Aditya Mookerje

The Hyundai Verna Transform.

I went to look at the Hyundai Verna Transform at the showroom, and I came back very, very, impressed. The car has superb build quality. The build quality is so solid, that the door does not make a noise, when I shut it. I looked at the fully loaded manual option. I guess, all the cars in the price bracket have the same options, but this car seems good.

Well the Verna is a good quality product but the interiors look dated and if it is fine with you then go for it , I think the quality of the i20 is much more better than the Verna transform (I specifically checked it in showroom) .

If your heart is settled then go for it ,also go for the SX version as it really need ABS for the power it has.

Verna doesn't excel in any one department and pretty much average in them all. I recommend you check out other competitors such as Fiesta' date=' Linea, Vento and City before proceeding.

[/quote']

IMO Verna is a much better car than Fiesta & probably Linea in many areas.

Its Powerful, Spacious, Comfortable, Fuel Efficient & Good looking(personally i liked its previous version more).

It easily Excels in one area & that's is its 1.5l CRDi diesel Engine, that makes her Brilliant & Storming performer & People likes that.

However, Amongst Petrols -Honda City i-VTEC is better than Verna VTVT(=CVVT) petrol & Vento 1.6 Petrol.

@aditya;

If you've already liked the Verna Transform, then its a Good Decision smiley32.gif 

& you can go for it Safely.

Go for its SX version though(as RSSH told), its fully loaded with ABS & other Creature Comforts.
dr_nishu2010-09-21 20:15:15

Verna does not have airbags. One of the most important features required in car at this price and given that cheaper i20 comes with 6 airbags rolls out from the same showroom is a shocker.

Also the petrol version is extremely dull to drive. For petrol better check out competitors in City, VEnto, SX4 Fiesta.

I second Rahul's view. And coming to ride quality and space, Verna did not impress me much at least for the price it comes at! definitely City and SX4 has to be conisdered before making the final choice.

My friend has older version of Verna. He was not too impressed with the handling at high speeds on highways. My be opinion differ here.

I don't know about Verna; but Accent steering became overly light at around 140 kmph and doesn't inspire confidence to push further. Whereas that problem is not there with the Elantra it's stable even at 160 kmph. I think its the flighty wallowy feel at high speeds and steering not weighing up properly that leads to this feeling at highway speeds.

I agree with my other colleagues that there are better choices compared to the Verna. City for that premium feel and SX4 for the VFM feel are a lot better than the Verna.

@DD;

Only Accent was/is having the Floating Steering feel at High speeds, but Verna doesn't, as it's altogether different & is based on another Platform with different Mechanicals.

Instead Verna only suffers from Handling due to 'Nose Diving' at High Speeds, Nothing else but Its better than Dzire in Handling.
dr_nishu2010-09-22 19:22:38