amiti

Need best vehicle insurance

Hi,

My vehicle is due for insurance renewal.

Wanted to know which one is the best and are there any offers on same. I live in Pune.

Insurance choices are,

bajaj Allianz

ICICI Lombard

TATA AIG

Do let me know your suggestions.

As you are based in Pune, I suggest  BajajAllianz over others.

You can get things done faster and better with almost no (or very little) follow up.  Timely service and hassle-free service should be your priority and not a few rupees here and there.  At least, that's what my priority is while taking insurance.  Remember, you go to them again (after paying them) only when there is an issue (document corrections etc., or a claim or other such service related) and a locally based outfit can do better than others.  You can always go to their office (or officers, as the case may be) and get things done. 

Well even I am in the same state my cars first birthday is coming up and the booklet of autocarindia is a good eye opener (the insurance booklet) .

Having made a claim I cannot avail NCB . I am looking for cash free insurance facility the first priority then getting quotes from various companies.

Don't go for private insurance company just go for united india,national,or newindia insurance company.

when will you meet an accident and go for damage repair private company s not giving more and many issues.

last year i had renewal of my car those company s are quoted about 10000 and i ask them for discount and they are ready to give me

bajaj Allianz =30%

Reliance =40%

ifco Tokyo =35%

if you are going to private company then ask for more discount like 30% or 40 %  and no claim bonus.

It is always better to stick to the Insurance Company that has a cashless transaction agreement with your Authorised Dealer /Service Centre.Tata AIG, Reliance (mine is Reliance),Bajaj Allianz are all OK.

The premium varies company wise.Check the premiums asked for and go for the one that suits you.

anjan_c20072010-09-06 14:40:21

Bajaj Allianz is the best amongst the Trio amiti mentioned above.

But Till to date, the Insurance policies which i've used for my vehicles are:

-Cashless Maruti Insurance(Royal Sundaram & Reliance).

-Iffco-Tokio.

-National Insurance.

-Oriental Insurance.

But the best & cheapest which i've felt is the Oriental one & these are providing Cashless services with Maximum number of Authorised Services centres around in our area. 
dr_nishu2010-09-06 19:35:17

Dear friends,

Any insurance company is the same.

If it goes by Nationalized Indian ones are the best pick.

Only problem arises here is that they do not give cashless insurance like the private counterparts.

To be precise, first ask the premium. If possible ask them to raise the IDV of the vehicle.

Next will be asked about claims. Even if yes, first say no. He will quote a price. Then you will say yes you have claims. The they will raise the price saying No to NCB.

Then you say to hell with you NCB, give me insurance at the rate where NCB is included.

Then ask them how much is the insurance value of each passenger. They will quote low prices and will put down the value of each passenger's cover to 50k of 1L. Ask them to raise it to 2L.

Next ask how much is the discount. He'll quote 20%. Say I want 30(or better 35%) Discount.

They will keep trying to persuade that that's not possible.

Tell them to "call back only if you can make it"

PRESTO- "it's done"

But the above is possible for private companies as they have lots of flexible options.

Reason they have only limited claims (only upto 2-3% of all insurers) but will profit from the rest.

Practically there is nothing called NCB (No Claim Bonus).

It's all bogus.

Try it for yourself and come back.

Incidentally a Rs.5000 exclusion will save you Rs.1500 in the premium!

In addition to corporate policy of the company, a lot depends on the local assessor when it comes to to a claim, if you have to make one.

sgiitk2010-10-08 11:01:50

YOu'll get better offers on jumping more companies than stick to one.

And never pay if you receive a renewal notice because they are higher, better bargain afresh.

TATA AIG sent me a renewal notice for 15k. I went into the market and got the same company and continual of the same for 12,5XX for my 2007 Skoda Octavia Rider.

But they harrased me as my cheque got missed and no reply from AIG Cust care for about 15-20 days finally after which I got my renewal letter.

Last time for my Indigo Marina a claim cheque of 6k has gone lost. That too, again AIG, despite running pillar to post did not get it till date. They say it's delivered to you home and they have no status information of the cheque they issued.

Almost every private player has got these technical glitches including ICICI Lombard.

So goes by Nationalized are the best. Only trouble you need is to visit their office.

I suggest 1st Call up the Service center where you are most likely to give your car for a body & paint job and ask them which insurance companies they have tie up with for cashless claims and choose one of those companies only.

Its true that PSU are lenient when it comes to claims but however you also pay a higher premium viz a viz Pvt companies like bajaj etc.

Very few workshops have tie ups with PSU like New India etc for cashless claims where as most Workshops have tie ups with 4-5 pvt insurance companies for sure.

I think you should avoid ICICI as I have heard many horror stories abt them.

Also there is a new product i.e. Zero depreciation plan where in you get 100% reimbursement on fiber parts (which is otherwise only 50%) offcourse this is at an additional cost. However this is available for cars less than 3years old.

Which is the best insurance for VW Polo keeping in view a slight higher part price. If options are TATA AIG, BAJAJ ALLIANZ, BHARTI AXA ETC. Which insurance provide the 0% Depreciation, and other usefull extra covers. Please guide.

Reliance and TATA AIG is a good service and Also try at LIC vehicle insurance. Also keep in mind about their quality of service incase of any minor accident or a situation for claiming your value. In most of the situations, you will not get a genuine value from other services. So evaluate the trust and service before you Go!