Sign in to follow this  
kumaraneks

verna transform or vento

verna transform looks horrible.can you look at it everyday in your driveway.Go for vento Diesel.It also has the required safety features(airbags n abs) which are more important than spares or service cost.You only live once.

A look at both on different aspects :

pricing : Verna and Vento both are similarly priced. The difference is marginal, whether petrol or diesel.

spares and service cost : Vento would definitely be expensive on this front.

mileage : Both the cars have renowned engines, and are proven to give excellent figures. There's not much catch here.However,Verna would be more exciting to drive, thanks to the VGT(variable geometry turbo) on offer.

ride/handling : Vento excels in this category. The ride and handling combo on offer is class leading. The ride is actually of a class higher. Hnadling is safe and neutral. Verna is moderate on this.

Looks : This is an entirely personal section, and varies on individual's taste. I like the elegance and understated appeal of Vento more.

If you are too adamant and concerned on after sales and service costs, then go for Verna, else if you are looking for an upmarket saloon, Vento could do the job fine.

Engine wise and driver focussed wise I would go for the Vento but the Verna diesel is a better established car (in the diesel form) and the best part is the dealer and service network it has . Vento still needs to prove itself to the market though it loooks promising .

My advice is wait for the vento and see how the market has recieved it.

Vento is the overall better car. Quality and performance of the Vento will beat the verna. Moreover, the recent facelift to the Verna is not exactly good looking (my opinion). Finally, this might not matter to enthusiasts (like us), but the VW brandname will seal the deal for many others.

If you want the car immediately go for Verna, want to wait go for Vento.

You can also consider Fiat Linea MJD for your immediate requirements. It might be less on power when compared to Verna & Vento but it is worth a car with all the features & handling it has. NAREN642010-09-03 05:43:41

Vento seems to be better than Verna Transform in all respects.

But if Old-Verna(Pre-Transform version) would have been in the above comparo, then definitely my vote was for Verna SX.

It was Really a Simple Cool looking n powerful, aka  'Wolf in Sheep's Clothing'.
dr_nishu2010-09-03 20:31:22

I have seen the new Verna Transform and in clours of white and black, it looks pretty good. It is the other colour which are just outrageous.

Also we would like to know what variant are you looking for. If you are looking at the base variant, go for Verna, but if you are looking at the higher variant go for Vento. Simply because it has all the safety features.

I am not sure about this but Verna brakes were not that good in the previous version. Has the TRANSFORMation solved this problem?