karanmods

Performance Boxes

Hello everyone,

I have heard a lot about performance boxes for diesel engines.

According to what I have read and found out,these boxes lead to a substantial increase in the power of the diesel car without compromising on fuel economy.

What I wanted to know was that how successful are these boxes on our cars?

Even if they lead to a performance increase how safe are they for the engine and most importantly the E.C.U of the car.(In the short and long term)Does'nt the life of the car' engine get effected?

If these boxes are so good why dont the orignal car manufacturers use them?

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. Have a nice time here. Please go through the announcement section once

Yes these boxes do provide performance benefits. They do increase power and torque figures but Fuel efficiency is compromised. Fuel efficiency drops to notable amounts.

These boxes are safe alright. But servicing and warranty are still issues. One particular box is not always available in plenty, that if one goes ka-put you may not find the identical one with the same company itself.  Petes is a reliable one though, but not flawless.

Fitting these boxes are not the complete expense. You need additional performance mods to uphold the increase in boost. For eg : alloys, better tyres, better Air intakes and some more. So that ends up making your car costlier than a more powerful car in stock.

Yes engine life is likely to get affected. Moreover resale value decreases and warranty is void if done within warranty years. Company ECUs are tuned for fuel efficiency and according to the cars optimal ability.

Do not go for these unless you are too serious with performance or if your car is terribly underpowered that it feels worthless to drive.

sb-alto2010-10-13 07:27:07

well simple people buy Diesel for F.E , but things are changing diesel engines now are becoming more powerfull and outrun its petrol compititor with lesser displacement.

Perfromace Boxes have screwed up engines , Pete haven't gone well with BMWs.

I have a Skoda Laura pump duse 105 bhp model.I wanted to install a Pete's Box
in it to increase its power cause I feel it is a bit under powered.My question to you was that
what bad effects does this box have on the E.C.U and the engine of the car(short term and long term)?
Is it advisable to install in this particular model and what would be the increase in power?
Thankyou so much for your help.

Threads merged: Don't create new threads for the same query. Continue discussions here.
BornFree2010-10-13 16:16:31

Skoda Laura has been Peted by many and it is a success , there are no know issues with ECU failure due to Pete in Skoda but BMW had issues.

As for Skoda , Laura is a particular model which has issues with Turbo failure , which can cost upto 70,000 rs for replacement.

@Sarabjeet......thanks for the reply,You said that the Skoda Laura is good with a petes box,but you also said that there may be some problems with the tubocharger of the laura.Did you mean that the pete's box or any other performance box causes the turbocharger problem or is it a general problem with most Lauras.Please elaborate.

Thanks

Though l'll bit expensive, but the Pete's box are the best, safe & almost Non-tampering mods for a Diesel car today.

You canlook for it or can consult with other Members using it from the Internet..

dr_nishu2010-10-13 20:50:05