.

rahul18102010-08-28 18:32:58

@krish

There must be some grave problem with your car. i10 is not supposed to deliver below 10kmpl at any cost. May be a paid service from another service centre might help. I think it is better to rectify it before a CNG conversion

It can't be; I'm getting that much mileage in my Elantra petrol in city with A/C on. I think you need to get the car checked and before spending any more cash (for a CNG kit), as sb-alto, has rightly pointed out.

@sarabjeet  shifting @2000rpm on a petrol car is not a way to increse FE ,remember that the low end of the Kappa engine ain't great as the elipson engine so I can say read the traffic ahead and be efficient , also check for clogged air and oil filters and clean the spark plugs.

Conversion of cng may reduce your vehicle"s lifetime. Ofcourse i10 is supposed to give morethan 12 or 13kmph mileage with 100% a.c. do check the car at the authorised service centre... I WONT RECOMMEND FOR THE CNG CONVERSION.

-dinesh

(always the racer wins atlast)

hi

even i have the same problem with my car. it gives pathetic mileage in the city of around 9km/l.. what can i do about it? even i need help guys! i guess it was a wrong choice to go for i10smiley18.gifsmiley19.gifsmiley7.gif

GO for CNG !!!

I am using CNG since last 12 years. first in my 800 (25 kms per kg.)  done   150000kms (sold) then my santro (2005) till using 55000 kms done ( 22 kms per kg) with 15000Rs. maintenance oil and coolant extra. and Esteem (2008) 32000 kms done (25 kms per kg.) till date zero maintenance. and CNG kit prise between 24000 to 60000.

If you are in delhi call Mr. AMIT GOYAL he is a retro fitter of cng kit 9811055511.

lineshshah2010-09-01 15:03:28