Pranab*

Need a diesel car to drive to suburbs.

Hi Petrol headssmiley1.gif, how are you guys doing.

Im Back after almost a year now, thank you all for sharing your comments earlier on which car to buy, I had bought the laura TDI AT, loving the carsmiley4.gif

Anyway now i need to buy a car for driving to surbarbs, basicly i stay in south bombay, Since i have started working these days, i travel alot to the factories which are at virar, vasai and daman etc.Im very much tired of traveling by train.

My running would be about twice or thrice a week to factories, so about around 500kms a week. Im looking for a diesel engine as good as the laura tdi, Budget would in the 10 - 12 lacks segment.

Average of the car is one of the first priority im looking at.

I want something good for the horrible bumby roads or dirt roads. It should be very comfortbale, good in-car entertainment, extremly good ac cooling.

Also other ascessories like led lights. I was very impressed with dc innova in mumbai domestic airport.

i think this sums it up.

So what are my options ? Innova, very much open to it but i feel its an old car now, scorpio > my dad dosent admire it. xylo > ugly.

I heard some new tata is coming out..

thanks in advance for your help.

Tata's New Innova-like Crossover -ARIA is here in our market & is priced quite high i.e: around Rs.13 lakhs(Ex-showroom price).

& is quite away from your budget of 10-12 lakhs.

So, Presently Innova comes out to be choice for you, within your budget & considerations.

OR

You can also wait for Soon-to-be-launched(by Nov-Dec2010) Mahindra's Successful MUV -Xylo. 

Other options like Mahindra's new Global SUV, etc are Quite far from their launch. 

If you want a car-like performance, go for Innova (trusted and tried).

If you want a MPV, go for Xylo E8 (you may not like the shape, but ....).

Between the two, Xylo gives better mileage, better space and excellent AC.

Travelling around 500km per week, on suburban roads, with good AC and good mileage expectations, your choices are limited to the two which fits your

budget perfectly.

I dont think budget will really put a major factor, i could stretch because the car would a  business utility vehicle, so no issues for budget, little more then 12 lacks is fine to.

You want a car for Mumbai suburbs, then why are you thinking of large vehicles like SUVs or MUVs. Go for a well powered diesel hatch like i20, Polo etc. They would be much easier to drive in the city and now have nearly everything that sedans a segment above do.

Lol virar and vasai = travelling to pune :P (from south mumbai)

I agree with rahul , unless you don't have to transport stuff/goods in your car why go for an SUV/MUV ?? Driving to Virar/Vasai is an headache with all the trucks coming , go for a hatch or sedan.

if you are open to seconds , pick yourself an 2008 Endavour or Captiva for around 13.
sarabjeet2010-10-16 10:04:56

As we know the condition of the Subarbs were even hatchback don't have much space then why are you considering a SUV/MPV(unless chauffered driven) . For good overall ride and comfort the Punto is a very good car and has all the features you want . The i20 CRDi is also a good vehicle the engine is a scorcher but the suspension is on softer side and the ride a high speed is not as good as a punto . But it is excellently loaded to the gill . Test Drive both and Decide also go in for the varient with ABS.

Im allready buying a hatch back for my sister ( what ever she chooses, it would be polo or micra according to me ) as she is coming back from the uk after her studies. So i really dont want another car as i aslo own a getz.

Im very impressed with the Aria, on monday i booked my testdrive for it.

The car will be chaffuer driven.

Why don't you use your existing Laura TDi AT for going to suburbs.

Becuase i want to use the laura as a occasion car, like for parties, weddings etc. The way to my facotory has a lot of muddy/ dirty roads, or what we say kaccha roads, dont want to spoil the laura.

Safari and Aria and Innova seems to fit the bill as you are against mahindra , TD them all yourself and pick, make a list of things you like in a particular vehical and then after TD analysis the list

I think you have made a very good choice Pranab ,the Aria is a better vehicle in the TaTa stable right now and the quality has improved drastically . Also tell us the varient you are going in for . I think the pleasure with leather option is the best bet for ARIA . Best of Luck!

Well I think a streach of a lakh is not much for a better better vehicle IMHO . Also he said he is going in for the Aria ,so I was just suggesting the varient .There are 3 interior colour to choose from

1. All Black

2. Black & Beige

3. Black & Plum

I think I liked the 3 option better as the Beige colour makes the Aria look cheap ,whereas Plum make is look more upmarket.

Budget can be increased by a couple of lacks if the car is worth is, My dad saw the aria and was very impressed by it. He is the innova fan but now hes keeping his options open.

Can i get to know the diffrence between all 4 varients ? do all of them have cruise control and gps ?

When is the yeti and rvr expected ? and how much would it be the pricing bracket.

Also what average is the Aria giving ?

RVR is petrol , will not fulfill your requirements.

Yeti shall be 16+ ex showroom for base model

Aria gives 9/9.5 city and 12 on highways.

2 Arias already sold from wasan motors chembur