Pankaj_S

Which Car under 10L?

Dear All,
I am Pankaj, new entrant to this community. I am evaluating some options to buy a new car. I can spend upto Rs 10 Lacs. Am looking at Dzire ZXI, SX4 ZXI, Vento Highline, Chevrolet Aveo 1.4 High End, Linea Emotion PK. All Petrol Variants
Can anyone give me his honest comments on which one will be a good buy on all aspects. If there is a better option than the ones listed above, kindly suggest me that also.
Regards
Pankaj

Thread moved to the right section within the forums.

BornFree2010-09-05 18:46:26

I still feel that Honda City is the best of the lot. May be the next one I would prefer is the Fiesta 1.6 petrol.

Heard and read about the Vento petrol, that it is not quite up to the mark. Another FE sedan is the Mitsubishi Lancer cedia. Poor After sales/service but very good engine.

Hi,

With that kind of money, one would easily get himself a ANHC.

I would rather suggest to take a TD of Vento. If you are the one who likes solidly engineered cars, it will delight you.

ford Fiesta 1.6 is a worthy option, and would save you by couple of lakhs.

You could also wait for some time. New Fiesta, new Elantra, and Fabia sedan are all on cards.

I would suggest getting the vento, its diffrent, more classy. You give a statement. The city is also good but then way to common.

Well if your intrested, i think one of my friends is looking to sell his honda accord, the good part, he is selling it at your budget.

2007 Model, i think he is asking for around 10 lacs. Mumbai registration though.

Thanks Aditi..

I will definitely think of trying the Vento...

But am sorry, I cannot consider buying the Honda Accord..

I already have a second hand car.. and therefore I want to buy a new one this time...

Thank you for your comments...

Regards

Pankaj

@Pankaj

Yes, TD'ing is the best way to choose a car. I suggest TD Vento , ANHC and the Fiesta 1.6S.

The reason why I am emphasizing on Honda City is because of its superb engine and awesome fuel economy. Fiesta is the best car in terms of drive quality, handling etc. The Vento is actually a package with no special ability. Just another petrol with good quality.

sb-alto2010-09-06 08:10:57

Latest ACI will tell you the best you want to know about the two cars when pitted against each other.

Gist of that is

1. In driving experience(engine, ride quality etc.) whatever Vento does City does it better.

2. Feature wise on paper Vento has more features but its in dash music system lacks USB/AUX support. So no peb drives or ipods would be running on it.

3. Overall the City beats the Vento but only just.

dezire only makes sense for those buying a diesel , in it's petrol avatar it's just an esteem, sx4 is great value for money, i have one and parts cost just as much as swift, and oil change is only per 10k kms. the fiesta 1.6 is also good but it's a dated model now, aveo is very bad in gear changing(notchy gearbox) even though gm is giving good offer for tht(3yrs plan+lpg/cng kit). linea is an elephant with a baby's heart, very slow and not efficient for it's displacement, fiat did not release it's 1.6 avatar. the New honda city is very smooth.. and will bring smile always due to honey smoothness. the vento will get you into a luxury car territory, if you are buying the 1.6 vento, it is very good  but the 1.2 polo tht i drove is the worst refined car among i10,ritz., micra. so my suggestion:

-choose between honda city and vento , honda city you will get paddle shift, auto tranny. or you you want a cheap to run , durable car filled with goodies for the base price of honda and vento it's the sx4, they have a new limited edition on sale  too :) hope this helps

@pankaj:

Honda City(any version) is undoubtedly the Best Petrol Car not upto 10-lakh bracket but even l'll above it too.

It just feels like the Heaven of a car & made by the core of the Heart.

Rest our forum member cum ANHC owner-Driftpunk will throw more light on this.

Other option is to wait for the New Fiesta Sedan to come, it'll probably come by this year end.

But I'm Sure no car can match the Fineese & Refinement of the Honda, not only in India but even across the World too..
dr_nishu2010-09-06 20:47:39

If I was in your place I would close my eyes and go for the Honda City... Its a good car to drive... Easy and economical to maintain!

VW might be good but both Polo and Vento need to prove its metal in the market. I would rather settle for VW cars in next 2 years till they show their worth and service network expands!

Although choices is yours and depends which influences you more! smiley17.gif

--Pankaj - Okey, go in for a test drive. I will post here all the pro's and con's of the ANHC but drive it yourself and then decide if you can feel the same drive in any other.

Waiting for your TD review

As said by everyone, honda city remains an excellent choice.

But, at this point of time,I would definitely go in for the

VW Vento because :

1.) Ride quality : As typical of German marques, the suppleness in the ride is one thing which Honda can only dream of, as of now.

2.) Novelty : Being latest, the prime value is high. There are innumerous city's plying on roads.

Other than that, I don't think the largest automaker of the world needs to prove it's product. There service, however, is one factor to look-out for.

But, since many Passat and Jetta owners are there, and are getting good service of their vehicles, there's nothing to worry.