bluesapphire

Premium Hatch Confusion: Jazz 'Select'ed.

1.2 Vtech chopped indian version of 1.5 vtech of its elder sibling is already Euro4 ready. but the main concern is DONOT BUY WHICH IS 7 months old. wait for another month in 2011 you'll get the best deal on vintage Jazz and also chk have they stopped producing Jazz and clearing their stock at dealer end.

Don't buy classic Jazz & Buy new Jazz with manufacturing date not older than a month.smiley18.gif ( J-Oct, K-Nov onwards VIN)

From Honda's site regarding Jazz

The Honda i-VTEC engine (Intelligent Variable Valve Timing and Electronic Lift Control) in the Honda Jazz is designed to give you just the right mix of power and fuel efficiency. Add to that the Drive by Wire system and you have a combination that responds at the touch of the throttle. With Honda, as always, power meets responsibility. The Jazz is E10 compatible and it also meets Euro IV emission levels to make sure that all it spreads is happiness all around.

Some says its not Euro4 while Honda says, it is.

Not much wrong with BS3 except if you decide to move with BS4 you are Ok for five years. with BS3 you will be in trouble in any city in India after five years, when the norms will become BS5/BS4. I know the cars are BS4 compliant but not certified. But 'compliant' cuts no ice with the law. I think the only change is the addition of a warning light if emissions (sensed by the Lambda Sensor?) exceed the limit!

sgiitk2010-11-02 06:40:12

Only the Jazz X launched is Euro IV compliant currently rest all are old inventories .

Just see the BS IV badging on the Jazz X if you see it.

Then it is not just compliant but certified!

This is the fudge they have been using - compliant just means that - it is not certified. Also, the indicator as indicated may not be there, and cannot be registered as BS4. I had an almighty argument with the Honda RSM Mr Negi on this before I got my BS4 Civic.

In my case I saved some money since while they jacked up the price by about 10k on account of BS4, the reversing sensors became standard - a reduction of about 20k. I had asked for these, since the rear visibility for reversing of both the Civic and ANHC is quite poor.