Durango Dude

Hyundai ix20.

The styling looks great. 

As India is now a major manufacturing base for Hyundai, can we expect this in our market soon ?

If launched, this makes a good complimentary alternative to their own I20 and a possible threat to Jazz. 

I wish they bring it here soon.

Why are branding exercises making things so complicated? Why not call this a hatchback? Crossover. Supermini MPV. I don't understand the necessity for these terms. But it is a very nice looking car. Will sell wonderfully if it is priced sensibly. But I don't know if it will come to India.

Well seriously the same grill (debuted on ix35) in Hyndai family may not work for all car in the line up . The Rear looks more like that of fortuner (tail lights) . Also in India any manufacturer will think twice before launching a new replacement if the current car is selling more than 5k units monthly and it was only launched only 1.5yrs back only. Seeing the kit given in the car I wold say that it will easily cost more than 10lakhs (projecter headlamp , cruse control ,TC etc).

The car looks great. Its pretty much a grown up i20 sitting in between the former and the i30. Doesnt seem like it can retain a price tag below 8-9Lacs. Wonder how that will fare with the Indian buyers, if launched here. I reckon, it wont do 5-7K units/month like the i20 and probably sit around the same no.s the Jazz is doing.

It is interesting to see everyone adopting essentially the Honda 3-spoke steering wheel.

Oh! come on you got to be kidding me smiley36.gif.

You love for the A/T Honda has got the better of you . I can say Honda copied it from the Beemer .

Anyways what are the engine options for the ix20.?

Hey Doc,

This looks smashing when is it going to be in India. Is it a disappointment for people who have just bought there i20.

But Hyundai is growing day by day and i20 is one of there best bet

Mahesh

Just been shown in Paris this month, dunno when it will hit our shores. With the way Hyundai is going it'll be sooner than later, probably when the Maruti brings the new Swift I guess, early next year.Compared to this the i20 looks very insipid. But going by the press release it's an Europe only model (which may make it expensive for India: my inference)  It's wheelbase is the same as my Elantra at 2615 mm and height is also 1600 mm which should give it loads of interior space to play with and also deft packaging will make it something like Honda Jazz.

Durango Dude2010-10-02 17:27:13