tushargoyal

Candy White 1.2 Polo CL

best advice would be?take atleast 2 times a week polo demo car for a spin ....smiley2.gif? add some experience in your log book as 75 days left for your love to come homesmiley32.gif

Would love to but can't as the nearest showroom is nearly 2.5hrs drive from my place smiley19.gif

I had booked the car when VW had put up a camp on our city. The TD was also during a camp in April. VW is planning to come up with a showroom n service center in our city in the next 6months' time smiley4.gif

I'd love to have them over here since I'd be driving one of their products and in case anything required I'll not have to bother myself to drive 2.5hrs upto the showroom.

@Tushar

VW has been saying that since April now. They started with around 500 units in March and are still are not doing more than 3000 units. Their reasoning for the same is that the quality of the parts isnt up to VW standards.

I dont think  it is a justifiable excuse for a company of VW's stature and it is just wrong for you to have to wait for 3 months for your car.

One should take waiting period in positive spirit as intail lot of polo had only 45% local content. As local content will increase waiting period is going to come down. Now fabia is also sharing same engine, gear box etc. that means they have achieved their target of 85% localization.

I dont think? it is a justifiable excuse for a company of VW's stature and it is just wrong for you to have to wait for 3 months for your car.

Lets not put VW between rock and a hard place. If there were some quality niggles, I am sure we only would have been complaining that its not justifiable for a company of VW's stature. They have been improving a lot and 3000 is a good no.

@Tushar I suggest you wait for the car. It will be worth every day you spent waiting for it.

@Rahul

I first read about VW not being able to ramp up production quickly because of stringent quality checks in June in the ACI magazine.

At first I had nothing but respect for VW since they were putting so much emphasis on quality. But the car was launched in Feb-March. Its been almost 8 months now and they are still unable to get things in order.

How can that be excused? India is the most important market for every company out there and VW is one of the biggest players and likely to be the one cashing out the most then why are they still unable to get things in order while others are managing just fine? An example right in front of us is Ford with the Figo.

@asethi919

I have recently read somewhere(don't exactly remember the source but am sure of having read in some print media) that the new ramp in the VW production unit at Chakan has begun. Now they will surely be able to cope up with the increasing demands pretty well.

Also, nearly 2 weeks ago, I had called up few showrooms to check out the showroom price and the expected waiting period. When I rang up the dealer at New Delhi, the Sales Personnel informed me that earlier the waiting period was 4-6 months, but they have officially been informed on 15th Sept. that the production has paced up and now the delivery can be done within 3months after booking.

This shows that VW has fastened their belts and are gearing up now to give a good fight to the rivals and this will lead to retaining more customers who are expecting their cars to be delivered.

Somewhat off-topic and somehow related too.

Just saw the new VW ad where they show the staff crying as they go through each and every step of building the car. And once the car is complete and goes out of the factory, the whole work force is sitting there crying finding it hard to let go.

Hats off to the VW ads! 
asethi9192010-10-14 11:42:44

Just saw the new VW ad where they show the staff crying as they go through each and every step of building the car. And once the car is complete and goes out of the factory' date=' the whole work force is sitting there crying finding it hard to let go.

Hats off to the VW ads!?
[/quote']

Great Ad indeed.

Hope to see the A.S.S. work in this very manner as well.

and VW is one of the biggest players and likely to be the one cashing out the most then why are they still unable to get things in order while others are managing just fine? An example right in front of us is Ford with the Figo.

Check out the Quality' date=' Attention to detail in the Polo & Figo, you'll come across the Answer by yourself..

No. of problems cropping up in the Polo on the Roads is much less than the Figos.

I'm sure they'll stand Top in the next upcoming Quality Surveys, across the country.

...... Hats off to the VW ads! 

Agreed dude..

VW's Sense of Humour behing their Advertisements, Worldwide is really appreciable. smiley32.gif
dr_nishu2010-10-14 19:07:56

Actually their ASS is known for VW mechanics obsession with cars that  they won't let it go for weeks to comesmiley19.gif

If they are going to keep each car for weeks together, what do you do ?

Forget about their obsession, I'm sure, you would love to have your car back

at the earliest.

Thank God, I do not have a VW.

(Or, a Volkswagon as they want us to call each VW).

Recently One of my close friend bought Polo 1.2 Highline petrol & Y'day I've got the time to drive it exhaustively.

Here is the Concise Polo Drive report:

(+) points:

-Robust build & stability.

-Car is very stable & easily Controllable at 100+ speeds, as compared to its Rivals. 

-Doesn't feels underpowered w.r.t 1.2l engine & Heavy Chassis.

-Interior Quality & Finishing is Cut above the Rest, except(discussed below from the pic).

-As per my friend its FE is 14kmpl in Trafficky City conditions.

-Comfortable Seats.

-High-Positioned(behind the front Grille) Air-filter Intake facet.

(-) points:

-Only One & is the Biggest One: Car can't be locked from Inside by anyways.

Central locking is only to lock the car from Outside. 

Don't know why Media haven't highlighted this Seious-most Safety Glitch.

-2nd is the Surprise from a VW & Common Sight for others, See the Pic below;

image0202w.jpg

Ill fitting Door-Assist Grip of a Front Left Door.

Seems that, At the Cost of Demand Quality Compromise cann't be left alone.

Please Check this-Out VW.

Great Scoop doc. I am also planning to book a  white 1.2lt petrol VW Polo Trendline in Dec 2010 after months and months of auto research in ACI Forum and Teambhp on premium hatchbacks.Only negative factor is 3 months waiting period for VW Polo. swiftvxi062010-11-01 17:00:09

@tushargoyal: How is your Polo doing?? Please share your ownership experience as you have been using it since last 3months now..

I have got my car in the last week of December. Your feedback will be very helpful for me as what to look out for and what to look after.

She's doing great except left front seat belt had to be replaced under warranty as belt wasn't going back automatically.

I haven't driven much as I was out for official work after Petrol prices soaring I'm using frugal Swift VDi more.

My advice treat her nicely she'll be nice to you.smiley2.gif

i think Polo deserve an 1.4 unit badly. VW should make the red devil faster. It can be very annoying to constantly change gears because of lack of pick-up and ghats are worse on the 1.2 TDi unit.

I wanted to know about "VW genuine Hood Insulator( Made in spain)- INR9012/-" Recently i purchased polo 1.2 petrol. I am feeling engine noise is more. Whether above mentioned hood insulator has reduced your engine noise?

If possible send me some pics of insulator. Are these insulators are not available in india?