Ebin

which car should i go for a budget of 5-6lac?

Hi everyone ,can

any 1 help me in buying a new car ...

i am intrested in a buying a small-big car..ie..a car with a back

boot space ...

but as per my budget  i have following choices..

note : i already hav ford ikon flair(petrol)

1:Tata Manza Diesel

2:swift dezier or swift VDI

3:accent

4:ford ikon desel

5:AVEO

and if they is anything else ,,,please mention them aswel...

among all of them i am excited abt Tata Manza Diesel ,but i hav no idea

abt its engine and performance ...............so please help me ,i am quit

confussed...

Well The Manza is a Value for Money car and given the option you have given I will go with it .

The engine is excellent and on this front no problems , the Ikon and Aveo should be avoided as they are really outdated and their production may be stopped completely.

Best bet is the Figo diesel. Its got all that you want and you must know Ford by now as you already own an Ikon Flair. Aveo is best avoided. If you want to look else where I suggest i20 1.2 petrol, Accent is also best avoided as its very long in the tooth.

DeZire is the pick of the cars mentioned here but there is a very very long waiting which probably will be a turn off.

Manza may be a huge step up in refinement and quality for Tata but it is still not at par with most of the other companies and their cars.

I would personally at your budget go for the Figo diesel as it provides great space and is good to drive.

Go for Swift VDi with ABS version.

It's the best amongst the lot with Good looks, Power, Acceleration, Refinement, Fuel efficiency & Reliability.

But if you want a sedan, then Swift DZire LDi comes well in your budget.

Its having all Swift's pros+ bigger Boot.
dr_nishu2010-09-09 19:57:50

Of all the options available, I would say :

1.) If you are hard-bound on swift, then please wait for the new one to arrive, and then decide.

2.) From the available lot, ford Figo diesel is the most promising one, as you have already had a Ford and your requirement is primarily a hatchback.

3.) Indigo Manza, not a bad option, but only if you want a bigger car, and ready to tackle issues with TATA, although the company has improved leaps and bounds.

Best bet is the Figo diesel. Its got all that you want and you must know Ford by now as you already own an Ikon Flair.

Awesome suggestion DD. Figo is the car to go for. It is diesel and boot space is enough for a person to take a power nap. Nobody will miss the space of a sedan if it is a Figo hatch. The engine and ride/handling department is superb.

Swift best avoided if boot space is a priority. Polo has rather decent boot space.

Note : You are considering both petrol and diesel sedans. May be the amount of running will help decide one. Please mention your monthly running and highway needs if any. Otherwise buying a big car isnt always sensible.

sb-alto2010-09-10 07:29:32

Wait for BEAT Diesel !! If you can...

Well

1: you didnt read his requirements. He wants a boot.

2: Beat diesel is expected to be pretty average and nothing compared to the figo diesel.

@ mods:

I suspect some suspicious behaviour. This guy is talking about nothing except chevy cars. smiley18.gif

Hey, it was a casual suggestion as he didnt seem to be specific on a hatch/notch. It was just an addition to the info, as many may not know that BEAT Diesel is even planned. Moreover it offers a bit fresh look/design.

Figo, is definitely a good buy. On looks, its just a gives a feeling of a smoothened Fusion.

I remember the last I drove was the Ford Figo (diesel).

Felt little underpowered as compared with Ford Ikon Nxt, but after all its Ford..known to be the driver's car, so it was pleasure driving it.

it has lot of boot space,

has a robust n rugged look

goes good on fuel mileage.

and gives u lot of features too..

If i was in your shoes i would close my eyes and buy a Dzire Ldi. Its excellent Value for money.

I've Dzire Ldi, lovely car to drive, good boot space, great mileage (19kmpl), backing of maruti service network behind you.

Tata Manza is a good car, very comfy rear seats, especially the recline angle which Tata has got spot on. But should you buy it. NO.

1) Worst service network you can ever expect, i've had a Tata vehicle with me. Trust me on this one. Now they say they'll get to you in 2 hours, i was stranded on the highway for half a day, that too just a few kms from bangalore.

2) very bad resale value.

3) the manza comes with lots of nice toys inside but getting them to work is huge task.

4) quality of plastics is very poor.

5) gear shift is no match for silky smooth one in the Dzire.

6) very bad marketing staff especially in bangalore. They dont know a thing about the car.

7) ride quality is nothing like the Dzire.

Take a TD in both Dzire and Tata manza. Check inside out. Drive the car with both the AC on and Off. Also drive the car with the glasses down that way you will be able to judge well.

Ford Figo Diesel is a good car, but maintenance of a ford is usually expensive after 2 yrs of use.

Figo petrol is way underpowered.

Two things folks:

1. The originator of this thread still has a post count of ONE. In fact he has never showed up at all after the original post.

2. Nobody has bothered to check up on his car usage pattern, and we are all off the blocks.