car_freaky

Alto A/c - A double edged Sword!

Hi All,

Have been using Alto-Lxi since some time now and have to say that its pretty satisfying  car and worth every ruppee paid for it.

Thought of sharing my views regarding its AC. Wel, first the possitve - i feel its one of the best in class AC unit compared to others. Man, it cools really faster. Even on the hottest days, my car cools down in few minutes once the AC is turned on and most of the time blower speed would be set to minimum but yet effective. Now the negative - This massive AC unit saps lot of engine power leading to a dip in performance. To combat this, have installed K&N filters due to which the issue is sorted out marginally. I feel it would have been great if Maruti had striked a balance in this issue. What say experts?

Rest apart, i have been very satisfied with the car be it, city or high way driving, maintainance or mileage etc.

If the a/c is great just sit back relax; sure the performance will suffer, unless you're on an empty highway. Let others overtake you keep your "cool" and make way. I get the feeling as my first car: M800 was retrofitted with a Sanden Vikas 307 compressor which looked huge compared to the engine and load of the a/c was telling on the engine, on the highways it use to cool soo well that I had to take frequent pee breaks but in the city it would appear that half of the 38 horses were pulling in the opposite direction.

@car freaky;

Ours 2005 Alto LXi was having a such sort of l'll Glitch but Recently our car have crossed 65k kms Milestone, so we(me & my dad) have decided to Replace its Air-filter, with the New Stock one not K&N.

& Results were better than before -car Pulls Comfortably even with AC on Highways, earlier which was Quite hectic for her.

But More than l'll bit difference b/w Ac & w/o AC is still there, even New K10 is having l'll bit Performance dip with AC but not that Much as like Ours 800cc. 

Hi dr nishu,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

My car has clocked @17000 kms till date. I was using K&N stock filter from @9000-16000kms. Recently i switched over to K&N performance filter. In stock filter, engine would be much smoother, breathes easier and advantage is u need not replace the filter unlike the normal ones as it rarely gets clogged. No negatives were noted .

Now have K&N performance filter installed. Engine noise has increased a bit. But i am experiencing better pull in 2nd and 3rd gears and car doesn slow down drastically when A/C is turned on. Havent tested the performance filter on a highway still. I am craving for it though. Planning a long drive in a month or so. People say that there would be a marginal dip in the mileage while using performance filter. Need to test the same.