groom

Hyundai i10 Mileage Update

wow..i have read the milege marathon news...
that sounds great....79 swift owners did 70km rally and the first place got 28.06kmpl.. great....smiley32.gif

i feel that the i10 milege marathon will give 30kmpl' date=' since its smaller engine... than swift's
[/quote']

Yeh The maileg marathon are meant to give the highest Possible fuel economy figures , soo we are awaiting the mialeg of i10 , swift diesel , Spark , wagnR and so on , hope autocarindia conducts this sooner

regards,

priya

Heres more details about the driving and max speeds covered ...

from Bangalore to Krishnagiri its part of quadrilateral.. so the speed was spot ion 100 at every opportunity else 80kph (Around 80kms)

then return journey from mysore to bangalore spot on 100 or 80kph max ...(around 135kms)

around 170kms no chance of crossing 70kph ...

and around 40kms is Ghat section ...

ha ha ha ... looks at the quote with lots of stars in the swift mileage marathon...

"Participants maintained speed limits as per city norms. The average

speed of the 3 winners was 33 kmph taking city traffic conditions into

account. "smiley36.gif

IOC conducted Hyundai marathon and Getz mileage was 36 Kmpl in Bangalore!!!

if the test was at bangalore, we should mension the time of test also.... if it were at peak time... then even if its a hybrid, i wonder if it  will give 36kmpl....smiley11.gif

if the test was at bangalore' date=' we should mension the time of test also.... if it were at peak time... then even if its a hybrid, i wonder if it  will give 36kmpl....smiley11.gif
[/quote']

Does it matter: I think B'lore has the largest number of speed breakers per road. Even if it were the dead of night you would not be able to cross 50 kmph and you would have to constantly shift gears to negotiate them. Unless it was conducted on the tarmac of B'lore airport I can't believe the mileage figure.

if the test was at bangalore' date=' we should mension the time of test also.... if it were at peak time... then even if its a hybrid, i wonder if it  will give 36kmpl....smiley11.gif

[/quote']

Does it matter: I think B'lore has the largest number of speed breakers per road. Even if it were the dead of night you would not be able to cross 50 kmph and you would have to constantly shift gears to negotiate them. Unless it was conducted on the tarmac of B'lore airport I can't believe the mileage figure.

any way.. we cant compare the test results at two different places and conditions.....

hey.. you didnt mension' date=' which version of getz was under test.... 1.1lit version..? [/quote']

Harry has a 1.3 and he is mad about it and probably think he is telling abt the .13 itself , anyways the 1.1 and the 1.3 doesnot have Very much Differnce in th Fuel Economy except for the Pricing and goodies

regards,

Priya

Hi Guyz,

I own an i10 Sportz 1.2 Kappa. As per the manual booklet the fuel tank capacity is 35Litres. But it seems like its much more than that coz. I had filled about 10L & done only ~20KMS & then got the tank full (the low fuel indication was not on yet) which then took about 32L

I can see only two likely possibilities. Either I got cheated at one of the petrol stations OR the fuel tank capacity is actually much more than 35L (my guess is 43-45).

Btw, I got this car delivered just yesterday. Still the mileage cannot be so bad, can it?

Groom:

Your comments/review is quite informative & useful. Thanks.

Hi Guyz' date='

I own an i10 Sportz 1.2 Kappa. As per the manual booklet the fuel tank capacity is 35Litres. But it seems like its much more than that coz. I had filled about 10L & done only ~20KMS & then got the tank full (the low fuel indication was not on yet) which then took about 32L

I can see only two likely possibilities. Either I got cheated at one of the petrol stations OR the fuel tank capacity is actually much more than 35L (my guess is 43-45).

Btw, I got this car delivered just yesterday. Still the mileage cannot be so bad, can it?

Groom:

Your comments/review is quite informative & useful. Thanks.

[/quote']

Few Liters must be going in reserve category( as in scooters)! Or maybe below E mark.

The tank capacity is muchmore then 35 ltr as specified. Always there is some space left vaccant for gas to be filledup as with rise of temp petrol becomes vapour and it occupies space. You may be seeing taxiwalas filling up petrol tanks by shacking the car [ old ambasadors ] . You can also fill upto 42 ltr by this method. but you may be inviting trouble of fire and explosion at the first instance of accident or collusion. I10 is a highly fuel efficient car. I am getting 20 km/ltr [ 91 or 93 octane fuel] without A/C , 16 km/l with A/C, and driving at a speed of 50 km/hr and mostly at 4 to 5 th gear. To get good average you must follow the thumb rule 0-10 km in 1st gear, 10-20 km in 2nd gear, 20-40 km in 3rd gear , 40-50 km in 4th gear and 50-more in 5th gear or overdrive. The reason being very simple. for the gear ratio for every 0.757 turn of engine the wheel moves 1 turn in 5th gear and for every 0.96 turn of engine the wheel moves 1 turn in 4th gear . Therefor you are always advised to drive at an average speed of 45 to 50 km/h and at 5th gear to get good average. If any one is interested i can mail an article on how to get good average from your car by email.