bluesapphire

Premium Hatch Confusion: Jazz 'Select'ed.

I won't say don't go in right now for Jazz just force her to test drive the Jazz and Fabia on rough roads. You will see the difference. Also try out the  Ritz or wait for the new Swift.

@ BS;

If not Jazz or Fabia..

Then Polo's Highline variants(both 1.2, 1.6 Petrols & Diesel) are also readily available or at l'll Waiting period(say 7-10 days) at some VW dealerships.

Do check them out..

Ritz ZXi is also a Good car, but its Visibility Issues might pose a trouble to your Mom, if she's less than 5.6 ft.
dr_nishu2010-10-14 18:11:13

Well yesterday too TD of Jazz, though my parents liked it & my mom is satisfied, the engine still wasnt as rev-free as i thought it would be, seriously speaking i find my old 03 city's 1.3 engine more rev-free than this i-vtec, still was very refined & smooth. The only thing annoying while driving was the footrest, it was protuding while pressing the clutch, was really irritating. Though the Kappa1.2 in i20 wasnt bad either.

Also the rear seats in itself arent as comfortable as say i20, they arent soft, i dont know why, but the rear is extremely spacious & nice place to be in. Also the ride at rear seats wasnt as harsh but it was bit unsettled on bad roads.

The dealer is giving discounts of 62k & its final, i will go to another dealer & see if i can get more. Also the Honda valuer valued my 2003 City at 2lacs which i think is little low. Should fetch atleast 2.15lacs.

Also my father has convinced my mom to atleast have a look at Fabia, though he wasnt the fabia fan but reduction in prices with same German quality car has attracted him towards it. So today i am going to TD it.

@Sarab, no Indica please, my parents arent in a favour of any Tata or Maruti cars.

@Rssh, yes i will go to TD Fabia & if i am convinced will tell dealer to provide me a TD at my place. No Maruti's for me please, when there were only few cars available even then i didnt opt for any Maruti so after so many options i wont even look at that brand. Though Ritz is a nice car, its not a premium hatch.

@Nishu, well i liked the Polo but it lacks that premium feel mainly due to lack of features inside the car, its a bare bones car to me, also the rear is extremely cramped so its a big NO NO. Also at my place any variant for 1.2 petrol is not available before 3-4 months & 2-3months for diesel. Also i am not in favour of owning a VW again, the only reason is Symbol theft, due to same reason i am not able to take my Jetta everywhere & a hatch being a city car has to be taken everywhere, though Polo's rear symbol is boot opener so its of no use to thief but front logo's are stolen easily. The same is the problem with new Chevy's(Beat/Cruze), Fiat's, Skoda's too but all these still look decent without a logo but VW looks very bad without its logo.

Heard VW/Skoda are keen on supplying logos free of cost to ward of the thefts.

Btw, remember you choosing Jetta because it has an air of premiumness about it, marquey brand. If you have same expectations from a hatch, choose between Polo, Fabia, Jazz.

Go ahead with Jazz but remember its not going to have good re-sale like other honda cars as you need a family hatch this is only hatch which can accommodate 5 people with ample boot space to spare in the country as I said earlier only shape and price is deterrent. If you are ok with it ,its the best hatch in the country.smiley4.gif

@Tushar Actually, if you think about it, the Jazz is likely to have great resale. It provides ample amounts of space, superb quality and trouble free ownership for years. If you add all that to the strong brand name of Honda than you have a product a lot of people desire but can afford at full price. Quite a few will pounce at the chance to own a second hand Jazz.

Heard VW/Skoda are keen on supplying logos free of cost to ward of the thefts.

Btw' date=' remember you choosing Jetta because it has an air of premiumness about it, marquey brand. If you have same expectations from a hatch, choose between Polo, Fabia, Jazz.
[/quote'] is this true about providing logo's for free?

And yes i had Quality expectations & thus went for Jetta, well that was altogether a different segment so premium quality was my priority. Though i always want good quality but Hyundai also does good in its segment so i have no problems with i20 but my parents are not sure about i20.

Went 2days before to TD Fabia but was in hurry so just saw the car & came, called the executive to come at my place for TD, he agreed for saturday but missed the timings i called him, then again called me on sunday for an appointment for TD for monday, fixed for 9.30am but didnt came till 11am, then he again called me & said that he will come at 2.30pm & apolozised for morning but again till now he hasnt come or called. So mostly we have cancelled the Fabia from our list.

The other Honda dealer came for Jazz deals, while the previous one was giving 45k on select edition & 57k on standard base, this one gave us 57k on both variants plus 5k Honda genuine accessories like mats, pillows, mud flaps, etc... He will call me in evening for delivery periods as the white one is not ready with him while other dealer has it. Meanwhile we were also convinced for City E at 9lacs & S at 9.5lacs OTR(insurance is free) as difference is not much but still will go for a hatch only as we plan to buy a bigger car next year end replacing my Spark.

Haha thats good one...It would have been better if they had told me that they are not interested but committing & not fulfilling is worse than rejecting.

Anyways, Red color is only available in Jazz X which is too expensive & with no discounts. Although we loved ralleye Red, we dont want any bright color since i already have Green Spark. White or Silver will be the one, though i would have gone for black sure if it was i20, as Jazz doesnt looks that good in Black, we will be opting for the White or Silver. Though i like Jazz's Silver but White is my choice.

No, i dont like the Sherbet blue. Also the dealers due to lack of demand dont have all the colors ready, White, Silver, Black & Red are common so they have those only. One dealer which is offering me good deal does not have any Jazz readily available.

The dealer here is finally offering around 67k including 5k HGA accessories, my uncle is negotiating more & probably will book the Jazz & probably will take delivery on Dhanteras which is on 3rd November.

The skoda guy again called me to take appointment, i agreed but again he didnt came & then gave excuse that the Fabia is with the manager, then he said to come in morning next day but again no updates so if he calls me again, i am going to scold him big time.

please check the manufacturing date of Jazz its over 80% localised ( totally Indian vendors parts inside and outside)  before buying. I heard new model of Jazz is going to launch in international market just like Civic as itsb quite vintage now.

please check the manufacturing date of Jazz its over 80% localised ( totally Indian vendors parts inside and outside) ?before buying. I heard new model of Jazz is going to launch in international market just like Civic as itsb quite vintage now.
I think the localisation for jazz is more than 70% from day1. And can you explain why do i need to check the mfg date?, also i dont think that new Jazz is coming anytime before 2012.

New launch is expected around 2nd quarter of 2011 .

Manufacturing date:

Honda cars have 17 characters VIN & 9th ,10th represents Month and Year.

If you are buying rightnow ideally your VIN character at 9th placeshould be  J (Oct Month) ( Jan-A..... Dec-M)

New launch is expected around 2nd quarter of 2011 .

Manufacturing date:

Honda cars have 17 characters VIN & 9th ' date='10th represents Month and Year.

?

If you are buying rightnow ideally your VIN character at 9th placeshould be ?J (Oct Month) ( Jan-A..... Dec-M)
[/quote'] OK, will check this for sure. Thanks.

So finally booked Jazz Select edition with 57k discount, white color. Will get it on 3rd november on the auspicious day of Dhanteras. Thanks all for the help, will post the pics & review asap.

@mod, please edit the title to 'Jazz Select booked'.

This shows that after discounts Jazz is gradually being accepted. Honda should have given Jazz X at the price equal to what is the actual price of the normal one. This would have given it even better nos.

Congrats on the purchase BS! Hope she serves you well. I know for a fact that sitting inside that car and looking at those interiors is always a delight.

Good to see Jazz being appreciated. It was always a good product. I just wonder how much success the car would have seen had they priced it only about 50K less than what they did.