BonFre

Which bike?

I wasn't really a bike person but lately have developed a taste for bikes. My all-time favorite is RE Bullet & RD350 but as the production of old CI std. 350 has been stopped, Im looking else where too.

Let me admit, I don't know much about the bikes available in the market right now. Bullet was my 1st & last choice but for the reason stated above, I want to know about other bikes too.

What I aspire is a regular bike with straight sitting position & not those sporty bikes with curved seating. Remember the old Yamaha RX100 which was a commuter bike but filled the sporty aspirations too somewhat.

Im open to all makes, under 160cc & no Splendor like boring bikes. Yamaha FZ series looks exciting but not sure of the seating position.

Don't know whether I will buy one in the end or not but suggest some good bikes & if possible post pics. too for a fair idea.

Punjabi look good on bullet , on other bikes they look like they are sitting on unicycle

well below 160cc two bike will suite your requirement, Honda Unicorn and HH Hunk.
sarabjeet2010-10-16 19:39:36

Yeah Bullet is what I like but the new Bulls with UCE engines do not appeal to me.

Unicorn is a good bike but boring I guess, will check out HH Hunk. Forgot to add, the bike should be rough tough!

Edit: 30-35km/L is low for sub 150cc bikes. Are you sure Yamahas deliver such poor FE!

No Suzuki for me, find them quite boring.
BornFree2010-10-16 19:54:38

Go for HH , yamaha does have the looks but mono shockups are a bit worrying factor and also FE is around 30-35 kmpl mark which is low for 150cc segment

You can look at Suzuki 150 but i am not aware about the service stations in your area

@BF;

Don't know about your Actual height sir, but;

-If you're a Tall person, then Check out the HH CBZ Xtreme or Honda Dazzler.

hero-honda-cbz-xtreme-left-view.jpgNew-Honda-Dazzler.bmp

-Or If a Short heighted then choose from HH Hunk or Bajaj Pulsar either 150/180/220 naked.

2010-Bajaj-Pulsar-150.jpgdsc00972.jpg

& Yes, Yamaha FZ series bikes delivers around 38-44kmpl Maximum in the Routine driving conditions, prime reason behind this is it Extra-Wide 140mm Rear Radial tyre.

Please shortlist & clarify your query from the details above.

Waiting for your reply sir..

Nishu, Im 6ft tall & looking for bike which offers straight riding position instead of a curved as on sports bikes.

The suspension of the bike should be comfy & robust because don't want to be bouncing around

Of the ones pictured above, HH CBZ extreme looks too multicolored for my tastes.

RE Classic 500 was high on my list but have heard the bikes are having teething problems. Tried one & liked but the bull thump was missing.

Also the bike is dependent on many sensors, failures would be plenty.

BF,

I remember the thread started by you earlier (many topics were omitted due to some server problem).

In the biking days you were driving the gypsy.

Yous 1st & last choice is very correct but as time will pass it will be difficult to find a well condition bullet. And currently the prices are sky high.

Of you really want to own the bike ( I mean bullet) better to build your own.

As you live in Punjab, I presume you can find some good mechanics. And the original parts may also easily available for Std 350.

Better to spare some time and discuss with mechanic for building a Std 350 with CDI ignition system.

BornFree2010-10-17 14:16:07

Yes, we lost the Bullet thread during the crash.

True, even local dealers whom I met say the same. As of now some std 350's CI are available but as time passes by, their availability shall be an issue. Prices are already very high on used std. 350 CI's.

A rebuild is a good solution but I won't be able to spare that much time needed for the job.

Well the best bike for you is the Dazzler .It is a good overall bike which is meant for touring and the seating position is not sporty though the bike looks sporty .Only downsides are that it costs high and features are less ,also the low end grunt is poor.

Well the best bike for you is the Dazzler .It is a good overall bike which is meant for touring and the seating position is not sporty though the bike looks sporty .

Yes, that is what Im looking for precisely. Yamaha RX 100 during its days was a very good commuter bike, plus was sporty enough.

Actually sporty character is more important than sporty looks.

Nishu' date=' Im 6ft tall & looking for bike which offers straight riding position instead of a curved as on sports bikes.

The suspension of the bike should be comfy & robust because don't want to be bouncing around [/quote']

So BF sir, choose either from Honda Dazzler or HH CBZ Xtreme, but as far as Suspension is concerned I would like to prefer CBZ, as despite of having a Stiffer suspension setup, its Suspension is still less stiff & more Comfier than Honda Dazzler, whereas Ride in the latter suffers due to the Stiffness of Monoshock setup.

Of the ones pictured above' date=' HH CBZ extreme looks too multicolored for my tastes.
[/quote']

Yes, you're right.

As the CBZ Xtreme pic posted above is of Sporty black combination(with One Black & one Red Alloy), whereas it also comes in Only Black colour combo seen in the pic below

hero-honda-cbz-extreme-atft-1.jpg

Don't go for New Bullet 350 & 500 Classic, they're having very low Ride Height & aren't having presence & thump of earlier Bullet Standard & Electras.

@ BF , Don't worry about sensor or electronic failures on new RE as these bikes are exported to UK and US , plus they have been tried and tested long before their launch.

As for the Thumb , after mart exhaust can solve your problem a bit , RE also provides you with exhausts