prasanth.mdu

Can ABS be installed afterwards?

Well' date=' its do-able but not recommended. ABS should come as a factory fitment only.

[/quote']

Why ? May be the reason the hydraulic break hoses supplied with cars fitted with ABS are stronger than the cars without ABS. Please confirm.

Also if ABS is fitted than the next question comes is will EBD be available.

For ABS, ECU & Speed sensors, Pump, Valves, etc. have to be installed. These fitments are out of the scope of usual workshops. Neither do they have the equipment nor the testing facility. Factory fitment is the best or else there has to be a specialized ABS/Brake clinic.

May be just' date=' if Osamu Suzuki or R C Bhargava are related to you, otherwise make a wise decision next time you go in for a car buy one with all the safety features; God knows when you may need it.  [/quote']

Yes sir, It would have been a previlage to have such relations. My Linea is with ABS, just wanted to check if it is possible.

I made a wise decision while buying the Linea.

Hey guys,

I am still wondering about why it shouldn't be possible.

If we are replacing all the parts from MASS itself, why should it be unsafe? MASS claims that they are experts in servicing every Maruti car be it fitted with ABS, Airbag or what so ever.

So I think if he could change all the parts corresponding to the ABS equipped model, think it should be possible. It includes, the full wiring harness, the Hydraulic unit of ABS, wheel speed sensors, the fluid lines etc. May be one could check the Spare-parts manual for which all parts are unique for the ABS equipped model.

However, expect a cost around 50k, though the ABS fitted car will be ask for a premium of just 20k.

... why it shouldn't be possible.
... why should it be unsafe? MASS claims that they are experts in servicing every Maruti car be it fitted with ABS' date=' Airbag or what so ever.
[/quote']

Technically, it is possible. 

The only worry is - will it work when it matters most ?

By seeing the quality of so-called `technical experts' the MASSs have, I have my own doubts whether they can first list out all those parts that are needed to be replaced and a separate list of those parts which are to be added. 

I am sure no MASS will pass this simple test. 

It's better to live with the existing car.  Or, if desparate to have ABS, buy a new car with ABS. 

For your sake and safety, do not depend upon the half baked knowledge or (near nil) experience of those so-called `technical experts' in MASSs in undertaking such complex jobs. 

I dont think we have a choice , we need to buy all sensors incorporate into car and ECU programming had to be done to cordinate all the sensors ,which is out of perview of dealer ,best is to buy one with ABS

I have a Swift Dzire Ldi' date=' which is a year old. Can i install ABS system for the brakes.

Any idea how much will it costs?

Has anyone done so far?

[/quote']

Its not advisable to fit such kinds of Genuine Safety features Aftermarket.

Prime reasons being;

-Safety remains the 1st reason, as chances of Errors creeping in increases in such cases during their Installation, hence doubting their Reliability.

-Cost involved in such changes will go much more than the company offering it as OE, as it's the Part/Mechanism which have to be Installed during the Manufacturing process.

-Being an Electronic feature, its Calibration for the perfect/appropriate results isn't possible to the Max, Outside the AfSS or Manufacturing plant.