rahul1810

Kizashi: Launch on 28 January 2011

12102010050.jpgHere are some clearest spy shots of the Suzuki Kizashi, spotted by our reader Ninad, doing testing at Pune.

With the Kizashi, Suzuki is trying to move up the luxury car ladder in India. The Kizashi is much more than just a bigger, larger version of an SX4. It promises more driving pleasure and performance compared to its rivals. In the styling department, Suzuki has used familiar cues to establish the identity of the Kizashi, and the headlights and grille have a familiar look to them. The treatment of the grilles is actually very similar to the Swift

CBU , was expecting a CKD, it will sell for sure , with Marutis A.S.S a strong point. But a CKD would have rocketed the charts , with a price tag of 13 it would have troubled Altis and Civic

Lets see if MSIL is successful in this segment. I am still negative about it, people in India still wants snob value in that segment & with Maruti thats simply not assured, there are bigger & better brands like Honda, Toyota, Volkswagen, Skoda, etc. Hyundai still holds better value than Maruti for expensive cars. I know even Hyundai's arent as successful in that segment but with their new i-series modern products, they will surely succeed with the upcoming new Elantra, Verna & Sonata.

@BS

I second you. In India >10 lakh car is something that a few buy and they really want exclusivity in that. Maruti will need to price it really competitively. It is slotted between Civic and Accord in US, here it has to be at atleast Civic level. I am expecting sales of around 500 a month.

Same goes with Hyundai. Also as Hyundai's designs are so aggressive I am not sure how many will like it?

Same goes with Hyundai. Also as Hyundai's designs are so aggressive I am not sure how many will like it?

Well their fluidic design theme with new Elantra, Verna & Sonata are not very aggressive, instead i find them smooth & less edgy. While their new i10 & ix35 looks aggressive.

The new Hyundai's have better quality, design, comfort, better fit & finish, & features. While new Hyundai's are very different from old Hyundai's, the same is not with Maruti & to me that will bring them down. Globally the design & new products by Hyundai have been very well appreciated & have changed their brand image in minds of people & have also threatened Honda, Nissan & Toyota but i dont many notices or appreciates Suzuki's globally. BornFree2010-10-18 12:45:45

@Rahul as it is a CBU we would be only getting the top-end version , yes they should have launched it parallel to civic thats why i said CKD would have done wonders.

I find it hard people going in for Accord and Superb to give it a look but then again it is India , it might just sell

If Maruti and Hyundai want to make a serious attempt at cracking the D segment open they should bring these cars with max local content and make interior's to Indian tastes and at tempting price, then may be Indian market will take notice. See what happened to the accomplished Camry, its a pretty rare sight on our roads due to it being a CBU. Even the premium segment of Merc, Beemer and Audi can't ignore this fact.

I think this car is going to be a big success if Marti could price it around 15lakhs.

Think both Suzuki GV and Kizashi are priced closely in US Market (around $25k). Hence think that they could easily price the Kizashi at a price similar to GV, since both the cars are CBUs.

Unlike GV, Kizashi feels much upmarket. Hence I do not see any reason why it shouldn't be a success in India. IMHO GV was not a competitive product, but Kizashi really is!

@15lakh, Kizashi will be a larger, feature rich, sporty, comfortable, practical, quality product in comparison to cars like Civic, Altis, Laura etc. Think the premium of around 1.5lakhs over a entry D segment car is worth it, since Kizashi is comparable to more luxurious cars like Camry.

Well Kizashi isnt as comfortable, Spacious & larger as you think, its rear is still not spacious. Also the quality might have improved to large extent(though when i saw car at Delhi, it had decent quality but not great) but to beat Honda/Toyota/VW in quality is something i cant digest.

@BS It is more spacious than Civic, infact it was pegged in between Civic and Accord in all reviews except for ride quality suspension etc. which are even better.

I expect quality close to but inferior and distinguishable from the superior Japs and Germans.

Do you think Maruti can break into the Luxury market?

It has thrice burnt it's fingers with the Vitara.

A Million dollar question???

Will throw up a new discussion.

But it might find takers from a few loyal Maruti Customers.

Till now even the international media has not given it's long-term review on this new one.

That's only initial test drive report (cover story) which will always feel too good and tempting.

What I here meant was a real-time buyer's report. That'll only come by after a prolonged ownership.

Now there is a new out that 90k Swifts' will have a recall in Japan

Problem:

After receiving 77 complaints about the door

Kizashi has had all round good reviews from where ever it's been launched. In the US it's also spawned a slew of performance versions. It's a real success story for Suzuki and it should do well here too, I don't see any reason why except for say it's brand equity; what brand equity did Skoda have when it was launched here: almost none. Most important feature that would make or break would be 'killer' pricing, to take on Toyota and Honda.

Durango Dude2010-10-20 04:44:28

If handled deftly can really take a slice from Honda and Toyota. It will boil down to fantastic pricing (unlike Aria), marketing, sales experience and after sales service. I think Maruti has the wherewithal for such a gamble. I think it can dedicate separate showroom space for the Kizashi. Have dedicated person handling service of the Kizashi. (Believe me Hyundai has separate person handling even the now defunct Elantra; at HMP, at least.)