sb-alto

Tata Aria 4X4

Point well made Durango Dude. I opine the same too. Even i was surprised a bit with the pricing considering there is a class product called Innova in a lesser price band. For this price, how many would be ready to push away Innova aside and go for Aria is a big question??

Spot on @ Durango Dude. Really surprised, infact quite shocked to see the pricing. Even if Aria was in the same overall package league as the Innova, still the Innova would clearly out sell the Aria because its a tried and tested "TOYOTA" product. By pricing Aria a segment above Innova, I feel the Tatas have lost their way completely. The Aria will not even give Xylo any serious competition because of its steep price.   

It is rather pricey for a Tata' date=' features don't make a car. Innova has nothing to fear. The base model Aria costs more than the topend Innova. I think Tata is nut's.

[/quote']

Short and sweet compression.

Guys, lets stop comparing cars like most of our Juntas,

We are motoring guys, it is not expected out of us to compare Innova & Aria, a people mover with a tech advanced Crossover. 

Not to hurt anyone, but just felt Innova & Aria are not comparable products.

Guys' date=' lets stop comparing cars like most of our Juntas,

We are motoring guys, it is not expected out of us to compare Innova & Aria, a people mover with a tech advanced Crossover. 

[/quote']

Aria and Innova may not be comparable, but surely ACI is going to go for a comparo of the same.

People at large will surely be doing a comparison, between the two.

When Maruti and Hyundai are finding it difficult to shift vehicles in that price band and surely they are more capable than Tata; how come Tata prices it out of orbit.

we can't really compare a 2 wheel drive Innova with a 4 wheel drive Aria crossover , lets be sensible it is a completely different segment here in India with no current car for comparision.

Tata knows it won't do 1000 units in a month , they target 200-250 units which it will comfortably do with craze for big Tata cars in north it will.

Lets see whats in store , let the people decide , Tata has suprised us with sale of Indica when people predicted it to be a complete failure.

Kudos to Tata to think out of the box

Guys' date='?lets stop?comparing cars like most of our Juntas,

We are motoring guys, it is not expected out of us to compare Innova & Aria, a people mover with a tech advanced Crossover.?

?

[/quote'] Yes, the general people will compare it with Innova & Xylo too but let us not.

Aria is a different car, its a crossover, it has many things which MUV doesnt have in it in general & also what i feel is that this Tata will have decent quality & hopefully no niggles initially. Frankly speaking i didnt liked the build quality & plastics of Innova too but its a reliable car so probably Aria too is not too far in quality but reliability is a question. If the Aria proves good in near future in respect to quality & reliability, then i dont think any one will compare it with Innova being a Toyota. The only thing you can compare Aria with Innova is reliability & nothing else. The Aria is not just a car with more features but a whole lot more, it has got good interiors, superb features, 4x4 ability, good looks, etc. You wont find such a combination in any car except the Merc Rclass i guess which is 4-5times expensive.

Yes it will take time to let people spend this much on a Tata car, but i feel this time Tata wont disappoint people & people will not disappoint the company either.

Actually technically this should be compared with likes of Captiva & Fortuner.bluesapphire2010-10-12 11:40:20

It is rather pricey for a Tata' date=' features don't make a car. Innova has nothing to fear. The base model Aria costs more than the topend Innova. I think Tata is nut's.
[/quote']

I too have the same opinion. An ordinary customer will definitely compare it with Innova. This kind of pricing is not good for the international markets also. Most of the features are standard  even on the base models in international competitors. After all it is a Tata  which is known for making the world's cheapest car. It is not a Jaguar or Land Rover.

As far as Tata Motors is concerned, Aria is a big-leap forward. The idea behind the project seems to have worked but the whole game is lost when it all comes down to price. Price is the single biggest deciding factor in our market.

This vehicle was a natural step for Tata to go premium & step into a category above Safari but Tata needed to cover a lot of ground before jumping to the product. With this I mean that the company:

- Needed to weed out the niggles associated with its products.

-dealerships/workshops needed sprucing up.

-This vehicle should have been evolved like Toyota went upmarket with the already successful Qualis by launching Innova. Aria through successive generations could have been developed better & made ready for the present price point.

-A direct entry of a 1st gen. vehicle into premium range doesn't give that competitive edge. One has to be at par with the competition & then offer somethings extra.

-Comparisons with Innova are natural, it seats 7 in comfort & goes about its duties in a refined & trouble free manner. Its a benchmark for the MUV segment.

-The front end(family) look hasn't gone in well with me.

-Rural markets or Tata loyalists will form the initial buyers. Urban buyer will think thrice before jumping the gun.

-Future realignment of the prices looks evident if Tata intends to get the nos.

Most of those who will buy it will be looking to buy this will mainly be for 4 wheel drive system. Rest all Innova does the same. And those buyers would mostly have experienced Safari and Scorpio, and will know what to expect. The question they will ask is should they go for it at this price, or spend a few more and get a true SUV like Endy?

BF has said right. You need to improve your foundation first and then proceed onwards. While Safari is an OK SUV it has proven to be a no-match against Scorpio.

Also the oncoming arrival of Yeti will only pull more customers away from Aria.

With mighty Innova on one side, true blood SUVs on the other, upcoming Yeti and Mahindra World SUV, Aria is in troubled waters. I say, not long before we see a 2 wheel drive version.

The success of Aria will depend squarely on NOT those who discuss it here who are not likely to buy it.  But, it will depend on all those who are real buyers waiting for something big.  And, better.  Look at Fortuner. 

If I remember right, many said it is a direct hotch potch work on a Hilux Truck and it is destined to doom.  But, look at what happened.  Not withstanding the premium, it is a super hit.  It is so popular and the demand is so much, that they could not take all orders. 

In my opinion, Aria is meant for that class of customers, who want something big, better and a 4x4 (not that many of us need it).  Such customers must have had ownership of a line of cars before this.  And, there are plenty of such people in our market, who have started at a second hand car, moved on to a small new hatch (or a sedan) and then on to something bigger (Innova/Xylo/ Grande etc.,).   Many of them today can afford something bigger than an Innova (remember Fortuner).  For such customers who are shelling out a 15 lakh for the car and another 2 lakhs for insurance and road tax, they know how to get good service.  They do not mind paying more for it.   Many of them will (anyway) own such vehicles for a year or two and dispose them off by taking the tax breaks/depeciation benefits.  And, buy something new and something bigger.  In my 25 years of banking experience, I have seen a lot of such people. 

I think Aria is meant for them.  Certainly not for the majority. 

Or, the first time buyers.  It is meant for seasoned buyers who have had a bevy of beauties parked in their huge portico.

With the news coming that there are a million billioniars in India, it could be a huge success.  My best wishes to Tata Motors.  And, the Aria team.  

The success of Aria will depend squarely on NOT those who discuss it here who are not likely to buy it.  But' date=' it will depend on all those who are real buyers waiting for something big.  And, better.[/quote']

What is meant by this comment! Whatever its not taken in good light.

Members here put up their own views which are reflective of the market at large & these are the people that constitute the market. You are an old member here, should be knowing this by now & we certainly did not expect such a comment from your side.

Only time will tell whether Aria is successful or not but all are free to speculate. Also, Fortuner comes from another T(o), completely different from this T(a) & remember all on this board always speculated Fortuners success.

And those buyers would mostly have experienced Safari and Scorpio' date=' and will know what to expect.

[/quote']

Are you serious , people who take out these babies for pure off-roading know the limitation scorpio creates because of low ground clearence, the low poised front bumper goes kaposh when you try to leap on huge rocks.

BF has said right. You need to improve your foundation first and then proceed onwards. While Safari is an OK SUV it has proven to be a no-match against Scorpio.

Pure knee jerk reaction my friend ' date=' yes scorpio might be more reliable but off the road capability is a completely different thing altogther, in Europe , particularly Spain Safari 3.0 dicor is regarded very high.

Plus new and improved Safari is on its way , Tata hasn't ignored it.

Also the oncoming arrival of Yeti will only pull more customers away from Aria.

With mighty Innova on one side, true blood SUVs on the other, upcoming Yeti and Mahindra World SUV, Aria is in troubled waters. I say, not long before we see a 2 wheel drive version.

See it from another angle , people can ignore Yeti because its Skoda , current Skoda buyers will spread the word, Mahindra isn't out yet lets wait and watch , a proper comparision can be done once the SUV hits the road. 

True i may never buy an Tata , but i will never buy a Mahindra also , for me Tata has taken a huge leap forward and sales figure will decide the success.

Tata will have hard time selling at this price point as over 15lacs people would prefer Endeavor, Fortuner, pajero.... But MUV at this price??? this vehicle seems too long to be self driven. Why Tata always fail to understand their target market... wot happen to Nano.... all two wheeler owners were supposed to shift ... 2 cylinder bin.....now this Aria..... I am fail to understand their target market.... Tata vehicles are considered cheap, bad plastics and you get all this at low price vs competitor....wake up Tata Motorssmiley3.gif 

Tata will have hard time selling at this price point as over 15lacs people would prefer Endeavor' date=' Fortuner, pajero.... But MUV at this price??? this vehicle seems too long to be self driven. Why Tata always fail to understand their target market... wot happen to Nano.... all two wheeler owners were supposed to shift ... 2 cylinder bin.....now this Aria..... I am fail to understand their target market.... Tata vehicles are considered cheap, bad plastics and you get all this at low price vs competitor....wake up Tata Motorssmiley3.gif [/quote']

Its an Cross-over not an MUV , Skoda superb outsells everyone in its price bracket because it is loaded with features , Nano is a dream to thousands , people still use bike because they find it cheaper to run , its a thumb rule , a commuter bike has to be cheaper.

at 16 lakhs u'll get feature that u'll find in a E-class, people with an SUV in mind will give it a chance, remember people have said before who'll buy an rs 8 lakh hatch.

i am in no compitition with you m8 , its about perception , i would rather buy an Aria than a bare bone Fortuner (Innova) for 24 lakhs , people think differently and Aria will sure make it , remember Tata itself would be aiming 100 units a month they know it won't be a huge success.

for some reliability isn't as important and features , people are buying skoda aren't they?

I am sure at this price point to achive 50 units is near impossible. regarding features there is nothing unusual about Aria. major problems in Aria: Uninspiring rear look ( Xylo+Vista) & underpowered engine ( to tow 2ton vehicle)

?? underpowerd ?? sorry mate end of discussion!! don't start bashing just for sake of it.

not even a mahindra fan would say that , 2.2 dicor with out-put of 140 bhp and 320 nm torque is a quicky , according to this theory Pajero with 118 bhp is a tortioussarabjeet2010-10-12 19:50:19