dhakkan007

i20 or wait for Fiesta hatchback?

I am planning to buy a hatchback in Dec10-Jan11 and had zeroed in on the i20 (Sportz petrol) but then read about Ford planning to launch the Fiesta hatchback in Jan11.

So here's the confusion. I am a big Fiesta (hatch) fan having driven it in Europe and would buy the Fiesta hatch anyday over the i20. What I want to understand is if these rumors of Fiesta launch are really true, else it doesn't make sense for me to wait.

I have my doubts about the rumors because Ford already has the last-generation Fiesta sedan in India and has recently launched the last-generation Fiesta hatch (Figo). Why would they do that if they were serious about bringing the new Fiesta hatch in Jan11?

Selecting a car out of two is tough. That too with one not yet launched. First TD some cars like Micra, Polo, i20 and Swift. See if anyone other than i20 impress you.

Fiesta hatch wont be cheap though. Looks like as if it should fall in the jazz category. If you can extend your budget, then Honda jazz is a good option too.

There is absolutely no confirmed report about the Fiesta Hatch coming to India. Not from any car magazine or Ford management. Waiting for a car that hasnt even been announced to be making it to India is not recommended.

i20 is a great car. If you want to look at others check out the Jazz or Polo. I personally love the Jazz.

Thanks guys! But I saw the reports regarding the Fiesta hatch launch in the Autocar show on TV, so I assumed it would be credible to some extent.

Even then, Rs 7 lac+ would be too steep for a compact hatch like the Fiesta. I had read reports about a 6 lac price tag and therefore began considering it as an option.

I will be TD the i20 and the Polo for sure, although the Polo's boring design (both inside and outside) and lack of equipment (in the cheaper models) does turn me off :(    

Fiesta Hatchback will never come to India and if it comes it will be priced @7-8lakhs which Ford will never plan to launch infact ,they will launch the sedan version of the hatch.