rahul1810

ACI Exclusive: New Verna Spotted in India

These are the first ever spy shots of the upcoming Hyundai RB saloon, spotted by our reader Chris Sekar somewhere near Kodaikanal in South India.

First shown at the Moscow motor show, the Hyundai RB is a repackaged new Accent with new bumpers and a new front grille, bonnet and headlights. Its design also incorporates Hyundai's 'fluidic sculpture

And are they going to kill the accent finally and replace it with the Verna. And replace the Verna with this ?

It better be good enough to lure away crazy Honda city fans all over India. Something like what Hyundai did with the i20. Hope they don't give it an i label though !

And are they going to kill the accent finally and replace it with the Verna. And replace the Verna with this ?

Might not be..

Hyundai plans to position this Sedan above the Verna, in the league of ANHC, Vento, etc.  

Hmmm! atlast an Elentra replacement I guess but it will compete with the topend City and low end Corolla and Civic .With the diesel and quality interior of the newer generation Hyundai Honda will have sleepless nights.

PS Has anyone seen an Altis D4D ?

why are they selling discountinued models accent , verna old shape in India. I still remember they did the world debut of accent in india 7-8 yrs back around Diwali time. now they are treating our Market as unwanted types. new sonata, tuscon (xi30), Verna is missing from Indian market.

Hyundai .......don't make foolish mistakes like maruti  suzuki did .smiley7.gif

why are they selling discountinued models accent ' date=' verna old shape in India. I still remember they did the world debut of accent in india 7-8 yrs back around Diwali time. now they are treating our Market as unwanted types. new sonata, tuscon (xi30), Verna is missing from Indian market.

Hyundai .......don't make foolish mistakes like maruti  suzuki did .smiley7.gif[/quote']

Probably, they are scared stiff by the way their D segmenters are being treated by Indian's, so they are taking their own sweet time to come out with their pricier models. They'd be closely watching how Aria and Kizashi are going to fare before they decide; I think. They sure can't bring CBU's as they'd be very expensive. I'd say they are concentrating on their core strengths than take risks.

why are they selling discountinued models accent ' date=' verna old shape in India. [/quote']Probably, they are scared stiff by the way their D segmenters are being treated by Indian's, so they are taking their own sweet time to come out with their pricier models.

Sir,
I think , now, Hyundai has started taking it's chances again.After the failure of Terracan, Tucson and Elantra models, Hyundai is doing the same mistake again.
They have brought in the Santa-Fe at an atrocious price-point. I have serious apprehensions on this one making a slice in the Indian market.
Upwards of 20 La. is a price bracket dominated by players like Honda and Toyota primarily. Ford and Chevrolet are close behind. Mitsubishi struggles to get cars moving, though the their machines are well-engineered and competitive.

Post edited: While quoting, use only a part of the original post & not the entire post.
BornFree2010-10-15 19:00:00

@rahul

lets say hyundai is going with skimming strategy , they know there are buyers with 25 lakhs in hand and they want a SUV , Fortuner has a long waiting list thats where hyundai is playing CHance Pe dance , Santa -fe isn't a gad alternative , i think its better on certain terms than toyota.

As for verna replacement or elentra , Hyundai will be spot on , i think Hyundai will place it between Verna and cruze/elentra