Durango Dude

Facelifted Captiva.

Certainly looks much more aggressive than the present Captiva. Should keep sales ticking over at GM India. Would be better if Chevy bring the 181bhp diesel engine to compete with the R-Line Santa Fe.

designersf2010-09-14 08:57:42

I wonder why is GM making cars ( read new Captiva, Aveo) which has a striking similarity with Mitsubishi's Lancer Evo X and Outlander from the front especially the headlamps and the grill.Anyone can mistake it for a Mitsubishi unless they see the Chevy Bowtie badge.swiftvxi062010-09-14 10:44:24

Well its still ain't has the Butch presence of the Fortuner but its a more VFM package to the Fortuner and you also have the A/T option available too . I hope that the 2.2lt engine makes in (I think the ideal volume of Suv is 2.2lt coz its got good of both worlds)

The current engine has good power and torque but lots of turbo lag and adding 200cc more can reduce the lag a bit (may be). All manufacturers claim the 2.2lt capacity to be ideal for a soft roader .

Anyways how many units of captiva are sold compared to the Fortuner . I seriously needs a more muscular stance but may be its a softroader and the Fortuner is an offroader .  By the way a edition called Captiva -Xtreme is on sale too.