rki2007

I got my Manza

@rameshbabu.n: Earlier Honda used to be 2+1 but have switched to 1+1 after (I think) they added immobilisers.

However, when I thought about it I never remember using the second key on a regular basis for as long as I have been driving (40+ years).

So probably more of a psychological that a real handicap.

Contrats
The rear of the car really amazing' date=' I don't know anything about this Manza! Is it a big Indica?
smiley1.gif [/quote']

No it is not exactly an Indica. The manza is equipped with the Fiat 1.3MJD which we call it as a national engine of Indiasmiley36.gif. It is built on the vista platform. Even though both of them are pretty similar, Manza posesess many additional features and it is a fantastic competitor to the Dzire, Ford Ikon, Accent and other cars.

Did ABS saved me?

I would like to share a horrifying experience on my long drive from Guruvayur to Bangalore.I was travelling somewhere close to Walayar check post (border of Kerala and Tamilnadu- before reaching Coimbatore), after crossing the checkpost, the road was empty and i was driving at close to 80kmph. There comes suddenly an Alto car which just like that made a U turn without looking the rear for any cars. Once i noticed the car from left to right what i could do is just slam the brakes. I could feel that the steering was shaking and the with a huge noise of the tyres i stop the car on the right side of the road.I should be too lucky because there was no vehicle coming on the other side of the road where i landed and the roads were surrounded by rocks which i didn't hit when even landed half a feet close to the rocks. I got irritated with the alto guy and got down the car. The guy speeds away looking at me. Had i got that guy that day i would have directly landed him to the hospital.

I really don't understand that whether the ABS saved me or what. I am not aware that whether i steered the car to the right side of the road or did the car itself skidded. Thanks to god nothing happened to me and my family or to my new Manza.

Everything fell into place nicely. ABS does not lock brakes and you can steer the car even while complete brake jamming. By chance or not, your ABS must have saved you and your manza. Under such circumstances keep your head cool and direct the car in the way safe. Loosing your cool might end up in disaster even with all safety features.

Keep all safety features checked periodically for a fail safe ride.

Contrats The rear of the car really amazing' date=' I don't know anything about this Manza! Is it a big Indica? smiley1.gif [/quote']

No it is?not exactly an Indica. The manza is equipped with the Fiat 1.3MJD which we call it as a national engine of India

Well, guiguiswiss, you have answered your question yourself.

It is nothing but an indica with a boot and some enlarged wheelbase which makes it even more spacious.

@ RKI

Even the vista comes with the same fiat 1.3 MJD engine.

It is nothing but an indica with a boot and some enlarged wheelbase which makes it even more spacious.

@ RKI
Even the vista comes with the same fiat 1.3 MJD engine.

Not exactly right MT, & please note guiguiswiss;

No doubt bodystyle wise its an Indica Vista with a Boot, but In reality Its a altogether different car, as;

-Interms of quality its alot better than Indica Vista on which it's based, i.e; Panel Gaps, Plastics quality, fit & Finish are steps ahead of I.Vista.

-Dash-board design & all of its Electronics are all-New, with various Up-to-date features(yet in India) like Airbags, Blue5, Steering mounted Audio Controls, etc.

-Interior Legroom dimensions are different than I.Vista.

-Front Headlights, Grille & bumper design is different.

& Now comes the Engine: No doubt its powered by 1.3l MjD engine, but Its not same 75PS unit or straight lift off from Indica Vista, Instead its a Variable Geometry Turbocharged 93PS engine from Fiat Linea, with different Power & torque characterstics.

In Short, 'Manza is a most Refined & Best effort by a Tata in an India' till to date, amongst all their cars launched till to date.
dr_nishu2010-10-07 15:15:03

Rki - congrats on purchasing Manza.
@nishu - You are right - Manza is totally a new car even though it share its underpinnings With Vista.

Thanks Mr. Spock

rki20072010-10-08 20:27:55

... I never remember using the second key on a regular basis for as long as I have been driving (40+ years).

I think it is advisable to use both keys, changing them periodically.  This way, both keys (now a days, they are electronic) shall be in good working condition.  This helps in when the need actually arises when you lose one key. 

Moreover, by using both keys (by rotating them at periodical intervals), they have uniform wear and tear. 

I usually use both keys (whether electronic or pure mechanical) by swapping  them once in 3 to 4 months.

Hey RKi, throw in some more pics man. Good to see a well kept car.

-Nishu, Yea man, Manza is a completely different car by TATA and enjoys more road presence and head-turning than the Indica, etc. Manza is much much ahead of Vista,etc.

Hey RKi' date=' throw in some more pics man. Good to see a well kept car.

-Nishu, Yea man, Manza is a completely different car by TATA and enjoys more road presence and head-turning than the Indica, etc. Manza is much much ahead of Vista,etc.[/quote']

Well kept car !!!its a new car man.Just kidding. Surely i will post more pics.

... I never remember using the second key on a regular basis for as long as I have been driving (40+ years).

I think it is advisable to use both keys' date=' changing them periodically.  This way, both keys (now a days, they are electronic) shall be in good working condition.  This helps in when the need actually arises when you lose one key. 

Moreover, by using both keys (by rotating them at periodical intervals), they have uniform wear and tear. 

I usually use both keys (whether electronic or pure mechanical) by swapping  them once in 3 to 4 months.

Yes you are right. I also do the same thing by swapping the keys thereby both the keys are circulating. So that there will be no problem with the electronics which spolit the rare used key of my M 800.

[/quote']

Did ABS saved me?

I could feel that the steering was shaking and the with a huge noise of the tyres i stop the car on the right side of the road.

Role of ABS can be understood. Can any one explain this steering shaking!?

Before watching Indigo Manza closely till to date, so many good thoughts about Manza are Roaming there in my Mind, but after examining Manza closely in a Tata Showroom, all are washed now.

Tata seems to be following Stricty the quote of Hindi -'Hum nahi Sudhrenge'.

1st case seen is the Indigo e-CS with different door trims, as already explained at;

& 2nd being: The Brand New Indigo Manza Aura ABS, costing some 6.83 lacs(Ex-Showroom) featuring large number of Panel gaps around(though it's better than Indica Vista but still), like;

-Between the headlamp & bumper line.

-In the dashboard around, like around the Glovebox lid, AC vents, Power Window Switches shroud, etc. 

One of the major seen in the pic below, its around the AC vent of the Extreme left of the dashboard.
dsc00987v.jpg