CHEVYfan

The Chevy Optra Magnum even more affordable now!!!

smiley4.gif  This is just great news !!! The huge Chevy Optra 1.6 Petrol & 2.0 Diesel now very attractively prized @ 7 - 8.25 lacs Ex-showroom !! Just got cheaper by about a lakh. Check todays Times of India for details...

What more to ask from a car which gives you about 14-16 km/l on Highways!!!

Looks like the last gasp for Optra!

Regarding your comment "What more to ask from a car which gives you about 14-16 km/l on Highways!", there are countless cars which give in tune of 20-21kmpl on highways. So, no great feat that!
BornFree2010-09-18 06:41:32

Carfanatic,

My Linea Diesel give me a FE of 15 kms/liter inside city & 21 kms/liter on highways. This is done by tankfull method.

If you are mentioning of the Power, Linea might not be a match but we are not racing. I am a sedate driver & dont drive beyond 120 kms speed.
NAREN642010-09-18 08:43:15

Yep...we differ on what we want in a car. 

Looking for car which is as powerful as a 2.0 l Diesel, yet is priced about 8.5 Lacs ex-showroom. Not able to find one...But optra's spares must be expensive...so must be others too...am bit confused.

Help..anybody?

This is a Good effort by the Chevrolet for their Warhorse, which got their Sales registers ringing for the 1st time.

And I also agree with the fact that Optra is one of the best Sedans in the country with Good looking & High Quality Interiors, Powerful engines, Good FE, VFM & Good Road Presence too..

its reasonably old as a model now' date=' so must be a last ditch effort![/quote']

I don't think so..

Considering the fact that Most of the manufacturers are Applying the same Stratergy i.e; Re-Speccing & Re-positioning the Old-models to Accomodate New & latest ones, like as Hyundai done with Santro to Accomodate i10, Ford have done with Ikon & Now will be the Fiesta-sedan, etc.

So guys at Chevrolet might be thinking of launching the another l'll Stripped  version of CRUZE, after feeling the Heat from the Corolla 1.4 D-4D diesel.

This is a Good effort by the Chevrolet for their Warhorse' date=' which got their Sales registers ringing for the 1st time.

And I also agree with the fact that Optra is one of the best Sedans in the country with Good looking & High Quality Interiors, Powerful engines, Good FE, VFM & Good Road Presence too..

its reasonably old as a model now, so must be a last ditch effort!

I don't think so..

Considering the fact that Most of the manufacturers are Applying the same Stratergy i.e; Re-Speccing & Re-positioning the Old-models to Accomodate New & latest ones, like as Hyundai done with Santro to Accomodate i10, Ford have done with Ikon & Now will be the Fiesta-sedan, etc.

So guys at Chevrolet might be thinking of launching the another l'll Stripped  version of CRUZE, after feeling the Heat from the Corolla 1.4 D-4D diesel.

I came across couple of my friends hesitating to buy Toyota Corolla 1.4 Diesel because of its huge pricing. How is the sales of the car. Anyone on this forum

@rki2007: "I came across couple of my friends hesitating to buy Toyota Corolla 1.4

Diesel because of its huge pricing. How is the sales of the car. Anyone

on this forum".

Thats a dud of a car bought by people without 'automobile' gyan and who blindly go by the Toyota brand name. Ask the owner's a few queries about engine capacity and bhp/torque sure they'll blink. It's underpowered and also not geared properly and has huge turbo lag. No performance to speak of: best relegated to the driver and owners lounge in the back seat.

@rki2007: "I came across couple of my friends hesitating to buy Toyota Corolla 1.4 Diesel because of its huge pricing. How is the sales of the car. Anyone on this forum".
Thats a dud of a car bought by people without 'automobile' gyan and who blindly go by the Toyota brand name. Ask the owner's a few queries about engine capacity and bhp/torque sure they'll blink. It's underpowered and also not geared properly and has huge turbo lag. No performance to speak of: best relegated to the driver and owners lounge in the back seat.

DD i dont think toyota intended it to be a Laura Tsi competitor. It's supposed to inspire envy in all but a petrol heads mind.

( a bit OT thought)

smiley4.gif  This is just great news !!! The huge Chevy Optra 1.6 Petrol & 2.0 Diesel now very attractively prized @ 7 - 8.25 lacs Ex-showroom !!

At this price it comes loaded with lots of features too, like;

-Driver Side Airbag.

-ABS.

-6 CD/MP3 Changer.

-Height Adjustable Driver's Seat.

-Luxurious Beige & Wooden finish Upholstery.

-6-Spoke Alloy Wheels & many more.

To already a VFM car, these adds up to make it even more Fantastic value for money at this Price.

smiley4.gif  This is just great news !!! The huge Chevy Optra 1.6 Petrol & 2.0 Diesel now very attractively prized @ 7 - 8.25 lacs Ex-showroom !!

At this price it comes loaded with lots of features too' date=' like;

-Driver Side Airbag.

-ABS.

-6 CD/MP3 Changer.

-Height Adjustable Driver's Seat.

-Luxurious Beige & Wooden finish Upholstery.

-6-Spoke Alloy Wheels & many more.

To already a VFM car, these adds up to make it even more Fantastic value for money at this Price.

[/quote']

In marketing terms, chevvy is trying to beat a dead horse back to life.smiley18.gif

It looks like a valuable buy. But at your risk.

The Chevy Optra soon is being replaced by a new sedan. Though you get it at a reasonable price, once it's off the production line, resale price will bottom up as it's a chevy.

So be prepared for a huge loss on resale value.

Buy worth only if you are planning for a long time retainment ateast for 6 to 8 years.

It looks like a valuable buy. But at your risk.

The Chevy Optra soon is being replaced by a new sedan.

Which Sedan sir ??

There're No plans of Retiring the Current Optra, even there's No replacement for it even in the International Markets.

Just Chevrolet is shifting their bias towards Newer products like CRUZE, upcoming Aveo twins, GM-SAIC range, etc.

Every company does this here like above, as Hyundai done with Santro after the arrival of i10, etc..

That'll not be far off. Because falling numbers will have no production worth.

It's already an outdated product and newer sedans are been planned. It is the last stage where discounted price too doesn't push up volumes and the company has no other option but to kill it before it dies a chocking death strangulating the company.